Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Month to Month Challenges Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    mini twist 2wks ago.
    Last edited by Jmroots; 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Follow me on instagram. @Jmroots. I post all my hair pics on there!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Jmroots View Post
        So I'm no spring chicken when it comes to natural hair.
        Natural since 2005. I had long hair and instead of transitioning I just cut all my hair off! My second BC was march 2011 and once again I cut all of it off. first BC
        before I cut it all off again.
        Love it!! 😍😍😍😍 beautiful!


        💙💜💗💚last relaxer: 6/16/11 BC: 3/1/12 Follow me on Instagram, twitter and fb: tiff400hurdles & glamtrack(2nd instagram)💙💜💗💚
        Last edited by Williams305; 09-30-2012, 11:48 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jmroots View Post
          mini twist 2wks ago.
          Your hair is gorgeous! I especially love the blonde in your first set of photos!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CurlyChemist94
            I've been natural for a year and 27 days. My last relaxer was 8 January 2011, and I BCed on 3 September 2011.

            @Williams: Grazie!
            Nice nice! How often do you trim?
            ~ I'm documenting my journey to natural hair on instagram @naturallyangelic I would love some tips or encouragement and I follow back! [:  ~

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jmroots View Post
              So I'm no spring chicken when it comes to natural hair.
              Natural since 2005. I had long hair and instead of transitioning I just cut all my hair off! My second BC was march 2011 and once again I cut all of it off. first BC
              before I cut it all off again.
              Your hair is beautiful! May I ask why you BC'd a second time?
              ~ I'm documenting my journey to natural hair on instagram @naturallyangelic I would love some tips or encouragement and I follow back! [:  ~

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by NaturalAngelic View Post
                Your hair is beautiful! May I ask why you BC'd a second time?
                I had a baby and the hormone changes made my hair shed in the front. At the time I just wanted the easiest thing which was to cut it all off. In hindsight I should have just done a protective style but you live and you learn!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Williams305 View Post
                  Love it!! 😍😍😍😍 beautiful!


                  💙💜💗💚last relaxer: 6/16/11 BC: 3/1/12 Follow me on Instagram, twitter and fb: tiff400hurdles & glamtrack(2nd instagram)💙💜💗💚
                  Thanks!! Trying to get back to that.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I took my mini twists out. It only took about 15 min to take them out vs a day to put them in! lol holding my baby while she sleeps.
                    Last edited by Jmroots; 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Williams305 View Post
                      I found it easier to do this challenge on the Curly Nikki app instead of fb. Each month we will do a different challenge. Starting Oct 1 we will will measure our hair, do our regular routines & track our hair growth at the end of the month. Starting Nov 1 we will do a different challenge & compare results from our length check from Month 1 to Month 2 The challenges will change each month. It's a few of us who decided to do this month to month challenge but anyone is welcome to join.
                      I was lost for a min on here but I think I'm getting the hang of it. We should do a check in, in two weeks. Maybe explain our techniques and list our products at the end of the month.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jmroots View Post
                        Thanks!! Trying to get back to that.
                        You will be back before you know it! Your hair is 💣 now!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jmroots View Post
                          i took my mini twists out. It only took about 15 min to take them out vs a day to put them in! lol holding my baby while she sleeps.
                          ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Jmroots View Post
                            I was lost for a min on here but I think I'm getting the hang of it. We should do a check in, in two weeks. Maybe explain our techniques and list our products at the end of the month.
                            I would love to share our routines!! Good idea Tina!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CurlyChemist94
                              I've only trimmed once, and that was a few weeks ago because I found some ends that looked too straight to be my hair (still didn't make them curl smh). Other than that and getting rid of SSKs/fairy knots, I keep the scissors away from my hair lol.
                              Oh okay that's cool (: I wonder why they didn't curl. Do you use any heat? That normally knocks a curl pattern out real fast. Lol yea I hear of a lot of naturals that are just scissors happy. I don't think I'll be one of those either
                              ~ I'm documenting my journey to natural hair on instagram @naturallyangelic I would love some tips or encouragement and I follow back! [:  ~

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jmroots View Post
                                I took my mini twists out. It only took about 15 min to take them out vs a day to put them in! lol holding my baby while she sleeps.
                                That looks real nice! how did you go about taking them out?
                                ~ I'm documenting my journey to natural hair on instagram @naturallyangelic I would love some tips or encouragement and I follow back! [:  ~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X