Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 hair challenge =)

Hi Ladies (and Gents)
    So December 13 marks my 2 year 100% naturalversary! Boy the time flies. I have learned alot in these 2yrs about trying to get my hair to grow faster, what products and remedies to use, how to get it super long blah blah blah. Though some of these methods have worked well in improving the overall health of my hair, the number 1 thing Ive taken in is that retention is kinda more imortant than speed. That being said I am inviting you all to join me in a challenge. I want to do a 6 month hair retention challege starting January 1st and I only ask 3 things...

1) Take your supplements
    2) Drink 64oz of water every day
    3) Keep a protective style atleast 5 days out of the week

Thats it...aside from obviously keeping your hair moisturized! My goal is to gain 4-6inches of hair in these 6 months, I will be taking one a day women and biotin, I have a 32oz vicky secrets water bottle, and my hair is currently in box braids which im going to try to keep redone for the next 2-3 months. IM SOOO EXCITED I am currently APL, I no longer have a specific length goal, just want to continue to grow! Gosh I love my hair.

Hope you all join!!!
    Last edited by CurlyRaye; 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM.

what if u have a TWA? Does the protective style still require us too?
    1 yr post relaxer ^-^
    1 yr post bc ^-^
    Last Relaxer: March 2nd, 2012!!
    BC: 10/12/12

Hair Goal:
    - SL: June of 2014
    - APL: Dec of 2014
    - BSL: December of 2015

http://tempobronze124.tumblr.com/

Motto: Leave the past where it is and move on to the future

Comment

Originally posted by TempoBronze124 View Post
      what if u have a TWA? Does the protective style still require us too?
      If you can find a protective style that works then go for it, if not cool beans as long as you don't manipulate your hair to much to lessen the chances of breakage!

Comment

I'm down to join I have yarn braids now and I'm cbl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I'm down to join the challenge I have yarn braids now and I'm cbl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I'll join. I just BC'ed in the beginning of Nov, so this is a great challenge for me to start. I have my hair in mini twist. Need to re-up on my biotin. Would like MBL hair by the end of 2015 but overall I just want healthy hair & growth.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlyNikki App
            Last edited by NappyCurlsTely; 12-08-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Yay! I'm glad you all are participating 😊 although the challenge does not officially start until January 1st, feel free to get a head start if you are ready. I would love to see a pic of everyone's hair before they begin. I attached one of my hair when I BCd to 23 months later and my hair currently in braids.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by CurlyRaye; 12-08-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

challengers welcome!

Comment

I'll join! I need something to keep me focused anyway
                  I'm cbl - sl length now (I have layers), and I'd like to reach apl sometime in 2013 (most likely my longest layer in the back, and for my other layers to be close to it).

I drink a lot of water already, the protective styling may be the challenge though, and remembering to take my vitamins Lol. But let's see what happens, why not right?

I'm in.
                  Natural since '09ish.
                  Officially natural since January 2010.
                  Reached CBL - *SL*.
                  University GRADUATE.

Hair Properties: 4a/b, fine strands, medium/high density.

Shampoo: Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo/ Henna Sooq Morrocan Clay Shampoo Bar;Conditioner: Cantu Naturals Masque/ Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise;Leave-in: KBB Sweet Ambrosia;Sealer/Styler: KBB Butter Love/ Oyin Sugar Berries Pomade

Comment

Idk about the full 6 months though haha!
                    Natural since '09ish.
                    Reached CBL - *SL*.
                    University GRADUATE.

Shampoo: Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo/ Henna Sooq Morrocan Clay Shampoo Bar;Conditioner: Cantu Naturals Masque/ Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise;Leave-in: KBB Sweet Ambrosia;Sealer/Styler: KBB Butter Love/ Oyin Sugar Berries Pomade

Comment

Actually now that I think about it, let me just take a few pointers from you guys and cheer on from the sidelines! Lol
                      Natural since '09ish.
                      Reached CBL - *SL*.
                      University GRADUATE.

Comment

Originally posted by thouarttheflyest View Post
                        Actually now that I think about it, let me just take a few pointers from you guys and cheer on from the sidelines! Lol
                        Aw come on, you can do it! Just throw your hair up in a bun, set a reminder on your phone, and you'll be good to go lol

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyRaye View Post
                          Aw come on, you can do it! Just throw your hair up in a bun, set a reminder on your phone, and you'll be good to go lol
                          Lol if only I could bun! Well I can do a low bun, but it can hurt more than help (if it's a sock bun). Hmmm...ok alright. I'll do it :P

But I need to come up with creative updos!
                          Natural since '09ish.
                          Reached CBL - *SL*.
                          University GRADUATE.

Comment

I want to join as we'll. I'll be 2 years post big chop Feb 2013. My goal is BSL but if I'm not there I'll be aiming to get there

Naturally Wonderful
                            Twitter: Ms_Everythingg
                            Blog: http://loveeunscripted.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyRaye View Post
                              Hi Ladies (and Gents)
                              So December 13 marks my 2 year 100% naturalversary! Boy the time flies. I have learned alot in these 2yrs about trying to get my hair to grow faster, what products and remedies to use, how to get it super long blah blah blah. Though some of these methods have worked well in improving the overall health of my hair, the number 1 thing Ive taken in is that retention is kinda more imortant than speed. That being said I am inviting you all to join me in a challenge. I want to do a 6 month hair retention challege starting January 1st and I only ask 3 things...

1) Take your supplements
                              2) Drink 64oz of water every day
                              3) Keep a protective style atleast 5 days out of the week

Thats it...aside from obviously keeping your hair moisturized! My goal is to gain 4-6inches of hair in these 6 months, I will be taking one a day women and biotin, I have a 32oz vicky secrets water bottle, and my hair is currently in box braids which im going to try to keep redone for the next 2-3 months. IM SOOO EXCITED I am currently APL, I no longer have a specific length goal, just want to continue to grow! Gosh I love my hair.

Hope you all join!!!
                              Can you join if you are transitioning still?

Comment

Working...
                              X