X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twa hair texture and maintenance

Hello all! I trying to figure out my texture and how to maintain this dry twa. I follow curly girl method, and nothing seems to work. I know i have scab hair, mostly in the fron from relaxing every month, but it just never seems to go away! I bigged chopped 2 weeks ago, and i transitioned for 6 months. Any clue on whats going on and maybe my hair texture? I think im in the 4a category. Thanks!
    Wet hair no product Dry hair with product

I am having the same issue with dryness. I have read that it is normal. I am almost two months post and what has been helping me is a light mist of distilled water (I wait a few min for my hair to soften up, then....), a small amount of leave in, and sealing with oil. As far as your hair type, I am struggling with figuring out my own lol.

Comment

Hi Terah,
      Until all the scab hair is gone, you won't be able to know what your texture is. Most important though is POROSITY. Knowing your hair's porosity will guide you with what products work best for your hair. Unfortunately, you won't be able to tell this either until all the scab hair has gone away.

Google "natural hair porosity test" and there is tons of info out there about how to figure it out and which products work best.

Comment

Thank you for the responses! I think I finally found a regimen! Thank God I did, because I was so close to chopping it off again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by terahmrtnz View Post
          Thank you for the responses! I think I finally found a regimen! Thank God I did, because I was so close to chopping it off again lol.
          What's your regimen?

Comment

What is scab hair.. I might have that... I just big chopped again since November of 2014.... It's falls out in patches. It's terribly dry and I guess I have to find a regimen again..

Comment

you'd have to wait for your entire hair to fully grow out so you can fully access your hair texture and porosity. check out this post on hair typing 101.
              http://www.coilsandglory.com/naturalhairtype
              Adeola
              "http://www.coilsandglory.com" www.instagram.com/coilsandglory
              www.facebook.com/coilsandglory
              www.twitter.com/coilsandglory

Comment

Try deep conditioning with a good moisturizing conditioner. If you find yourself having extra time, use a conditioning bag to moisturize your hair at least once or twice a week. No matter what your true texture is relaxers dry your hair and the weather can be just as damaging if not worse. Find time to bag your hair. Hope this helps.

Comment

WHAT IS SCAB HAIR???? I have never heard of that.

Comment

I think scab hair is from the scalp, like its diff from dandruff, i think its more medical related.

Comment

Working...
                    X