Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often should I moisturize and seal my natural hair?

Im trying to grow out my hair and I have a small bush right now. Im using cantu leave in once or twice a day

and I also have some olive oil cream which I belive I can use instead of the leave in some days, correct me if Im wrong

Im sealing it with JBCO:

Now my main questions are, how often should I moisturize? Do I need to add sealant (JBCO) everytime I moisturize? and should I use the olive oil cream at all? because that makes my hair dry much quicker, like a few hours into the day and Im not sure if I need to add more or not.

I also have olive oil from hollywood beauty
    and Im not too sure whether to use this as a sealant or on my scalp.

any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Dr_acula; 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM.

I use a leave in and moisturize daily but that is b/c I co-wash daily and only shampoo every 2 weeks followed by a deep conditioner.. After I moisturize I seal because that is what keeps the moisture locked in. I would use the olive oil you have as a sealer that's just my opinion So, this is my daily routine I co-wash and detangle, use a t-shirt to get rid of excess water when i'm done, spray in my leave-in, moisturize and then I seal. My hair stays moisturized all day. You have to find what works best for you!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlyNikki App
    Last edited by NaturalKimberly; 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM.
    BeautifullyBlessed

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalKimberly View Post
      I use a leave in and moisturize daily but that is b/c I co-wash daily and only shampoo every 2 weeks followed by a deep conditioner.. After I moisturize I seal because that is what keeps the moisture locked in. I would use the olive oil you have as a sealer that's just my opinion So, this is my daily routine I co-wash and detangle, use a t-shirt to get rid of excess water when i'm done, spray in my leave-in, moisturize and then I seal. My hair stays moisturized all day. You have to find what works best for you!

Do you recommend using my leave in, then the olive oil cream I been using over top of it, or should I just literally mix the 2 together? Both My moisturizer and leave in arent liquid, moisturizer its a thick cream and leave in is a watery cream so that might be the problem. At least with the moisturizer.

Comment

Both of the products are thick so you might not to use both of them. Every time I cowash I apply my leave in. I don't seal my hair with any oil.

How is your hair reacting to what you are doing to it?

Comment

The leave in and castor oil seems to work, the olive oil cream starts to dry my hair out over time though. Would a liquid moisturizer work better than the creams?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I use a liquid moisturizer and every now and then I will seal with a cream.

Comment

If its trying your hair out then stop using it.

Comment

OK I was under the impression that sealants were only oils. What cream do you use and why? Also what is a good liquid moisturizer?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I believe any cream/hair lotion without water will seal. They will often contain oils in the ingredient list, but should not have water. Butters like SHEA work as sealants also.

I'm using Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Cream, so far so good!
                  Last perm: April 2, 2012 Long-Term Transitioning
                  Wiry texture Coarse strands Normal porosity Normal elasticity High density

Rhassoul clay Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
                  Komaza Califia Moisturizing Cream Oils Hydrolyzed protein
                  Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

Originally posted by Tania View Post
                    I believe any cream/hair lotion without water will seal. They will often contain oils in the ingredient list, but should not have water. Butters like SHEA work as sealants also.

I'm using Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Cream, so far so good!
                    Shea butter or oil is usually what I seal with.

BeautifullyBlessed

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny_Gabby View Post
                      I use a liquid moisturizer and every now and then I will seal with a cream.
                      Tiny I did not know you can seal with cream. Think i'm going to try it..

BeautifullyBlessed

Comment

I use keracare natural textures hair butter. When some people use the LOC method it's just too much and completely unnecessary. Again for some people it is as for others it isn't. I have fine thin strands that don't need all of that. I apply my KCNT leave in and then my butter and call it a day. I don't like using oils on my hair simply because I wear wng often and the oils don't soak I to my hair fast enough. When I use a cream my hair dries much faster and has more definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny_Gabby View Post
                          I use keracare natural textures hair butter. When some people use the LOC method it's just too much and completely unnecessary. Again for some people it is as for others it isn't. I have fine thin strands that don't need all of that. I apply my KCNT leave in and then my butter and call it a day. I don't like using oils on my hair simply because I wear wng often and the oils don't soak I to my hair fast enough. When I use a cream my hair dries much faster and has more definition.
                          What creams/butters do you use? I have fine strands also and I'm completely lost on sealing.

Comment

Working...
                          X