X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairfinity vs. Biotin

I am 4 months post relaxer👏👏👏, & I'm looking into hair supplements to help through my transition. Please post your experience's with hair supplements, growths, advice etc. thanks in advance

Hoping people will respond. I'm still looking for the right supplements. I've tried Phytophanere and that did nothing. It was just an expensive vitamin ($50!!!) I'm currently using Be-Beautiful from GNC for $25. Its making my skin look great but don't know much about my hair. I'm just trying to finish my box because its 6 pills a day!! But its specifically for skin and nails but supposedly for hair too. My dermatologist recommended Appearex. Idk....still looking. Also, i'm eating healthier and drinking more water and wearing protective styles.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
    Visit me at black-n-natural.blogspot.com
    Society Is Not Allowed

Comment

Originally posted by haishunbeauty View Post
      Hoping people will respond. I'm still looking for the right supplements. I've tried Phytophanere and that did nothing. It was just an expensive vitamin ($50!!!) I'm currently using Be-Beautiful from GNC for $25. Its making my skin look great but don't know much about my hair. I'm just trying to finish my box because its 6 pills a day!! But its specifically for skin and nails but supposedly for hair too. My dermatologist recommended Appearex. Idk....still looking. Also, i'm eating healthier and drinking more water and wearing protective styles.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
      Go to HealthyHairplus.com. They have a supplement for growing healthy hair. It's called Nourish hair vitamins. I just ordered them myself, I currently just take Multivitamin and a biotin supplement, but I wanted to try this along with them. I have heard great things. I have the Profolla growth shampoo & conditioner, & Follicle stimulator as well from them I love it so far. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jojodancer34 View Post
        Go to HealthyHairplus.com. They have a supplement for growing healthy hair. It's called Nourish hair vitamins. I just ordered them myself, I currently just take Multivitamin and a biotin supplement, but I wanted to try this along with them. I have heard great things. I have the Profolla growth shampoo & conditioner, & Follicle stimulator as well from them I love it so far. I hope this helps.
        Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. However, I looked at the ingredients and theres not much biotin in them. I'm only concerned because that would be the only form of supplements I would take. I was thinking of using Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails. Has anyone tried using them?
        Visit me at black-n-natural.blogspot.com
        Society Is Not Allowed

Comment

Originally posted by haishunbeauty View Post
          Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. However, I looked at the ingredients and theres not much biotin in them. I'm only concerned because that would be the only form of supplements I would take. I was thinking of using Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails. Has anyone tried using them?
          You are right that's why I will still take my biotin supplements as well.

Comment

How much Biotin do you take per day?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I take Spring Valley Biotin from Walmart. It's growing my nails and I'm thinking my hair too. But I also use JBCO and exercise, and eat well.

Discovering Natural
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transitioned for 1 year and 17 days (11/2011 - 12/2012)
              Big Chopped on 11/17/2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              My full regimen: http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/p/my-hair-regimen.html

Blog: http://discoveringnatural.com

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveringNatural

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoveringNatural

Follow me on Twitter @ DiscoveringNatural

and on Instagram: http://instagram.com/DiscoveringNatural

Comment

I have been taking Spring Valley 120 mcg Biotin for 70 days now. Purchased at Walmart for approximately $6. I take it in conjunction with vitamin E and so far I'm not 100% sure but I think it has been helping with my hair growth. I'm 8 months into my transition and I have about 5 inches or so of growth. I know for a fact that it has been helping with my nail and eyelash growth LOL. I always had short and curly lashes and now I can see some growth. I stopped taking it for maybe 2 wks bc I started a birth control and was worried about all these meds working my liver and I noticed my nails started to chip and crack more. Possibly because I was polishing them more often as well. But so far I'm happy and even if it's not the biotin helping with my growth I think my brain is kinda stuck on the idea so I'll take it for a couple more months.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitnessforlife View Post
                  How much Biotin do you take per day?

I take 5000mcgs of Biotin.

Comment

Ok, I started takin the 5000mcg biotin Feb 20th...i really cant say if my hair on my HEAD is growing but my underarm is... I shave twice a week now verses once a week before! My nails are gorgeous and now tht I think about it, my lashes are lookin rather sexier. I drink half my weight in water plus some, I work out every single day, and I try to eat a healthy diet. I started my journey March 2011... Ive been natural for about 20 yrs but I rocked a bald fade. I jus got the balls to let it grow last March. Im having a blast! Ive grown about 5 inches since March.

Comment

Working...
                    X