X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk & Honey

Can anyone give me any info on using milk and honey on my hair as a conditioner? I got the idea from Natural_curls (thanks gurl &#128521 who suggested it as a pre-poo and I've did a little homework on it since I had never heard of it and it sounds like a great mix....have any of y'all used it before?

Should I use more of one than the other or an equal amount of both?

Comment

I've never used it, but I suggest you start by trying the 50-50 mix and see what happens. Keep a notebook with the type of honey and milk used. When you used it, how you used, the amount, the recipe and the results you expect compared to the results you got. Then you can adjust your recipe from there. Keep us posted. Milk and honey are good for skin, inside and out.

Just make sure you rinse well.
      Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
      Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
      Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
      Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
      Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!!

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyAlise View Post
          Can anyone give me any info on using milk and honey on my hair as a conditioner? I got the idea from Natural_curls (thanks gurl ��) who suggested it as a pre-poo and I've did a little homework on it since I had never heard of it and it sounds like a great mix....have any of y'all used it before?
          I've used coconut milk and honey with other ingredients. I would use only a tablespoon or so of honey. I've even used Qhemet's Olive and Honey mixed with other items as a pre poo and I used too much and my hair came out weird like too fluffy to hold curls.

Maybe a 1/4 C. at most (less if your hair is short).
          Last edited by PinkIce; 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM.
          Last relaxer May 2011 BC'ed April 13, 2012
          Simba's Details:
          3C/4a Corkscrew/Fractal/Zigzag Curls
          Density: High Density (Me) Tot: (Medium Density)
          Width: Medium (Me) Tot: (Medium to Fine)
          Porosity: Low Porosity (Me) Tot: (High Porosity)

Simba's Staples: Donna Marie, Camille Rose, GDLI, Organicals, Design Essentials (Organic Cleanse, Twist Lotion, Creme Gel, Mousse), Curls, Bee Mine, Koils By Nature Coco Aloe Deep, Chagrin Valley--Henna Bar and Det. Tea Rinse

Comment

I just finished my first milk and honey conditioning and brown sugar scalp scrub. I didn't get everything I expected but I at least noticed some good things from both mixes. The scalp scrub did its job and took away the product buildup...my before and after pics look somewhat similar but the dirty hair looks so much thicker than the clean hair smh. Also, the milk and honey did leave some shine and moisture but did nothing for my frizz which was my biggest concern. Since I started my transition, frizz has been a major problem...I'm not In a position where I can go out and buy products right now so if anyone knows of more DIY ideas PLEASE let me know!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PinkIce View Post
              I've used coconut milk and honey with other ingredients. I would use only a tablespoon or so of honey. I've even used Qhemet's Olive and Honey mixed with other items as a pre poo and I used too much and my hair came out weird like too fluffy to hold curls.

Maybe a 1/4 C. at most (less if your hair is short).
              Maybe I'll try coconut milk if I ever do this again...I really don't care too much for this mix anymore but I've heard good stuff about it so maybe I'll give it another try

Comment

Ive noticed that using an old tshirt to "dry my hair works. Don't rub! Just let the shirt sit on the hair for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyatoyaboboya View Post
                  Ive noticed that using an old tshirt to "dry my hair works. Don't rub! Just let the shirt sit on the hair for a bit.
                  I've been using shirts since I started my journey but that doesn't help me either...although now that I think about it I'm not sure if I do rub to dry...maybe I squeeze...(that awkward moment when you knew something before you actually had to know it then all of a sudden forgot &#128556

Comment

Originally posted by celiahorsly
                    Milk and honey combination acts not only on the skin but also on the entire body by making it agile and youthful. People in many ancient civilizations including greeks romans egyptians and indians drank milk and honey to preserve their youth. Since milk and honey ensure long life, the combination was known as the elixir of life.
                    Oh wow I didn't know all of that thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                    X