Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should my daughter get her first hair trim??

Hello Ladies,

I have a 4 year old daughter who's been natural since birth, so far I'm learning what her likes but now I begin to notice that her ends are thin and ratched so my next question is should I trim it, how often and how??

Thanks

mrswilliams

My daughter is 3 1/2 yrs old, and I just trimmed her hair for the first time. See my post http://caramelcurlz.blogspot.com/2012/11/ms-brees-first-trim.html

There is really not a time set on stone as to when a child should get a trim. It all depends on her hair. If you think her ends are damaged, etc. then maybe it is time to trim it.

I trimmed my daughter's hair myself... it is very easy! or you can take her to a professional, but remember you are only looking to trim the ends, and Im more than sure you can probably do it yourself!!

After trimming may I recommend a deep conditioner to give her hair more strength.

Elena
    Caramel Curlz & Swirls
    www.caramelcurlz.blogspot.com

Comment

I took my daughter for her first trim around 3.5. I took her to a professional so I could watch (I don't have curly hair so I wanted to see it done) and from then on I've done it myself. I trim 3-4 times a year, just a light dusting of the ends.

Comment

I just trimmed my DDs hair last month. I just felt it was time...too many single strain knots from Afros puffs and other styles. Plus she was crying every time I combed it...which makes sense bc the comb was getting caught in these knots. I guess there's no spec time frame
        Natural since Sept 2010 (July if count the two perms I sweated out in the Houston heat)

International and natural.....Inter-N-A-T-U-R -A-L

****One Day*****

Comment

I also wanted to know the answer to this question. Also did you all straighten your daughter's curly hair before trimming?

Comment

Working...
          X