X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I BIG CHOPPED! Now what?

no one really was supportive of my decision & no one came with me to get it cut, but I caved in & asked myself "what am I waiting for? what am I scared of?" & when I realized that the answer was nothing, I called up my ex-neighbor & she chopped! I still have some straight ends in the front, but I'll get those later. she gave me some twisties that I hate, so I'm taking them down as I type lol pictures coming soon. does anyone have any advice to what I should do with my new twa?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using CurlyNikki App

Hey!! *waves*

I just BCed on Saturday and I too am rocking a TWA.

My advice would be work on building your hair's moisture. I didn't get product happy like most ppl do when they BC and I bought just are things to try based on months of research and I came up with a pretty simple routine.i can't really tell if it's working or not, as it's only been 3 days but my hasn't been hard like it was the very first day. Therefore, I must be doing something right 😊.

💗Sent from my 📱using CurlyNikki💚

💆BC: 7/28/12 Natural and Free
    Last Relaxer: March 2012 😝
    I'm ME!!

Comment

Originally posted by GaishaGirl View Post
      Hey!! *waves*

I just BCed on Saturday and I too am rocking a TWA.

My advice would be work on building your hair's moisture. I didn't get product happy like most ppl do when they BC and I bought just are things to try based on months of research and I came up with a pretty simple routine.i can't really tell if it's working or not, as it's only been 3 days but my hasn't been hard like it was the very first day. Therefore, I must be doing something right 😊.

hey! I guess we can go through this thing together! & I'm so proud of myself, I smiled all through the chopping & I feel so free like a 500 pound weight has been lifted off my shoulders. best decision I ever made

Comment

I felt the same way! I has my friend make a video and I noticed I was smiling and laughing the whole time!

So what are you doing to your hair now?

I'm ME!!

Comment

Hey ladies, congrats on ur bc. I suggest u check out the thread " What to expect after the bc". It has ton of great tips n guidence to help with ur new do's. Hth.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
          *Fortune Favors the BOLD*

Comment

I felt the same way! I has my friend make a video and I noticed I was smiling and laughing the whole time!

So what are you doing to your hair now?

the lady put SOOOO much product in my hair. it was so nasty and oily, so I just washed it out. my sister asked "it looks like you have shampoo in your hair" cus there was so much stuff in it -_- but now I'm letting it air dry, wbu?

Comment

Originally posted by BMath001 View Post
              Hey ladies, congrats on ur bc. I suggest u check out the thread " What to expect after the bc". It has ton of great tips n guidence to help with ur new do's. Hth.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
              thanks! checking it out now

Comment

Originally posted by Lawren View Post
                the lady put SOOOO much product in my hair. it was so nasty and oily, so I just washed it out. my sister asked "it looks like you have shampoo in your hair" cus there was so much stuff in it -_- but now I'm letting it air dry, wbu?

The lady only put a leave in and pomade in my hair but after a few hours it got super hard.

Now, I simply co-wash, baggy, and do the LOC method. I'm still struggling with curl definition but I think the moisture is there. My curls are showing up more than they did when I first BCed.

I'm ME!!

Comment

I did it! I big chop last night! I originally planned to transition, but my heat damaged hair was too damaged. I just decided to cut it off now and work with what I have. I hair regime has been a modified curly girl/tightly curly. It works so far. Wish me luck!

Comment

The lady only put a leave in and pomade in my hair but after a few hours it got super hard.

Now, I simply co-wash, baggy, and do the LOC method. I'm still struggling with curl definition but I think the moisture is there. My curls are showing up more than they did when I first BCed.

okay my problem is moisture right now, so I might do that too

Comment

Originally posted by JoCrews View Post
                      I did it! I big chop last night! I originally planned to transition, but my heat damaged hair was too damaged. I just decided to cut it off now and work with what I have. I hair regime has been a modified curly girl/tightly curly. It works so far. Wish me luck!
                      congrats! you made the right decision

Comment

Now....you hug yourself...CONGRATULATIONS! Then you check your products somethings will no longer work for "she who has yet to be named", get some 14n1...works for everyone. A curl activator works. On short hair too. Realize that hair is gonna grow...doesn't matter what product you use, just keep it moisturized and also realize moisture doesn't have to be greasy. Some folks think that greasing their scalp adds moisture but if there's no water in the. Product...or in your hair...its just adding grease. Grease only holds moisture in...the moisture has to be there first so look for product that have water in them...growth comes from within...so buy these must have products: a good multivite, and biotin...in the highest concentration you can handle. Drink much more water.
                        Make sure your shampoo is sls free...better yet, try a shampoo bar. I'm so in love with them right now....I've missed suds and they are gentle. If cowashing, cleanse n mend is a good brand. CurlyNikki....you are already aware....great folks on here.

Finally...this rule can not be ignored: enjoy it! Notice your cheekbones, your eyes, the features that make you striking.

Originally posted by Lawren View Post
                        no one really was supportive of my decision & no one came with me to get it cut, but I caved in & asked myself "what am I waiting for? what am I scared of?" & when I realized that the answer was nothing, I called up my ex-neighbor & she chopped! I still have some straight ends in the front, but I'll get those later. she gave me some twisties that I hate, so I'm taking them down as I type lol pictures coming soon. does anyone have any advice to what I should do with my new twa?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
                        peepla
                        http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com
                        ~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
                        :: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

Comment

Pomades are to hold it down, gels are to freeze it in place. Both will equate to stiff or hard, add crunchy for gel. You don't need that stuff yet. If your hair isn't hanging in your eyes or flat out misbehaving...don't worry about it. A moisturizer is all you need for now. Let your curl. Pattern be free cuz when its long enough to hang...pattern may change.

peepla

Comment

Congrats ladies on your bc. I did mine jul 14 and im loving it! Moisture is definitely the key. Right now im doing the terressentials detox and my curls are really popping and my hair feels good! Its such a freeing feeling to be able to wash my hair whenever and not be afraid of the rain lol.

Comment

Congrats to both of you....seems you are bcbff's so take good care of each other and support each other like your real life bffs didn't.

peepla

Comment

Working...
                              X