X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APL 2013 anyone?

For all of us thriving to get past shoulder lenghth to armpit length.

Share your daily/weekly/bi-weekly/monthly regimens, fave hair products.

Pictures are optional.

Just simply state your current length and when you plan on achieving APL in 2013.

Happy growing!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using CurlyNikki App

I'm in!!

My hair is about two-three inches from APL and I am ready to reach that goal! Here is my regimen:

Twists for three weeks, twist-out for 3 days

Co-wash: Hello Hydration, Suave naturals juicy green apple

Shampoo: only as needed

Pre-poo: twice a month with mixture of amla, shikakai, neem, water, and conditioner!

Daily moisturizing and sealing with a mixture of HEHH and water and grapeseed or almond oil infused with amla and bhringraj.

Thanks!

Morgan
    my blog: naturallyme93.blogspot.com
    please subscribe!

Hair length: 2 inches past CBL

Comment

Arm pit length is my 2013 goal. I'm currently CBL.. I hope to be APL by December 2013

Natural EST. 11/11
      BC date: 11/03/11...length goal: BSL by 2015

Comment

I'm currently wearing box braids so I'm not really sure my exact length but I believe it's grazing SL.
        I've been natural since October 1st 2011 (Nigerian Independence Day woot! Woot!)

I'm itching to take them out now but I know if I stick it out till the end of September I'll be happier with the growth.

Oh and I live by olive oil scalp massages.

Comment

I'm not 100% certain how long my hair really is right now lol. I'll be doing a length check before I start the KCCM Fall Castor Oil Challenge so I'll post pics in a couple of weeks.

I shampoo & DC 1x week. I plan on two strand twisting & pinning my hair up during the week & maybe wearing it out on the weekends. I'll moisturize & seal as necessary while it's pinned up. I probably won't reach APL til the end of 2013. We'll see

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
          Check out my blog, Shida In The City

Comment

Lol, I started Operation APL 2013 yesterday! I'm aiming for my birthday (Jan. 20) so I hope I make it. I'm going to be moisturizing and sealing every day with water and coconut oil, maybe twice a day.

I'll be washing once a week with SM Raw Shea Butter, then DCing with SM Deep Treatment Masque mixed with olive oil and honey, then conditioning with Yes to Carrots, then using Giovanni's Direct Leave-In. After M&Sing, I'll put my hair in twists to stretch, wear a twist out and bun for the rest of the week.

I want to try the Yes to Carrots shampoo since Rite-Aid is having a sale!

Length from Mid-July: (excuse my face lol)

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App
            Attached Files

Comment

Apl end of summer 2013 (: hopefully

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlyNikki App
              The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.
              Audrey Hepburn

Hair is an accessory, but like any accessory you spend money on it to make sure it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KaciHottie?feature=mhee

http://https://twitter.com/kacisa

Comment

I'm a little past collar bone. I'm hoping that I will be arm pit length in 2013. I've never had hair past my shoulders when I was relaxed.

Comment

I'm going for apl this time next yr🙏

Comment

Originally posted by charaeratliff View Post
                    I'm going for apl this time next yr🙏
                    I wkly dc w/honey mayo brown 1egg 1oz of oils shampoo condition I spray on avj as my moisturizing/leave-in & seal w/Shea butter mix & twist. My go to style is a high puff. Back=collar,sides=mid neck,front=below nose I hope be apl August 2013.
                    Last edited by charaeratliff; 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hope to have APL by the end of next year.

Comment

BSL is my goal before the Spring of next year.
                        right now my hair is at armpit length when straightened.

regimen: I am very low maintenance with my hair. I have learned that the less I try to manipulate the happier it is.

Wash my hair with very little shampoo once a week. I use Biolage moisture shampoo (one wash only) when i do my mini wash.
                        Every two weeks i do a clarifying wash and a acv rinse with a DC...hot oil treatment is needed. Sometimes, I do the ACV rinse more than twice a month just because my scalp needs it.
                        I do braid out/twist outs for styling using a shea butter/coconut oil mix with shea moisture curling souffle. I tie my hair up at night with a silk scarf and bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by natural~beauty View Post
                          BSL is my goal before the Spring of next year.
                          right now my hair is at armpit length when straightened.

regimen: I am very low maintenance with my hair. I have learned that the less I try to manipulate the happier it is.

Wash my hair with very little shampoo once a week. I use Biolage moisture shampoo (one wash only) when i do my mini wash.
                          Every two weeks i do a clarifying wash and a acv rinse with a DC...hot oil treatment is needed. Sometimes, I do the ACV rinse more than twice a month just because my scalp needs it.
                          I do braid out/twist outs for styling using a shea butter/coconut oil mix with shea moisture curling souffle. I tie my hair up at night with a silk scarf and bonnet.
                          I wish I was almost Bsl now but patience is everything. And yesssss less is always more

Comment

Who else is up for the challengeee ?

Comment

I am! I'm a little past CBL now. My hair grows pretty fast, so retaining length will be my challenge. Protein treatments made my hair break horribly this past yr so I'm gonna see if Henna will help!

My regi:

-co-wash every night (AO honeysuckle or other cond. when my hair adjusts to the product)
                              -twist outs/wng/protective bun for style (Oyin BS Pomade)
                              -shampoo/DC/detangle once a wk
                              - start hennaing once a month
                              -oil scalp as needed (vatika or coconut oil)

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                              X