X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color didn't take

I colored my hair for the third time. I went from dark brown to chestnut blonde to dark brown and now I want to go red. The box color I got did not show up like I wanted and I'm against bleaching. I was just wondering how long do y'all suggest I wait before I try again...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using CurlyNikki App

*Bump*

Comment

Color does not lift color. Unfortunately, the only way to lighten hair is with bleach. I've bleached several times from dark to light (once a year) and I ALWAYS make sure I deep condition the week before and once a week going forward. With bleaching, don't leave it in any longer than 45 minutes and make sure your hair is in a healthy state before any more coloring. I'd say wait at least 3-4 weeks just in case. Boxed colors contain bleach in them, even some reds. Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks!! I have actually changed my mind for now... I'm not comfortable with the thought of bleach in my hair but I will just chill for a the winter and wait til spring to color again... And will probably sick with my staple color

Comment

Originally posted by NoFroSmushing View Post
          Color does not lift color. Unfortunately, the only way to lighten hair is with bleach. I've bleached several times from dark to light (once a year) and I ALWAYS make sure I deep condition the week before and once a week going forward. With bleaching, don't leave it in any longer than 45 minutes and make sure your hair is in a healthy state before any more coloring. I'd say wait at least 3-4 weeks just in case. Boxed colors contain bleach in them, even some reds. Hope that helps
          This is false .
          I lighten my hair without bleach . I havent used bleach since i was hmm 16/17 and i had almost bleach blonde hair without using bleach , but from a box dye .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

what box dye do you use? I lighten my hair with lemon juice & it takes way too long, so I'm looking for something quick because I need a lighter color to henna
            Originally posted by curlycris View Post
            This is false .
            I lighten my hair without bleach . I havent used bleach since i was hmm 16/17 and i had almost bleach blonde hair without using bleach , but from a box dye .

Sent from my SGH-T769 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Lawren View Post
              what box dye do you use? I lighten my hair with lemon juice & it takes way too long, so I'm looking for something quick because I need a lighter color to henna

Sent from my SGH-T769 using CurlyNikki App
              Hold on, im gathering pictures for youu all

Comment

This is clariol , flaming desire lifted from black hair . About 4 applications

Attached Files

Comment

This is honey blonde from dark and lovely about 3 applications

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Curlycris, I'm not sure what you did, but hair color does not lift color. Darknlovely has ammonia that will lift dark hair somewhat, but usually not a whole lot. Typically, to get desired results like the OP wanted you have to bleach your hair if it's a dark color to begin with. Also, some box dyes have bleach.

Comment

Ohh Cris!!This is the color I wanted I will have to try this!! How often did you have to retouch and what did you do to to counteract fading??

This is clariol , flaming desire lifted from black hair . About 4 applications

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky82 View Post
                          Curlycris, I'm not sure what you did, but hair color does not lift color. Darknlovely has ammonia that will lift dark hair somewhat, but usually not a whole lot. Typically, to get desired results like the OP wanted you have to bleach your hair if it's a dark color to begin with. Also, some box dyes have bleach.
                          Who told you this ?
                          All you do is dye your hair a solid color . I did natural black .
                          And then when you want more color you buy a box and apply it and then you rinse it and boom , new color . The more new color i put on , the lighter it got and thats how i got the blonde...
                          I dont understand how "color doesnt lift color"
                          Like you're saying box dye is only suppposed to work on virgin hair ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spunky23 View Post
                            Ohh Cris!!This is the color I wanted I will have to try this!! How often did you have to retouch and what did you do to to counteract fading??

Well it did fade sadly , the shampoo o used wasnt a color treated shampoo and it did eat at the color . I retouched every 3 months or so . The lightening is a process . Bleach is quick and easy lift but it did take a while . Im natural black again and i plan to start the lifting process again in feb, to get it a medium red by the springish .

And when you look at the box. Don't be afraid of the girl on.it... Lmao , shes kinda creep to me with that orange hair .

Theres a thread i posted in when i just did it.... Ill try to dig for it

Comment

Most of the chicks on box color look creepy anyway lol and okay
                              Well it did fade sadly , the shampoo o used wasnt a color treated shampoo and it did eat at the color . I retouched every 3 months or so . The lightening is a process . Bleach is quick and easy lift but it did take a while . Im natural black again and i plan to start the lifting process again in feb, to get it a medium red by the springish .

And when you look at the box. Don't be afraid of the girl on.it... Lmao , shes kinda creep to me with that orange hair .

Theres a thread i posted in when i just did it.... Ill try to dig for it

Comment

Working...
                              X