X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Month to Month Challenges

I found it easier to do this challenge on the Curly Nikki app instead of fb. Each month we will do a different challenge. Starting Oct 1 we will will measure our hair, do our regular routines & track our hair growth at the end of the month. Starting Nov 1 we will do a different challenge & compare results from our length check from Month 1 to Month 2 The challenges will change each month. It's a few of us who decided to do this month to month challenge but anyone is welcome to join.

Measurement for the 2nd month will be on Oct 31. The challenge for Nov will be to wear a protective style everyday and drink at least 64oz of water. You have 4 passes (days) to wear your hair however you like.

Challenge for January:
    -Deep Condition once a week (at least 1 hour)
    -Moisturize your hair at least 3-4 times a week or more using Shea butter or any product containing Shea butter.
    -Use a leave in at least 3-4 times a week or more

February's challenge:

Multivitamin
    Take Amino Acids (whey protein or folic acid)
    Protective Styling
    Hair Massages
    Increase water intake
    Last edited by Williams305; 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM.

On the other hand we can measure and post pics today. This months challenge will go from Oct 1- Oct 31. We will measure and post pics again on Oct 31 and start the next challenge on Nov 1.

Comment

Also on your pic post the date of your last relaxer (natural since) & the date of your bc

Comment

I think this is a good idea. I'll join. One month is about as long as I can go in a challenge so this works great!
        Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App
        God is Love!!!

Check out my blog: www.whattiasays.blogspot.com
        Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

Originally posted by meandmyglory View Post
          I think this is a good idea. I'll join. One month is about as long as I can go in a challenge so this works great!
          Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App
          Great! Everyone should be posting today. 😊😊💁

Comment

I'm down for a challenge! Lol I just hope I can follow it all the way through. What exactly is the challenge?
            ~ I'm documenting my journey to natural hair on instagram @naturallyangelic I would love some tips or encouragement and I follow back! [:  ~

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalAngelic View Post
              I'm down for a challenge! Lol I just hope I can follow it all the way through. What exactly is the challenge?
              Ok, cool. This month we are measuring today and just doing our normal routines for a month and track our hair growth. Next month, we will do a different challenge and compare the results from the 1st month to the 2nd month. Look at my 1st 3 post for the directions. I will post my pics in a few.

Comment

i think i'll join too !

Comment

Originally posted by Williams305 View Post
                  Ok, cool. This month we are measuring today and just doing our normal routines for a month and track our hair growth. Next month, we will do a different challenge and compare the results from the 1st month to the 2nd month. Look at my 1st 3 post for the directions. I will post my pics in a few.
                  Oh okay, gotcha. Sounds simple enough (: i just got done measuring, I'll be posting up pics in a few as well!
                  ~ I'm documenting my journey to natural hair on instagram @naturallyangelic I would love some tips or encouragement and I follow back! [:  ~

Comment

Okay great ladies! Don't forget to measure & post your pics today

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyChemist94
                      I'll join! It sounds fun; like different mini challenges. It's a great idea
                      Great!! Don't forget to post your pics and measure your hair.💁👌

💙💜💗💚last relaxer: 6/16/11 BC: 3/1/12 Follow me on Instagram, twitter and fb: tiff400hurdles & glamtrack(2nd instagram)💙💜💗💚
                      Last edited by Williams305; 10-01-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Courrrrtney View Post
                        i think i'll join too !
                        Great! Don't forget to measure & post💁

💙💜💗💚last relaxer: 6/16/11 BC: 3/1/12 Follow me on Instagram, twitter and fb: tiff400hurdles & glamtrack(2nd instagram)💙💜💗💚
                        Last edited by Williams305; 10-01-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Here are my pics! As well as a little background info. I'm currently tansitioning to natural hair and I'm 5 months in. This is my hair almost fully air dried. I've only trimmed my hair once since deciding to go natural and I cut off about 2 inches.

My bangs are 7 & 1/2 in
                          Middle is 12 in
                          And the back is 10 in
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalAngelic View Post
                            Here are my pics! As well as a little background info. I'm currently tansitioning to natural hair and I'm 5 months in. This is my hair almost fully air dried. I've only trimmed my hair once since deciding to go natural and I cut off about 2 inches.

My bangs are 7 & 1/2 in
                            Middle is 12 in
                            And the back is 10 in
                            Nice! How long do you plan on transitioning?

Last edited by Williams305; 10-01-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams305 View Post
                              Nice! How long do you plan on transitioning?

Thanks! I plan to transition for 2 years but I might cave before then lol

Comment

Working...
                              X