X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio, TX

I am getting ready to be in San Antonio, TX for a while. Does anyone know of any natural hair salons that they would recommend?

Mane N Glory, Artistic Rootz, and Harmoni Salon are pretty popular with the local naturals out here.

Are you coming via military?
    Instagram: @curly_fleur

Comment

Ditto what fleur said, but also Juliette at Sublime Hair Salon (6634 Binz Engleman, Converse, 78109); 210.661.6601.

I had a consultation with her for a flat iron and trim, but I was unable to keep the appointment due to a family emergency. I recommend her because of all the "natural" stylists I've spoken to, when I mentioned that I henna my hair, she knew exactly what it was and some of the pros and cons of having henna'd hair when it comes to conditioning, hair coloring, as well as flat ironing. She actually put her hand in my hair (with my permission, of course) and felt my texture and asked me questions regarding my hair texture ... Basically, girlfriend knew her stuff. So, I'm sold! Now, I just need the time, money, and occasion to have it done! HTH

~NeeC1
      No one should work harder FOR you ... THAN you. Self-reliability - get you some!

Comment

What are you looking to get done to your hair? Flat iron? Creating a style with your natural texture? regular wash and trims?

Comment

Originally posted by fleur View Post
          Mane N Glory, Artistic Rootz, and Harmoni Salon are pretty popular with the local naturals out here.

Are you coming via military?
          Thank you and yes I am coming for training.

Comment

Originally posted by NeeC1 View Post
            Ditto what fleur said, but also Juliette at Sublime Hair Salon (6634 Binz Engleman, Converse, 78109); 210.661.6601.

I had a consultation with her for a flat iron and trim, but I was unable to keep the appointment due to a family emergency. I recommend her because of all the "natural" stylists I've spoken to, when I mentioned that I henna my hair, she knew exactly what it was and some of the pros and cons of having henna'd hair when it comes to conditioning, hair coloring, as well as flat ironing. She actually put her hand in my hair (with my permission, of course) and felt my texture and asked me questions regarding my hair texture ... Basically, girlfriend knew her stuff. So, I'm sold! Now, I just need the time, money, and occasion to have it done! HTH

~NeeC1
            Ok. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by chass83 View Post
              What are you looking to get done to your hair? Flat iron? Creating a style with your natural texture? regular wash and trims?
              A trim and some flat twists

Comment

Oh ok. I recommend Harmoni Salon. I'm a regular there for trims, sew-ins, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chass83 View Post
                  Oh ok. I recommend Harmoni Salon. I'm a regular there for trims, sew-ins, etc.
                  I've heard good things about Harmoni Salon. One day, I'll visit there as well ...

~NeeC1
                  No one should work harder FOR you ... THAN you. Self-reliability - get you some!

Comment

All these places have good stylists. Just ask questions before you sit in the chair and you'll be fine, lol. I go to Mane N Glory. Kathy and Melvin are amazing.
                    Instagram: @curly_fleur

Comment

Working...
                    X