X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meandmyglory View Post
    Hey guys. I have been doing really well with my water these last few days, but not so much with the protective styling. In the past week I've only worn my hair in a protective style 2 days. I did roll tuck and pins. The other days I just let it flow, today included. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend though.
    Protective styling is hard for me too, but I've been hanging in there. Would love to see your roll and tuck.

Comment

• Attachment

👆My bun until maybe Sunday or Monday when I wash my hair again I've had this bun in since Tuesday and I've sprayed it down with my Giovanni's Direct Leave-In/Aloe Vera Juice/Grapeseed Oil mix. &next week I'm going to play around with a banana clip my friend gave me. I'm not using any cheat days which is superrr hard because I "twist out" to stretch it and put it away 😪 but I wanna wear a blow out for New Years Eve to reward myself lol
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tishaamelia View Post
        So the last few days my hair has felt sooo brittle and dry. I plan on deep conditioning after work tomorrow and I'm leaving it in my hair for a few hours. Look at this mess. Attachment it feels how it looks
        😔😔😔 I hope it gets better for you love!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by omqitszniiik View Post
          Attachment

👆My bun until maybe Sunday or Monday when I wash my hair again I've had this bun in since Tuesday and I've sprayed it down with my Giovanni's Direct Leave-In/Aloe Vera Juice/Grapeseed Oil mix. &next week I'm going to play around with a banana clip my friend gave me. I'm not using any cheat days which is superrr hard because I "twist out" to stretch it and put it away 😪 but I wanna wear a blow out for New Years Eve to reward myself lol
          Looks good!! Girl you go for not using any cheat days!!
          Attached Files

Comment

• I took the rest of my braids out, sprayed with aloe and water, applied my leave in mix & castor oil and twisted my hair up. I plan on wearing a bun tomorrow for a few days until I wash and deep condition. Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Williams305 View Post
              Looks good!! Girl you go for not using any cheat days!!
              Thank you!! &its sooo hard! I miss my hair but I'm trying to stay strong lol

Comment

Attachment

I love your bun it's so full. That mixture sounds really good. Where do you find the ingredients. I have e Giovanni but can't find Aloe Vera juice. I plan in blowing out my hair next month also
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys, so I still have these heavy braids, but I guess that means I've been doing quite well with the protective style part of the challenge. The only thing is that I'm slackin on keep my hair moisturized which I know is bad. Ummmm now my water intake on the other hand.... I'm struggling :-( hopefully I'll be able the get better with that as the month comes to an end. Also do we have an idea as to what the challenge will be for December?

Attachment
                  This coming Tuesday will make it two weeks that I've had these braids... How much longer can I last?!?!?
                  Attached Files

Curls. Kinks. Coils. Natural.

Comment

• Hi ladies, I lasted the entire week with the twists I put in last Sunday. I took them down last night. This evening I rinsed out my deep conditioner and at the moment waiting for my hair to dry. Tomorrow I plan to try the Cinnabon. My water intake is still going well.

Comment

• Originally posted by tishaamelia View Post
                      So the last few days my hair has felt sooo brittle and dry. I plan on deep conditioning after work tomorrow and I'm leaving it in my hair for a few hours. Look at this mess. Attachment it feels how it looks
                      I was going through the same thing. At first I just thought it was the weather cause it's colder, plus I haven't deep conditioned my hair in like a month. I know shame on me but at my last wash I didn't have time. But then I realized that I switched daily mositurizers so I switched back and now I'm back in full effect, LOL. I had been using the shea moisture thickining and growth milk and it was working well but I wanted to try the curl and style milk to see if it had better hold. Well it does have better hold but it's not moisturizing enough for me so I switched back to the thicking and growth milk and all it well. Did you change anything recently?
                      Attached Files
                      God is Love!!!

Check out my blog: www.whattiasays.blogspot.com
                      Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

• Originally posted by Williams305 View Post
                        Protective styling is hard for me too, but I've been hanging in there. Would love to see your roll and tuck.
                        It wasn't anything special. I didn't really take any pics so it's day 2 front and day 1 back.
                        Attached Files
                        God is Love!!!

Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

Attachment

��My bun until maybe Sunday or Monday when I wash my hair again I've had this bun in since Tuesday and I've sprayed it down with my Giovanni's Direct Leave-In/Aloe Vera Juice/Grapeseed Oil mix. &next week I'm going to play around with a banana clip my friend gave me. I'm not using any cheat days which is superrr hard because I "twist out" to stretch it and put it away �� but I wanna wear a blow out for New Years Eve to reward myself lol
                          Great bun, it's a good size. Good job on staying protected I need some of your discipline.
                          Attached Files
                          God is Love!!!

Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

• Originally posted by PetiteCurls View Post
                            Hey guys, so I still have these heavy braids, but I guess that means I've been doing quite well with the protective style part of the challenge. The only thing is that I'm slackin on keep my hair moisturized which I know is bad. Ummmm now my water intake on the other hand.... I'm struggling :-( hopefully I'll be able the get better with that as the month comes to an end. Also do we have an idea as to what the challenge will be for December?

Attachment
                            This coming Tuesday will make it two weeks that I've had these braids... How much longer can I last?!?!?
                            They look good, like you could go for at least 2 more weeks.
                            Attached Files
                            God is Love!!!

Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

• Hey Everybody! I've been doing well on the water and my skin is thanking me. It seems a tad brighter. However on the protective style tip my hair has been out. I wore that roll tuck and pin for two days and then on Wednesday night I washed my hair. When I wash I spritz my hair and scalp with a mixture of water and apple cidar vinegar. I wet it down real good and then apply the terresentials mud wash to sections and twist. I had 6 twists in the back and 3 on each side. I let the mud wash sit on my hair for like 30 minutes but only because I was doing a face mask and I had to wait for it to harden before getting in the shower. In the shower I rinsed and detangled each section and twisted it back up. Once out I just Jane Carter's leave in spritzing it on my twists and then applied my oil mixture (castor oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and lavender essential oil) to my scalp and hair. Lastly I twsited each section into about 3 smaller sections with shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and let it air dry. I hate air drying my hair because it SHRINKS!!!! So day 1 after washing doesn't look so hot to me. Today my hair is still out, it's strectched out but I'm gonna braid it up tonight because I still think it can stretch a little more. If I have time on Sunday I am going to twist it, but if I don't, Idk how I'm going to get back into protection mode. I've realized that the easy rolls and buns I used to do I was always doing on blown out hair, and I can't get air dryed hair to stretch enough style and look good. I'm trying to step back on the heat because my ends are crying. Oh this was my first wash for November, and I don't plan on washing again for as long as I can manage to avoid it. When washing my hair I always lose a ton of hair from detangling and I feel like this is when I cause my hair the most damage. So since it's winter and I like to wash less anyway, I'm going to try to stretch my washes as far apart as possible and only wash when I have to time to carefully detangle and see how my hair responds. I'm going to try a less is more approach this winter and see where it gets me. So first pic is day 2 second pic is today.
                              God is Love!!!

Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

• The pics didn't attach. So here they are. My hair looks more like a fro rather than my normal twist out because I am aiming to stretch. Once I get my stretch then I will hair for a good twist out with hang time.
                                Attached Files
                                God is Love!!!

Instagram - sunshine1204

Comment

Working...
                                X