X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4yr Old Pre-Poo

I need suggestions on a pre-poo that doesn't require oils for my future step daughters hair....(she has about type 4 hair)...or is that the only thing I can use for pre-pooing?

I've been using coconut oil for my last few pre-poos and I freaking love it! My hair is softer, the coconut oil helps add a little slip while I'm finger detangling, and my hair seems not to absorb so much water. I say seems to because I have super thick and pretty long hair, and it always felt so heavy after I washed it but it seems less heavy now. For my first pre-poo, I used maybe a tablespoon of olive oil mixed into about a cup of conditioner and left it in my dry hair for about an hour. It was a little easier to detangle before washing, but now that I've tried coconut oil I'm not going back to just conditioner. So to answer your question, you can use conditioners or deep conditioners as pre-poos, but I've found that oils really work better for MY type 4 hair!

Comment

I use a deep conditioner to do prepoo.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transitioned for 1 year and 17 days (11/2011 - 12/2012)
      Big Chopped on 11/17/2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My full regimen: http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/p/my-hair-regimen.html

Blog: http://discoveringnatural.com

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveringNatural

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoveringNatural

Follow me on Twitter @ DiscoveringNatural

and on Instagram: http://instagram.com/DiscoveringNatural

Comment

I use Shea Moisture Purification Mask for my Pre-Poo's
        My Staples
        Pre-Poo: Castor, EVCO and Jojoba Oils
        Shampoo: Rhassoul Clay
        Co-Wash: Pantene Conditioner
        Deep Conditioner(s): Dax Roots Hair Mayonnaise & Pantene Deep Conditioner
        Leave-In(s): KCKT
        Sealant(s): EVCO
        Styler(s): Pantene Defining Curls Custard

Comment

You can use oil on a 4 year olds hair without it getting greasy. I only use a little oil and/or silicone serum rubbed into my hands and fingers for a prepoo detangle session. For a hot oil treatment, I use a 1/2 ounce or two tablespoons of oil. It does not need to be an oily mess. What I like is that if I want to, I can go out with my hot oil treatment still on my head without looking like I fell into a fryer. lol
          Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
          Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
          Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
          Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
          Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyAlise View Post
            I need suggestions on a pre-poo that doesn't require oils for my future step daughters hair....(she has about type 4 hair)...or is that the only thing I can use for pre-pooing?
            I use Curl Junkie Rehab or Deep Fix (I don't like the smell for very long so trying to use it up). Other times I use Aubrey's GPB (if I want to add protein to her hair). I also mix coconut oil and olive together with some of the conditioners but not all the time. I basically just pre poo to detangle.

For my hair, I've been using any conditioner that I want to get rid of that I can stand the smell of for a few minutes. I pre poo'ed with Curls Milkshake mixed with conditioner packets. I'm on my own Operation Use Up This Expensive Behind Stash, lol.
            Last relaxer May 2011 BC'ed April 13, 2012
            Simba's Details:
            3C/4a Corkscrew/Fractal/Zigzag Curls
            Density: High Density (Me) Tot: (Medium Density)
            Width: Medium (Me) Tot: (Medium to Fine)
            Porosity: Low Porosity (Me) Tot: (High Porosity)

Simba's Staples: Donna Marie, Camille Rose, GDLI, Organicals, Design Essentials (Organic Cleanse, Twist Lotion, Creme Gel, Mousse), Curls, Bee Mine, Koils By Nature Coco Aloe Deep, Chagrin Valley--Henna Bar and Det. Tea Rinse

Comment

I mix milk and honey in a bowl then warm it in the microwave for 20 sec and put that on my hair. Honey works well for me.

Comment

For my 4 year old I use Shea Moisture's either Deep Treatment mixed with honey & EVOO or the Purification Masque with nothing added. I put a shower cap on, then her bonnet & she's free to move around until bath time, when I wash her hair.
                Having a love affair with my 4b/4c kinky curly coils

Last Relaxer: On my wedding day! July 30, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Natural_curls View Post
                  I mix milk and honey in a bowl then warm it in the microwave for 20 sec and put that on my hair. Honey works well for me.
                  I've never tried milk in anything and I just recently tried my own deep conditioner with honey, evoo, and my suave conditioner....but after I rinsed and it dried my hair has been drier than normal especially around the edges!! I assumed it was the honey. I used the same thing on her and I didn't like the outcome either. I might give the milk and honey a try tho

Comment

Originally posted by audrajt03 View Post
                    For my 4 year old I use Shea Moisture's either Deep Treatment mixed with honey & EVOO or the Purification Masque with nothing added. I put a shower cap on, then her bonnet & she's free to move around until bath time, when I wash her hair.
                    This is a good idea too imma have to get some of both of those and try them

Comment

Originally posted by Natural_curls View Post
                      I tried this out on me and I liked it!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X