X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning Issues

Hey ladies! I have a few questions. Iam about 10 months post relaxer and Iam starting to go crazy! I can't handle short hair so I can't bc, but I really want to be able to do wash and go's. my relaxed ends are super noticeable now and I kind of want to cut them off but I'm not sure how to go about that. The only hair stylists availible in my area at the moment are Walmart and this other expensive hair salon that I cannot afford. I have heard bad reviews from the Walmart for the hair cuts so I won't be going there. At this point I'm helpless and I don't know what to do about my hair anymore. Being half relaxed half curly is a challenge that I'm not sure I can deal with anymore if I can't find a way around it. The area I live in us predominately white so I can't get weave unless I drive home 3 hours away which I can't afford to do being a poor college kid. I've done every transitional style I think of, I'm sick of twisting every single night. But as soon as I see my beautiful 3c curls I get excited again. What can I do too make this process easier for myself? And how if possible can I chop my relaxed ends? Thanks!

Why not do a braid out and curl your ends with rollers...you will need to style you hair that blends the two textures, Im not sure a wng will right.
    Check out You Tube for styles.
    Transitioned for 20 months Sept 1, 2011-May 8, 2013
    Hair Info: 4a, fine strands, high density
    Cant live without:
    Cantu SB Leave In & Curls Cashmere Curls Jelly

Comment

If you decided to cut it yourself put your hair in twists and trim.

Comment

I would say go ahead and just chop it all off. but since ure scared of that. just do like an inch every month or 2 so that way u can get rid of relaxed ends and wont be in length shock. if u cut an inch off every 2 months, it's like saying u gained an inch of natural hair as ure getting rid of an inch of relaxed hair
        1 yr post relaxer ^-^
        1 yr post bc ^-^
        Last Relaxer: March 2nd, 2012!!
        BC: 10/12/12

Hair Goal:
        - SL: June of 2014
        - APL: Dec of 2014
        - BSL: December of 2015

http://tempobronze124.tumblr.com/

Motto: Leave the past where it is and move on to the future

Comment

I like the inch a month thing! I think i may do that. How many twists do I need to put my hair in before I cut it?

Comment

For a more precise trim section your hair the way you would to apply a relaxer and do 4-8 twists per section. Then snip snip.

Comment

Sounds easy enough! Thanks so much!

Comment

No problem Chica!

Comment

Greetings!
                  You say you cant handle short hair, but boy would that answer all your questions! Okay, I wont push, lol, There are some videos on youtube that show tricks on how to trim your relaxed ends down. One specifically involves braiding and finding those damaged ends and clipping.
                  On a personal note....Initially I refused to BC, but it has been the best thing I have done with my hair. No late nights up twisting and braiding.....wash and go, coil....no fuss at all.
                  :: My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JourneyF...?feature=watch ::

Transition start: 8/7/12
                  Big Chop: 10/17/12

Comment

I'm about 10 months post relaxer as well and I've been taking about an inch off every 6 weeks. Bantu knots have been my best style for blending the two textures. I also want to try a straw set because that does a good job of blending and lasts long when done properly.

Hang in there. Did you have a target to BC when you started transitioning (like 1 year or longer). That might help you focus and have a date to look forward to. In the mean time, try to snip off a few inches and only BC when you feel you are ready :-) xxx
                    Love, Laugh, Listen... xoxo

Follow my blog!: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...every-way.html

Comment

Here is the video I was looking for about trimming:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1WG-Sl5l-U&feature=plcp
                      :: My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JourneyF...?feature=watch ::

Transition start: 8/7/12
                      Big Chop: 10/17/12

Comment

You can do flexi rods and this style last at least 5-7 days.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

This will blend the two textures. Check out you tube to learn how to do this style. I also have a video on how to do it. Check out victoriouspassions

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

How can I twist out my transitioning hair?

Comment

So I trimmed a bit off a few nights ago and I already see and feel a major difference in my hair it's great. Ill continue to do Bantu knots my hair always looks amazing with those.

Comment

Working...
                              X