X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Chop!!!

I have been transitioning for 5 months. I plan on BCing on my 21st birthday (the 31St of this month). I'm a bit nervous. I've been looking on YouTube about feeling confident and dressing up your TWA. I've always had long hair up until 3 years ago. I chopped it all off into a cute little haircut. Sadly I haven't had much hair growth until I stopped relaxing my hair. I've been wearing weaves (glue ins) for the majority of the time. But now my edges are gone but I've had a lot of hair growth everywhere else on my head. I am pretty sure im ready for the BC. I just need a little help in styling my twa. Any suggestions.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using CurlyNikki App
    Last Relaxer: August 2012
    Big Chop: January 25, 2013
    Hair Length Goal: Mid-Back length

Sew ins are a better protective style , without glue. I usually wear a mini puff or twist out. And protective styles such as braids. You will be glad you did it trust me. This is a pic from bc to two months. I am going on 3months Jan 26th

Sent from my SGH-T499 using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files

Comment

That's actually what I have in my hair now. Thank you! Im going to keep my sew in until I do the big chop.

Comment

What products do you recommend for when I BC?

Comment

I used pantene relaxed & natural but I am going to try creme of nature with argan oil its sulfate free and.i hear its really moisturizing

Sent from my SGH-T499 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hi ladies! I did my BC on Dec 8th. So I'm a little over a month in. I have two questions. #1: How do I find out my hair type? I get so overwhelmed & intimidated with all the information online. And #2: How do I start a topic on this site?

Sent from my MB855 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

You really won't know your texture until after a few months. My hair has 3 different textures which all have different needs. I also did a video before I chopped mine off again with my 10 fab products. Keep it simple and try to find someone with a texture similar to yours. It will make it so much easier. http://youtu.be/dqr3JnJUXzA Good luck on your bc too!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

another way you can style your twa is by doing wash and gos. They are really simple and easy to do for me. Some products I used when i bc'ed is vo5 conditioners, apple cider vinegar, castile soap and cantu shea butter leave in. I also used castor oil and african pride herbal oil.

@blackbeauty73, to start a new topic, you click on new thread at the top left.
                  Last edited by tanh89; 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The phone thing is my hair has 3 different textures too I'm one month post transition for 14 months but as the months go on it changes. I'm glad that I have not used that much heat because I probably would have thought in had heat damage because my curls in the back are so looser than my front.

Check our journey if you wish. I still can't wear it out yet so wigs have been my protective style

Search (Lparke02)

http://m.youtube.com/user/lparke02?feature=guide

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I'm only 15 days post bc. I transitioned for 3 months. But I actually was able to do a twist out on my hair a few days ago. It turned out okay but I know with a little more length it would look better. I have found that headbands and scarves are great accessories for your twa. I am actually looking to start using some new products on my hair. I'm not real sure what my hair type is either but I'm doing my research to try and find out.

Comment

Working...
                        X