X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentonite Clay Users

Hi Curlies, I just started using Bentonite clay on my hair and so far I love it. Since using it, I don't have to de-tangle as much, I use very little, if any, conditioner; and for styling, just my shea butter mixture and FSG and I'm done. Could this clay really be this great and have reduced the products I use down to two? If so, I think I've gone to hair heaven

Have you used the clay, what are your experiences with it, how often do you use it, did you love it or hate it, and did you mix it with anything yummy.
    Peace, Light & Love
    Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

You've got me curious about it. I've heard of it but hadn't really researched it. Where did you purchase it?
    Sin azucar, la salsa no tiene sabor........ Celia Cruz 1925-2003 La Reina de Salsa

Comment

I have said it before, its the only product that consistently work on my hair. After talking about it yesterday, I went to a local health food store and bought more..
      I used it last night...

My hair is softer, shinier and the color is vibrant..

I use it once a month and I generally add coconut oil or olive oil..
      BrownEyed Natural

Comment

Originally posted by morenachula View Post
        You've got me curious about it. I've heard of it but hadn't really researched it. Where did you purchase it?
        I purchased mine at a local health food store.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
        Peace, Light & Love
        Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

<3 my curls, thank you again. I was hoping to get a good discussion going on the thread. Since I'm in love with it after only three uses, it would be nice to share the experience with other curlies. I'm surprised more ladies haven't tried it.

Peace, Light & Love

Comment

Originally posted by ajsimmons8 View Post
            <3 my curls, thank you again. I was hoping to get a good discussion going on the thread. Since I'm in love with it after only three uses, it would be nice to share the experience with other curlies. I'm surprised more ladies haven't tried it.

I agree, I used it as a facial mask last night as well..When I took it off, my man came home and said " your face looks do bright"

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App
            BrownEyed Natural

Comment

What do y'all mix it with? I just got some Friday to use as a facial mask.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App
              Rocking this head of curls since June 3, 1982!

Yeah, I have GOOD HAIR, and SO DO YOU!

Comment

I love it and use it once a month at the most, and in between protective styles. Thanks to this stuff, I don't use shampoo anymore at all!!!! Sometimes, my hair gets this dull, dry, ashy look to it, but after using the bentonite clay it looks more vibrant, shiny, and jet black...just like I like it. I also use it on my face once a month and so does my husband. This is definitely a staple for my house.

As for the mixture, I just boil a black tea bag and mix it with the clay until I have the consistency I like.
                sigpicLast relaxer 8/21/09
                BC 11/15/09
                NhappyJackie.Onsugar<<<< My Blog
                My FOTKI Youtube

Comment

Ive tried it on my locs and it worked wonderfully. They felt softer, cleaner, and my color shines so nicely now.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
                  Check out my hair at www.flickr.com/chacalocs!
                  Locked up & Free! Since 04.10.2008
                  Naturally Nappy Since 07.28.07
                  Check out my locs at Chacalocs

Comment

So far, I've only mixed mine with water or avj and I've only used it for my hair.

Peace, Light & Love

Comment

For those that have used it on your hair, what did you mix it with?

Peace, Light & Love

Comment

Originally posted by ajsimmons8 View Post
                        For those that have used it on your hair, what did you mix it with?

I've mixed it with both water and another time aloe Vera juice. I love this stuff.
                        "Those that mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind"

Hair Blog
                        Personal Musings

Comment

I've only mixed with acv for my hair and face, but it makes my face itch. I usually use it once a month to clarify before I henna.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

At this point I only use Bentonite Clay to clean my hair. It helps me detangle, and my hair feels extra soft. I mix my clay with Aloe Vera juice. I have been tempted to add oils to my mixture.
                            Formely CageBird
                            Check out my natural hair journey

Comment

Originally posted by NhappyJackie View Post
                              I love it and use it once a month at the most, and in between protective styles. Thanks to this stuff, I don't use shampoo anymore at all!!!! Sometimes, my hair gets this dull, dry, ashy look to it, but after using the bentonite clay it looks more vibrant, shiny, and jet black...just like I like it. I also use it on my face once a month and so does my husband. This is definitely a staple for my house.

As for the mixture, I just boil a black tea bag and mix it with the clay until I have the consistency I like.
                              oooh tea, I will try that

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App
                              BrownEyed Natural

Comment

Working...
                              X