X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

i cut my hair on Dec.1 and im still in process of getting use to it. But im looking to meet others who are on this journey and learn all things i can. This is my hair the day i cut it(in the blue shirt) and how it looks today. Trying to learn about my hair and see if its anything i can do to it so it dont look so plain. Open to all
    Attached Files

Hi!!! Here is one thing I will tell you. Not everything is set in stone for everyone. You will see some posts that a so exact to you i.e hair type, length etc... And the method they use will or will not work for you. But dont be discouraged. You will learn something new all the time. Almost everyday if you pay close attention. There are great people on these forums. Welcome and good luck!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself ~ FDR

Comment

thank youvery much

Comment

=)

Hi There.! I Was Where You Were Not So Long A Go.! I Would Try And Suggest Bringing Out You Curl Pattern With Some Conditioner And Some Gel.! I Use ECO -The Olive Oil One.! Its A Great Gel That Every Natural Should Have.! Hope This Helps, This Is Just What I Did When I First Cut All My Hair Off.

CQV
        CQV

Comment

Yeah i heard about that gel im planning to go get some tomorrow. Where can i buy it at?

Comment

i use shea butter mositure for my cowash,motions leave in conditioner and i have some define curl pattern by motions as well. My hair has always been weird to me. at the moment when i do all the things i need to the back has tight little curls and the front have loose curls but striaght at the same time (if that makes sense).

Comment

Originally posted by newnatuarl87 View Post
              Yeah i heard about that gel im planning to go get some tomorrow. Where can i buy it at?
              I Always Buy My Gel At A Beauty Supply Store .! Remember Everything Will Not Work For You But Don't Give Up.! Sometimes Knowing Your Hair Type Will Help You Better Pick Out Products.! Happy Journey.!
              CQV

Comment

I BC'd on November 20 and I am still learning what my hair does and does not like. However, Shea Moisture Curling Soufflé is my fav product. It keeps my hair feeling moisturized all day! I love it.

Comment

Where do you get that I can't find much here

Sent from my HTC One V using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Newlove View Post
                    Where do you get that I can't find much here

Sent from my HTC One V using CurlyNikki App
                    I purchased mine from Target.

Comment

yeah i found some shea products from target as well and they are a good price

Comment

Okay i have a question....after co-washing is it better to put the product (for example..the leave in,curl creme or mositure)on first and then the olive oil on? Im still trying to work on keepn it moistured.

Comment

Walmart carries the Shea Moisture products and Walgreens has a gift set with each product in the set, costs $21 if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by newnatuarl87 View Post
                            Okay i have a question....after co-washing is it better to put the product (for example..the leave in,curl creme or mositure)on first and then the olive oil on? Im still trying to work on keepn it moistured.
                            I mix the oil (and aloe vera juice) in my leave-in, then add gel or moisturizer, etc.

Comment

Your hair is beautiful! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a natural and TWA newbie too. I BC'd nearly four months ago and wondered the same thing as you. Like the other ladies have mentioned, it will take time for you to see what all works for your hair. What may work for some, may not be what works for you, but you shouldn't get discouraged by it. Neither should you let the lack of curl definition bother you either. Embrace your hair for what it is and not for what you think it should be and do.

Before you spend money experimenting with products to work with, stick with the basics first: water and oils. Try sample sizes or smaller sizes of products if they're available before shelling out money on products your hair won't like. Figure out what your wash regimen should be next. Should you co-wash every other day? Every three days? Every week? Should you not wash with shampoo? How often should you deep condition? Play around and see how your hair responds to see how often you should wash and do those other things. When you do wash, pre-pooing is a definite plus I've found out because it helps to detangle your hair and preps it for washing. I would recommend finger combing on wet hair because it reduces tangles and breakage.

As for styling TWAs, to keep it from looking plain, invest in accessories. Scarves, headbands, and other hair accessories will instantly make your TWA go from drab to fab. You can find great scarves at thrift and resale stores for cheap, hit the sales section at Icing, Claires, or stores that sells hair accessories. You can also do finger coils, mini twists, and twist outs using water, gels, puddings, or whatever unknown product that others may not have heard about but you've happened to come across it and it works wonders. As you get to know what your hair likes and what it does (like does it shrink a ton, does it lack curl definition, etc.), you can figure out what works best for you, your lifestyle, and schedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X