X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-strand twists

Is there a two strand twist challenge on the boards. If not I would like to piggyback on the deep conditioner challenge and incorporate a protective style challenge using twist. There was a challenge like this in the old forums and I'm looking to incorporate the same type of challenge. Not sure what it involved if anyone remember can you let me know and post the length of time of the challenge and the method (how many days in the twist).

My plan is to twist after my deep condition and leave in for five or six days, don't really plan to do a twist out it's too cold in Chicago for all of that and I'm happy to undo twist, wash and condition and put twist back in. Not sure of length of time I will be doing this maybe until Spring.

If anyone is interested please join, if you have anything to add or know of the details of the other challenge also post. Thanks.

I'm in! I have twist in right now!

Comment

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlyNikki App
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AngieCharme View Post
        I'm in! I have twist in right now!

Hi AngieCharme I didn't think anyone would join, thank you. Can you tell me how you plan to implement your twist process and for how long. I did my first set last week they turned out o.k and my second set this week turned out even better. I plan on twisting on the weekend and wearing all week, take them down wash and redo at least through the winter and maybe the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by SakinahKatib View Post

Hi SakinahKatib, your twists look nice, can you tell me your routine and how you plan to complete the challenge process. Do you wear twists all the time, occasionally, and will you be wearing them constantly until wash day?

Comment

I'm going to start doing chunky twists a few times a week until wash day (mine don't last long bc I'm transitioning) for now I just use my leave in, Darcy's botanicals and wet the with my spray bottle mixture. I'm using dax black beeswax on the ends which is WONDERFUL. And I moisturize them daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberly View Post
              Hi AngieCharme I didn't think anyone would join, thank you. Can you tell me how you plan to implement your twist process and for how long. I did my first set last week they turned out o.k and my second set this week turned out even better. I plan on twisting on the weekend and wearing all week, take them down wash and redo at least through the winter and maybe the spring.
              Well my plan is to keep the twist in all week and then take them down on my wash day. After I complete my regimen I will twist them back into a protective style. My hair has a hard time retaining moisture so I'll probably will use coconut oil to keep them moisturized every 2 to 3 days. Im thinking I would do this for the rest of the month and maybe end the first or second week of march. I will probably be using Shea butter, Darcy Botanicals avocado and wild plum twist cream, or my curling soufflé as my stylers.

Comment

I have in twists right now. I've had them for 4 weeks. I'll be taking them out Friday and hopefully be putting them back in.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieCharme View Post
                  Well my plan is to keep the twist in all week and then take them down on my wash day. After I complete my regimen I will twist them back into a protective style. My hair has a hard time retaining moisture so I'll probably will use coconut oil to keep them moisturized every 2 to 3 days. Im thinking I would do this for the rest of the month and maybe end the first or second week of march. I will probably be using Shea butter, Darcy Botanicals avocado and wild plum twist cream, or my curling soufflé as my stylers.

Hi AngieCharme, I'm not having a problem but I'm finding that I need steam from my shower in the morning to unflatten my twist from sleeping on them. What do you do to fluff yours out again?

Comment

Originally posted by SakinahKatib View Post
                    I'm going to start doing chunky twists a few times a week until wash day (mine don't last long bc I'm transitioning) for now I just use my leave in, Darcy's botanicals and wet the with my spray bottle mixture. I'm using dax black beeswax on the ends which is WONDERFUL. And I moisturize them daily.

SakinahKatib your hair looks long enough to be able to do that it must be nice not to have as many twist, it takes me about 2 hours to do my twist. O.k I have to check out the dax line when I go to the store never paid any attention to them but I know of them. It seems that I have to moisturize daily too and I'm dabbing a little castor oil on my ends and my hair period.

Comment

Originally posted by justicenga View Post
                      I have in twists right now. I've had them for 4 weeks. I'll be taking them out Friday and hopefully be putting them back in.

Wow your hair looks really nice! I need to know how are you able to keep your twists in for 4 weeks I would love to know that is fabulous and are you able to keep them well moisturized throughout the 4 weeks. They really look nice I'm very impressed.

Comment

Hi AngieCharme, I'm not having a problem but I'm finding that I need steam from my shower in the morning to unflatten my twist from sleeping on them. What do you do to fluff yours out again?
                        Well actually I'm doing the greenhouse effect challenge also. That's a great way to create steam and your twist will be fluffy in the morning. All you have to do is put your favorite oil/butter on your hair, put a shower cap on your head, then put your bonnet/scarf over the shower cap to create heat. Then go to sleep! Then in the morning after you take the shower cap and bonnet/scarf off and your twist will be very well moisturized and fluffy. Ever since I been doing this I didn't need to revive my twist with any product

Comment

Thank you so much for this tip, I'm going to have to try it tonight.

Comment

I'm in for 4 weeks, maybe longer, but for now its 4 weeks. I'm in 2 other challenges right now, growth challenge and protective styling. I'm going to co wash once a week and DC after (Monday), wear the twist in all week, let down on the weekends. Every other day I will massage scalp with an oil, moisturize with Shea Moisture and seal with coconut oil.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much for this tip, I'm going to have to try it tonight.
                              No problem

Comment

Working...
                              X