X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Locer....

I am contemplating locs. I always wear twists and people tell me all the time that I should loc my hair. My mother has locks and she always tells me that I should loc. So now I've been really thinking about it. I've been looking up YouTube vids on starter locs I even called a few places to see how much they charge. My only thing is I don't want my hair to be short if I get them. My hair is between apl and bsl it would be excellent if I can start my love from this length but I've seen people start locs wet. Is there anyway I can get the length while starting locs. Sorry for being long winded.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlyNikki App

Sisterlocks can be started with long/short, natural/relaxed hair and typically started on dry, clean. They can be pricey so I would definately do research on them with a certified loctician! HTH!

Wishing my sisterlocks an early Happy 3rd Anniversary 08/29/12!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hppy2bnppy View Post
      Sisterlocks can be started with long/short, natural/relaxed hair and typically started on dry, clean. They can be pricey so I would definately do research on them with a certified loctician! HTH!

I thought about sister locks but I want mine a little thicker. Thnx anyway
      Wishing my sisterlocks an early Happy 3rd Anniversary 08/29/12!!!

Comment

I'll be watching this thread..
        Take a look at my blog! http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...rk-lovely.html

Dont hesitate to comment!

Comment

I have loc's and my natural loose hair (when stretched) was almost to my bra strap. She never put any scissors to my hair so I have a good length for my starters. I've had them in for 9 weeks now. Unfortunately I cannot attach a picture of my hair from my iPhone because the app is not functioning properly at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki

Comment

I think im scared.
            Take a look at my blog! http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...rk-lovely.html

Dont hesitate to comment!

Comment

I want locs, but I don't want the commitment. I know I won't make time to comb them out. Maybe just coil them temporarily and see how it fits...then decide.
              -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

I started out with coils & then decided after a few weeks to let them loc. And that was at the end of Jan. & now it's August. I've really enjoyed the journey so far & say go for it .

Comment

Originally posted by beYOUtiful View Post
                  I want locs, but I don't want the commitment. I know I won't make time to comb them out. Maybe just coil them temporarily and see how it fits...then decide.

That's how I feel. But I at least want to try them

Comment

Originally posted by Napturalbeauty1224 View Post
                    I have loc's and my natural loose hair (when stretched) was almost to my bra strap. She never put any scissors to my hair so I have a good length for my starters. I've had them in for 9 weeks now. Unfortunately I cannot attach a picture of my hair from my iPhone because the app is not functioning properly at the moment.

Did she start with your hair wet

Comment

Originally posted by Khayes44 View Post
                      I think im scared.

Lol so am I

Comment

Originally posted by AMG8232 View Post
                        I started out with coils & then decided after a few weeks to let them loc. And that was at the end of Jan. & now it's August. I've really enjoyed the journey so far & say go for it .

Thnx

Comment

I started off with coils, they were pretty short but with some nice earrings and arched eyebrows I felt good 😊 I'm now 4 months with my locs and they're right below my ears. Loving them more and more everyday 😍

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyGurlNia View Post
                            Did she start with your hair wet

Yes my hair was wet (just towel dried) and as she was doing it the spots that were dry she would spray water in my hair with a water bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by NuNu26 View Post
                              I started off with coils, they were pretty short but with some nice earrings and arched eyebrows I felt good 😊 I'm now 4 months with my locs and they're right below my ears. Loving them more and more everyday 😍

O Ok thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X