X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarn Braids

I'm thinking about getting yarn braids, but I don't want to pay some $40 or more to do it. It seems cheaper to do it myself, but the problem is, I have never braided my hair on my own before. I'm a little worried about buying all of that yarn and then it's going to waste because I can't seem to do it. What are ya'll thoughts? And if you've done them yourself before, did it turn out nicely?
    BC: January 10, 2012
    Last relaxer: December 2011
    Hair Type: 4B & 4C
    Length Check: January 10, 2013 - 5 inches

Originally posted by Meme_2006 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting yarn braids, but I don't want to pay some $40 or more to do it. It seems cheaper to do it myself, but the problem is, I have never braided my hair on my own before. I'm a little worried about buying all of that yarn and then it's going to waste because I can't seem to do it. What are ya'll thoughts? And if you've done them yourself before, did it turn out nicely?
    I did yarn braids in my hair twice, and I CANNOT braid hair. But once you figure out how to add the yarn to the braid its pretty easy. Just like doing a plait (sp) on your own hair. Mine were kind of long, about to the middle of my back, but both times I did them, I never 100% finished. First time I never finished the middle and the second time I never got around to burning off all the tips. Smh lol

But I think if you have a couple days where you have a lot of free time you should give it a try. I have a lot of thick hair and I think I only used like a jumbo pack and a half of yarn.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

$40 actually isn't bad at all for yarn braids. african shops usually charge $200 lol. but i would say to stay on youtube!!!! watch and watch again! it will help. also, yarn is cheap so don't worry too much about messing up, it actually gives you room to mess up!

Comment

Originally posted by Naturalicious_Cookie View Post
        I did yarn braids in my hair twice, and I CANNOT braid hair. But once you figure out how to add the yarn to the braid its pretty easy. Just like doing a plait (sp) on your own hair. Mine were kind of long, about to the middle of my back, but both times I did them, I never 100% finished. First time I never finished the middle and the second time I never got around to burning off all the tips. Smh lol

But I think if you have a couple days where you have a lot of free time you should give it a try. I have a lot of thick hair and I think I only used like a jumbo pack and a half of yarn.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
        Lol, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who can't braid hair. I think I'm going to give it a go!

Originally posted by wutie View Post
        $40 actually isn't bad at all for yarn braids. african shops usually charge $200 lol. but i would say to stay on youtube!!!! watch and watch again! it will help. also, yarn is cheap so don't worry too much about messing up, it actually gives you room to mess up!
        Lol, I'm pretty sure I can get a neighborhood braider to do it for about $40, but I'm on a budget. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Finished Them!

It took me 14 hours to complete them. I really like the results.
          Attached Files

Comment

I installed some too(: Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EllenKalia View Post
              I installed some too(: Attachment
              Those are cute! I've just recently put some more in. They are a lot shorter this time around. I'm trying to figure out how to style them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X