X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot oils COME HERE MIXTRESSES

What do you put in your hot oil treatment and how do you warm it up to keep its nutrients?

Im thinking of using jamaican black castor oil I purchased yesterday and olive oil. I might pick up a lavender essential oil for the smell. Im also thinking about warming it up in a steam kind of way. Like in something inside a pit of boiling water.

I use whatever oil I have on hand until I have about 1/4 cup. I place the oil(s) in an applicator tip bottle. I boil some water in the microwave, pour it in a large cup and sit the app bottle in the cup to warm for 5-10 before applying to my hair.

Comment

Originally posted by 1FlySista View Post
      I use whatever oil I have on hand until I have about 1/4 cup. I place the oil(s) in an applicator tip bottle. I boil some water in the microwave, pour it in a large cup and sit the app bottle in the cup to warm for 5-10 before applying to my hair.
      Do you switch oils often

Comment

Not often. My staple oils are coconut, castor, EVOO, grapeseed. Sometimes I will purchase safflower instead of grapeseed. Both are packed with vitamin E, have a similar viscosity, and have good qualities so whichever is on sale or cheaper.

Originally posted by LaceNBklyn View Post
        Do you switch oils often

Comment

I just mix EVCO and EVOO. Since they penetrate the hair shaft I think their the best ones to use

Comment

Originally posted by Curly_Goddess View Post
            I just mix EVCO and EVOO. Since they penetrate the hair shaft I think their the best ones to use
            I use these as well, plus JBCO. I like to keep it in a plastic bottle (like lotion bottle), run hot water in the sink and let it sit in there for a little bit until I am ready to apply.
            sigpicLast relaxer 8/21/09
            BC 11/15/09
            NhappyJackie.Onsugar<<<< My Blog
            My FOTKI Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by NhappyJackie View Post
              I use these as well, plus JBCO. I like to keep it in a plastic bottle (like lotion bottle), run hot water in the sink and let it sit in there for a little bit until I am ready to apply.
              That's a good idea

Comment

I use a mixture of coconut and olive oil. I apply it at room temp and then put on a heat cap. I used to warm the oil before applying (boil water and put it in a cup/bowl and then sit the oil container inside), but I got lazy!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App
                Rocking this head of curls since June 3, 1982!

Yeah, I have GOOD HAIR, and SO DO YOU!

Comment

Working...
                X