X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life After Dying Your Hair

So for the past few months I have been looking into dying my hair with Manic Panic. But I wanted to know about the type of maintenance needed after I dye it. Any tips and/or suggestions would be great.

Deep condish regularly, one a week is good .
    Your hair MAY be dry after .
    Mine wasnt, and i dye my hair excessively but everyone is different

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

You can do the semi permanent dyes which are only temporary and they are all natural with no damage. If u do permanent u will regret it! Trust me!
      The way to the top is Perserverance! 😌

Comment

The deep conditioning I have been doing now, and the dye I'm looking at is demi permanent

Comment

Originally posted by paul99
          You need to wash your hair properly after dying them no color should not be left in them, use a good shampoo which don't damage your hair.
          After shampooing your hair you need a good conditioner which suits your hair that will make your hair fresh and will make you safe from any damage.
          Avoid blow drying or electrical straightener.
          False .
          Depends on the type of color or color .
          Washing properly won't get all the color out, depends if its permanent, semi, or a rinse .
          A rinse will bleed EVERY time you wash

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

A demi permanent is a deposit only color, so you can only make it darker. This will not cause any damamge or dryness to your hair. What color are you trying to get and what color is your hair now?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I have permanent highlights in my fro. I've read that when washing your hair avoid "hot hair", that was in the Science of Black Hair. I deep condition weekly & make sure you keep your hair moisturized daily. I use Oyin Hair Dew & Naturalista's Juicy or Qhemet Alma & Olive Heavy Cream since my coils are a 4b/c.
              Having a love affair with my 4b/4c kinky curly coils

Last Relaxer: On my wedding day! July 30, 2011

Comment

Deep Condition every week and just keep your hair moisturized.....That is what works for me
                Last Relaxer: Sept. 2011
                Big Chop: Mar. 2012

Comment

I colored my hair with Manic Panic a few weeks ago and I believe the jar said it was Vegan. Its like a rinse so it fades because I cowash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App
                  Last Relaxer: July 2011
                  Big Chop: February 29, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by misskita View Post
                    A demi permanent is a deposit only color, so you can only make it darker. This will not cause any damamge or dryness to your hair. What color are you trying to get and what color is your hair now?
                    My hair is a really dark brown (looks black) and I'm thinking either the purple haze or the midnight blue from the Manic Panic collection

Comment

In order to get the true color of the dye your hair will need to be lightened. By putting either of these colors on your dark hair you will see little to no change. You will see a glimmer of color when you are in full sun, but thats about it. Do you have a picture of your hair and a picture of what you are trying to accomplish?

Originally posted by Itsrenee View Post
                      My hair is a really dark brown (looks black) and I'm thinking either the purple haze or the midnight blue from the Manic Panic collection

Comment

Working...
                      X