Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally hit a new hair phase....and now I need help!

Hey ladies! Its been a year since my BC and I am just coming to terms with the fact that my hair is no longer in the twa phase; yay! Unfortunately, along with finally hitting the not-so twa phase, comes the realization that my tried and trusted hair care techniques are not working quite as well as they used to.

One of my major frustrations that has me losing my mind is the fact that my hair gets all knotted up so easily now! Since I still have a pretty serious care of HIH, I feel the knots in my hair everyday, and I really have to fight the urge(and im terrible at fighting that urge) to rip the knots right out.

Ladies who have been there and done that, what techniques helped keep the knots at bay? I am just learning to section my hair when I wash it, but what else can I do? At this point, I almost just want to chop it all off, but I know that is not the real solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you talking about knots as in tangles throughout your hair? Or more so single strand knots?

Curls. Kinks. Coils. Natural.

Comment

Knots as in tangles throughout my hair...

Comment

I am having the same problem!!! I BC'd a year ago and my hair is really curly so the single strand knots have a field day!!!!!

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Silicones

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Sorry--i hit submit before I was done.

Anyway, I have started using HEHH for washing/conditioning, which makes detangling so easy. I also use a silicone serum in my DT and for when u do wash and go's. Also, co-washing with Tressame Naturals also is great for tackling tangles...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by ClassyBlackWoman View Post
              Silicones
              +1 on silicone serums!
              Wen...nothing else!

Comment

As your hair grows its needs tend to grow with it. You may need to change your products. Maybe more stretched styles. Finger coils and mini twists

Comment

Thank you ladies. I think I need to go back to my Biosilk. I attempted a stretched style today and it came out like this:Attachment
                  Not really liking it, but I didn't encounter a ton of knots like I usually do when I'm styling, so I guess that's a start......
                  Attached Files

Comment

I used to use bio silk when I straightened my hair. I think the style looks cute. Better then anything I ever did at that stage. I just kept doing wng

Comment

There are tons of ways to keep the knots at bay (epic rhyming &#128515

Wash hair in twists/sections. Untwist and lightly rub the hair while holding the hair taut in the other hand.

Use castor oil as part of your pre poo mix.

Wash with bentonite clay, as it is very gentle and heavy, which detangles the hair on its own. I love to use this when am simply too lazy to detangle before wash.

You can use herbal essence hello hydration or jessicurl weekly deep conditioning treatment which literally melts away the tangles.

Make sure to keep ends moisturized with water. Dry hair tangles. Seal with your favorite oil. I like to use varika oil.
                      my fav products:
                      evco, evoo, macademia nut oil, castor oil, aloe vera gel, water, shea butter

DaJewel's 4 Type Hair Journey to wl by Dec 12, 2012

"come look at my computer. is sumn wrong. is got ah apple in it. it is bit out of." has me dwl everytime!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X