Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honny, it sounds like you are making great progress. I'm going through one of those awkward stages at the moment. That odd time when all the hair has outgrown the small area that had fallen out a while back! AWK. So yes, I have hair but that one spot is not long enough to even up, yet. I'm tempted to chop.
    come celebrate
    with me that everyday
    something has tried to kill me
    and has failed
    ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

• Happy Thursday Curlies! Yes Honny it does sound like you are making great progress! Poetic I did as you suggested for posting pics and two weeks later not one response

It's getting close to the holidays, does anyone have any plans?

I'm hoping my boys come home for Christmas.

Comment

• Happy Saturday curlies! Can you believe it's November? I'm still remembering my virtual trip to the iTunes store on Christmas day.

My sister-in-law is coming over for Thanksgiving, so that ruins my plans to go to my parents'. Her son was the one who was killed a few months back, so she needs a break.
        Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Hi Curlies! Well its November and yes we are still in Ohio!! It's okay though because we're slowly but surely losing our thinking this was "home" which makes moving even more exciting. Unfortunately we lost our dog last week after 14 years. The house is truly empty now and so vacant. There's no sound and 2 people in a 2700 sq ft house on 1/2 acre is crazy. I am truly looking forward to our journey. No bites yet but we're still hopeful. We painted this weekend and boy was that hard work!

No plans for the holidays hoping we can have Thanksgiving here one last time. Hope all is well with all of you.
          Last Relaxer 12/31/10
          Big Chop 7/2011
          2013 Crown and Hairline Thinning
          Triumphed over Nape Baldness almost 2" in 4 mos

My Blog - Natural Hair At Its Finest
          YouTube Channel - Natural Hair At Its Finest

Comment

• Oh Lainey! I am so sorry about your dog! That is a hurting feeling.
            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Hello, I'm new here and need help. At the behest of my cousin, I decided to transition to natural hair. I am six months post relaxer and committed by way of BC yesterday. To my consternation, there is no discernible curl pattern. I have 3b on my edges, in the front (til about bang part) and in the nape. In the back, I have some small coils that have succumbed to shrinkage. However, on the top of my head I have two-inch hair that is standing straight up after washing, conditioner, leave-in, curl enhancer and gel. I can run a fine-toothed comb through this hair, but it doesn't take any shape. Of all the research I did in the six months before my BC, I did not run across anyone with this sort of non-texture, texture. So, two questions:

1) Does it take awhile before curls start showing up? (I have spent over $100 in product looking for the right thing/combo)

2) Does anyone have a similar texture? Did it change as it grew?

By the way, I protective styled since my relaxer and don't have any heat damage. Any product recommendations would be welcome. Please help me. Thanks!

Comment

• First Texture and Curl Pattern really are not the same thing, although many people claim differently. Your texture can be medium, course, or fine. The curl pattern may be described as straight(having no curl) to kinky. Most people with curly hair have a mixture of curl patterns, so you may have some straight hair and some curly hair on your head, that is normal. What is also, normal is to have some hair that is too dry to curl when you first cut it off, over time it will curl if you keep your hair moisturized, used good conditioners, and add some protein treatments to your routine. I used GPB shampoo and conditioner by Aubery to get my protein and moisture levels up, so my hair would curl when I first cut it. It took about two months of treatment to see results, but that depends upon how often you wash your hair.
                come celebrate
                with me that everyday
                something has tried to kill me
                and has failed
                ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

• MissLed
                  MissLed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you, PoeticCurls. That was very helpful. I did deep condition it for several hours yesterday and got a better result. I think my hair was just very dry from wearing the protective style for so long. I appreciate the response. I've been vacillating between coloring it or putting in a protective style again, but I guess I'll just give it some time.

• Wow, I just saw that I have not been on here since April! I hope all is well with everyone and I have missed you all! Glad to be back.
                Naturally Me DB

Comment

• Yup i saw many persons who have curly hair naturally

Comment

• Bam Bam, see what happens when you leave us!
                    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• I agree with Poetic MissLed, sometimes the hair is in "shock" after BC. it takes time and patience. And in my opinion learning to love what is growing out if your head . It was a journey for me to get there but I am quite pleased finally with "my" hair and all her quirks . Goodluck!!
                      Last Relaxer 12/31/10
                      Big Chop 7/2011
                      2013 Crown and Hairline Thinning
                      Triumphed over Nape Baldness almost 2" in 4 mos

My Blog - Natural Hair At Its Finest
                      YouTube Channel - Natural Hair At Its Finest

Comment

• Happy Tuesday curlies!

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year since my sister-in-law is coming to visit. This is my first time hosting Thanksgiving AND working. My Mom has it down to a science, but I'm taking a few short cuts.

The first short cut is the dressing. I made it from scratch the last time. This time, I'm using Pepperidge Farms. The market didn't have any, so I picked up Arnold's instead. Arnold's is a local bakery.

I browned 3 ounces of sausage meat and sauteed celery and onions in the fat. I added 3/4 cups of unsalted stock and brought it to a boil. Turned the stove off and added 1/2 bag of dressing.

It was beyond salty. I use sausage to season eggs and veggies, so I know that wasn't the culprit. The stock was unsalted. It had to be the stuffing cubes.

It was also dry, as in not moist.
                        Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Happy Saturday curlies!
                          Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
                            I got the job. I'm too relieved, blessed, excited to say more.
                            Two years curlies! Thank you again for all of your support over the years!

I hope this shows up on the right page.

Happy Thanksgiving!
                            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Working...
                            X