Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Talk: Why did you go relaxer free?

I did for many reasons....
    I love curly hair, I love straight hair, I love big hair! Now I have it all!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Well it started out as just wanting to grow my hair longer. But I always secretly hated the extra silky flat look and would hate how my hair looked right after a perm. I love big hair!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Its the only thing I hadnt tried with my hair. *shrug* No story, revelation, or bad experience lol.
      "Real hair, real nails, and real eyes bring real guys." -Common
      OfficialVenusVsMars on IG
      @PerfectlyHood on Twitter!
      http://www.nyenzo.com

Venus vs Mars Blog on Facebook! Make sure to like the page!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Venus-...57562550954275

Comment

Relaxers never last in my hair and I mostly wore braid extensions any way. I did dreads first but my hair resisted those too.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App
        Tightly coiled 4a TWA
        CW: GTTTT
        S: EVOO&EVCO

Comment

After suffering from dandruff and itchy scalp I finally went to my dermatologist who told me not to perm my hair for a year to see if the perm was causing the scalp irratation... almost 1 year relaxer free, 4 1/2 months BC'ed... I LOVE IT!!! The best darn thing I could've done my scalp feels so free and my 4C hair is growing healthy! The great white crack will never see this head again!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App
          "Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live"

Comment

The worst for me was that my hair was bone straight are relaxer but hard to comb at two month mark...and looked thin with lil body but not at as bad some folks with two to six long stands of lace see thru hair...plus it never grew longer than cl before I'd have split ends and have to trim it to make it even.
            Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

i did it because im military and i move around alot. i hated looking for a new stylist every coouple of months and its to expensive for relaxers and weaves overseas. i was spending like 150 just for a relaxer and to add may 3 or 4 tracks to my hair for volume when back at home it would have been only 50. and dont get me started on how expensive hair is. so....thats why i did. and it was the best decision of my life. i never thought i wold be this in love with my hair as i am now.
              <3 <3 Follow Me <3 <3

facebook--- my adeola
              instagram----Adeola334

Comment

Hair breakage. Was about to be bald in the top.
                sigpic
                Big Chop: 8/13/2010, Signature Style: Twist Out, Goal: APL curlsStaples:
                D.C. - DB Deep Condish Mask & AO GBP Condish
                Poo - Afroveda Carrot Bar, Leave-In - Oyin Honey Hemp & Giovanni Direct
                Oil - Jojoba, Detangler/Refresher - DB Herbal Leave-In Spritz
                Stylers - Original Moxie Hair Bling, Original Moxie Just Gel, Oyin Burnt Sugar, SM Thickening Growth Milk, Afroveda Curl Define

Phena is fine and thin in some places and of medium density in others. 4a, 4b & 3c, high porosity.

Comment

The breakage, shedding, dandruff, chemical burns and also it was to the point to where the relaxers wouldn't take so I would be wasting money. I am so happy to be free!!!! I love my big curly hair!!!!

Sent from my  using CurlyNikki

Comment

I always wanted to but was always scared. I started doin research bcuz of my daughter & decided to go ahead & bc. I'm glad I did it tho.

Comment

I wanted to work out more. My hair was always my excuse for not going to the gym.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Honestly I just got bored with pin straight hair. I wanted the versatility of natural hair that could be curly or straight. Plus with a relaxer my hair would only grow to a little below collar bone length and I want my hair at least mid back length like it was when I was little, pre relaxer.

Sent from my ipod touch using CurlyNikki

Comment

Well for me, I got bored with the locs I had for about 10 years. I wanted to my hair to be loose and free but didnt want to start off with the BIG CHOP! So what I did was comb out my locs. And I'm now in my 3rd month of being natural and I love it

Comment

I started to wonder how my natural hair looked/felt. I got a relaxer in the 8th grade after much protest to my mom. Got braids my 1st semester in college and decided new growth might not be such a bad thing!

Sent from my Ally using CurlyNikki App

Comment

My daughters were my motivation. They are 9 & 10 and go to school with girls with straight hair. I wanted them to love their hair. Couldn't do that if my hair was relaxed.

Comment

Working...
                              X