X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regimens for kids

Hi everyone, I wanted to start up a regimens for my daughters. What are some of your regimens with your kid/kids?

Hot oil treatment with coconut and olive oil or castor oil
    Cowash- Tressemme naturals
    Aloe Vera gel soak - about 5 min or so...the organic AVG...the kind you drink
    And then a final cowash with either Tressemme naturals or hello hydration. Coconut milk

Sometimes I leave the conditioner in or only rinse out 1/2.
    Apply leave in if I hadn't already.
    Apply oil to seal.
    Then a butter (I mix myself)
    And then style with Eco styler gel

Comment

we have a routine that includes washing, co-washing, deep conditioning..

You can see our routine and the products we use at our blog. www.caramelcurlz.blogspot.com
      Elena
      Caramel Curlz & Swirls
      www.caramelcurlz.blogspot.com

Comment

Comment

We cowash every 2 wks. Wash with sulfate free shampoo if I see build up. We dc every wash day.

Hair is usually in protective styles. We moisturize every other day using the loc method. I have videos on my YouTube channel DiscoveringNatural. All hair styles are on my blog DiscoveringNatural.com

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transitioned for 1 year and 17 days (11/2011 - 12/2012)
          Big Chopped on 11/17/2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          My full regimen: http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/p/my-hair-regimen.html

Blog: http://discoveringnatural.com

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveringNatural

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoveringNatural

Follow me on Twitter @ DiscoveringNatural

and on Instagram: http://instagram.com/DiscoveringNatural

Comment

Shampoo every 2-3 weeks (depending on what style she has had in) Pre-poo with coconut oil for 1/2-1hr before shampooing. Condition and detangle. Moisturize then style.

If she isn't wearing a protective style then I co-wash every 2-3 days, oil, and then put hair in braids for the night. In the morning, detangle, moisturize and go.

For protective styles, I use a spray moisturizer each morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan1 View Post
              Shampoo every 2-3 weeks (depending on what style she has had in) Pre-poo with coconut oil for 1/2-1hr before shampooing. Condition and detangle. Moisturize then style.

If she isn't wearing a protective style then I co-wash every 2-3 days, oil, and then put hair in braids for the night. In the morning, detangle, moisturize and go.

For protective styles, I use a spray moisturizer each morning.
              What kind of spray moisturizer do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by sawah View Post
                We cowash every 2 wks. Wash with sulfate free shampoo if I see build up. We dc every wash day.

Hair is usually in protective styles. We moisturize every other day using the loc method. I have videos on my YouTube channel DiscoveringNatural. All hair styles are on my blog DiscoveringNatural.com

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
                What's the loc method?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseynatural10 View Post
                  What's the loc method?
                  The LOC method is
                  Liquid
                  Oil
                  Cream or butter

I personally use leave in conditioner, oil, and Shea butter mix.

Comment

Instead of using shampoo, I have started to clarify with apple cider vinegar. I have a spray bottle mixed with water and ACV. Works very well!

Comment

I cowash my daughters hair weekly since i usually keep it n braids. I shampoo every other week because of the styling products i use. She's 2 and that's about all she will let me do as far as her regimen goes. She hates getting her hair washed.

Just washed and bunned it.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using CurlyNikki App
                      Attached Files

Comment

I created a regimen for my daughter Lady N, to ensure she is getting a good balance of things her hair needs. Each week I have a different treatment for her hair.

Week 1: Pre-poo Oil Treatment.

Week 2: Deep Condition.

Week 3: Protein Treatment.

Week 4: Clarify.
                        sigpicChildren's Hair Care Blog

http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com

Comment

I part her hair in 4 sections, apply olive oil & conditioner to each section then braid. Leave in plastic cap for 1 hour then rinse with braids in. As I rinse I massage her scalp. Take down each section & blow dry lightly. Her stepmom braids it for me. Result is soft, moisturized & manageable hair! Attachment
                          Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to say that's about once a month that I take her braids down.

Comment

My daughter has thick 4b/c hair and we wash her hair once a week with a sulfate free shampoo, deep conditioner, apply leave in conditioner, oil then briad down with a shea butter/royal crown mix.

Once a month we do a brahmi infused hot oil treatment to help control her seborrhea ,wash with suflate free shampoo, mini henna treatment, deep condition, leave in, oil and then braid with shea butter/ royal crown mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X