X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meandmyglory View Post
    Looks good to me, you can't tell they aren't finished!!!!!
    Thanks love!

Comment

• Originally posted by B3VUTY View Post
      Are y'all going to do a March Challenge? If so, I would love to join.
      Yes, feel free to join in!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PetiteCurls View Post
        Hope we're all still going strong on the challenge. Seems like we're all pretty busy. i know i am, school has been kicking my ass this semester. but im done in december so i guess im almost done.
        I took out my marley twists yesterday and I've been with conditioner with a shower cap since my wash last night... Contemplating wat I'll do next. So far since the year started these are the styles I've worn:
        Attachment
        Attachment
        Attachment
        Attachment
        Attachment

So for the past almost two months it's been twists twists and more twists...
        I'm debating between installing my no part (u part w/ a closure) or doing the marley bun again like in pic 4.... Decisions decisions.... Hmmm
        Outta no where today I got a craving to straighten it lol, but I over came that... I think... Lol suggestions anyone?

Also I've been sucking big time when it comes to water, been slackin on my Hairfinity.... Lol I need to get it together.
        Atleast I've stuck to the protective styling right?
        Looooove the Marley twist!! For March I'll be doing a curly sew in. That's all I use to wear and I haven't worn a sew in in months so I'm looking forward to it. I was looking at a U closure earlier today but I've never done one before and I don't know how it'll look. Do you have pics with yours??
        Attached Files

Comment

• Soooo I opted to install my no part (u part with closure) here are some pics:

Attachment
          Did a beehive all by myself #ProudMoment

Attachment
          This is right after I installed the unit. I just sewed along the first braid all around, then flat ironed it straight.

Attachment
          Had my cousin cut it up for me, I got a bob with some layers. I'm still thinking of adding some more layers to the front sections.

To go to bed I simply pin curled everything.

Here's some pics from when I took it down yesterday:

Attachment
          Attachment

What do you guys think? Also what's a good time frame on how long I should keep it in
          Attached Files

Curls. Kinks. Coils. Natural.

Comment

Soooo I opted to install my no part (u part with closure) here are some pics:

Attachment
            Did a beehive all by myself #ProudMoment

Attachment
            This is right after I installed the unit. I just sewed along the first braid all around, then flat ironed it straight.

Attachment
            Had my cousin cut it up for me, I got a bob with some layers. I'm still thinking of adding some more layers to the front sections.

To go to bed I simply pin curled everything.

Here's some pics from when I took it down yesterday:

Attachment
            Attachment

What do you guys think? Also what's a good time frame on how long I should keep it in
            That is real cute!! I know you are loving it!!! I would keep mine in 1 1/2 to 2 months at a time. Here's the closure I'm thinking of getting. I always got an invisible part so this would be a first. Not sure how this would look. Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys what are we doing for March?
              Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App
              God is Love!!!

Check out my blog: www.whattiasays.blogspot.com
              Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

Hey guys what are we doing for March?
                It seems like everyone is doing some kind of protective style. But I would live to know what the next challenge is also. I thinking of using no heat for the next two months.

Comment

It seems like everyone is doing some kind of protective style. But I would live to know what the next challenge is also. I thinking of using no heat for the next two months.

Comment

• Originally posted by tishaamelia View Post
                    Hey ladies!! No heat for the next 2 months sounds great. If you want we can even do 3 months. Lets also continue with the vitamins, d/c', moisturizing & amino acids for the next 2 months also.

Comment

We are a few days behind but I posted it in the previous message. Tisha suggested no heat for 2 months and I think that's a great idea.

Comment

• I'm going to wash and deep condition my hair and do a length check. I'll post it soon and do it again in two months. My goal now is length retention. I'm aiming for what all naturals want. Waist length lol. I know I can do it.

Comment

• Hey ladies!!!!! Hope all has been well with everyone!

So about March challenges?!?!

I was wondering what we were doing as well. I hope too many of us haven't fallen off. Seems like this thread has slowed down a bit but I know we're all busy, I know school has been keeping me occupied this semester.

I am all for the protective styling for March and April. Maybe we can combine March and April challenges. And then if the weather breaks in May we can experiment and perfect our twist outs ect...

So lets challenge our selves!!!!! Protective styling for two months straight!!!! No breaks or free days!!!
                          The only time out hair will be out will be to cleanse or condition.

I know this will be hard for us but I'm sure we can do it, we can inspire each other with styles and even post pics of protective styles that we want to try.

So here are the specifics I was thinking about:

Protective styling for March and April
                          Moisturize as needed
                          Cleanse and condition as needed
                          No trims
                          No length check
                          Take vitamins
                          Drink water

What do you all think??? You guys wanna add anything???

Curls. Kinks. Coils. Natural.

Comment

Hey ladies!!!!! Hope all has been well with everyone!

So about March challenges?!?!

I was wondering what we were doing as well. I hope too many of us haven't fallen off. Seems like this thread has slowed down a bit but I know we're all busy, I know school has been keeping me occupied this semester.

I am all for the protective styling for March and April. Maybe we can combine March and April challenges. And then if the weather breaks in May we can experiment and perfect our twist outs ect...

So lets challenge our selves!!!!! Protective styling for two months straight!!!! No breaks or free days!!!
                            The only time out hair will be out will be to cleanse or condition.

I know this will be hard for us but I'm sure we can do it, we can inspire each other with styles and even post pics of protective styles that we want to try.

So here are the specifics I was thinking about:

Protective styling for March and April
                            Moisturize as needed
                            Cleanse and condition as needed
                            No trims
                            No length check
                            Take vitamins
                            Drink water

What do you all think??? You guys wanna add anything???
                            We can do protective styling but the main part of the challenge is no heat for two months. I will deffinately be doing protective styles also.

Comment

• So I did my length check. The numbers are all over the place lol. I had my hair cut a few months ago so this is what is is since then.
                              Front bang- 8inches
                              Left side -11 inches
                              Right side -11 1/4 inches
                              Crown- 12 1/2 inches
                              Back 10 1/2 inches.
                              The back is so short because I cut it myself because it was growing out uneven.

I'll do another length check in two month after this challenge.

I hope everyone is doing well.
                              SN: jmroots come back lol

Comment

• Time to rev this thing up. Who's doing this challenge? It's kinda quiet in here! How about posting some progress pics. This thread was started about 6 months ago, where is everyone in terms of hair health and growth? I've been Mia because I was worried I was hacked. Guess I just have to be more cautious with my pin and personal info. I suggest all you ladies change ALL your pins!

I just hit my 2yr BC on 12 Mar and I'm so excited. I've posted a ton of pics on Instagram (collage form) and I can't wait to see what is to come in the future.

I need to read backwards to see what this months challenge is. I think it becomes a little overwhelming when you get into a good groove and the challenge changes. What about just continuing a challenge or revisiting a previous one if its working or we just don't know what to do. One thing I've been doing is using castor oil regularly and I LOVE it!

I let my hair tell me what to do. I don't go by what is popular or what is the fad. I do "protective styles" but to me it's just a style!! I don't care what the weather is I do my wash and go and I've never had a problem. If your hair becomes dry...moisturize it! If it feels heavy with product...wash it and If you want a few days of not doing your hair then by all means twist it up or "protect it"!!

Sorry...mini rant. My point is to follow YOUR hair and no one else's. take cues and advice but with a grain of salt. What works for others may not work for you. Trial and error! My hair motto "do what you want with it, it'll grow back" lol true story.

Comment

Working...
                                X