X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosemary Water

Has anyone used rosemary water in their hair care regime? How do you use it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself ~ FDR

I use it as a final cold water rinse after my deep condition.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Where can I buy rose water from? I've been search for it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Amlaqueen View Post
        Where can I buy rose water from? I've been search for it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlyNikki App
        Rose water you pay an arm and leg for at whole foods or get it at your local Indian grocer that sells the Amla, Brahmi etc.

Comment

I use rosemary as a rinse as well. I just recent'y had a lady at my church give me a bag full of stems of rosemary. She said she has so much growing near her back door some days she feel like it trying to come in. She at first didn't know it could be used on hair. Like most she only thought of it for food. It works wonders for itching hair (at least it did for me).

Comment

Is rose water different from rosemary? I use rosemary oil in my spritz bottle mixed up with water and JBCO.
            http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

Rose water and rosemary water are two different things. Rose water comes from collecting rose oil from roses. I've seen it being collected by boiling rose petals and the oil infused water is separated from the petals. Rosemary water is water that has been boiled with rosemary and the stems are separated from the water.

Comment

I spray rosemary water in my hair everyday. I got it on amazon for about 5 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by ravyn View Post
                  Rose water and rosemary water are two different things. Rose water comes from collecting rose oil from roses. I've seen it being collected by boiling rose petals and the oil infused water is separated from the petals. Rosemary water is water that has been boiled with rosemary and the stems are separated from the water.

I always wondered. . What's the difference between spraying just regular plain old water in your hair and actual roae water. Like what are the benefits?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using CurlyNikki App

Comment

There are supposedly a bunch of benefits to using rosewater, just like with any sort of infused water. (have you ever had rose flavored ice cream? super nummy )

here are a couple of links -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/rosewater-dry-skin-hair_n_2417183.html#slide=1948730

http://www.6footlonghair.com/2011/06/benefits-of-rosewater.html

Comment

So, what are the benefits of spraying rosemary water on my hair? When should I use it? What about rose water?
                      Hair regimen:
                      Pre poo (EVOO or EVCO) sometimes...not often
                      co wash every two weeks
                      DC once a week
                      Henna every two weeks
                      Betonite Clay cleansing every two weeks
                      Clarify shampoo once every 45 days or so
                      dust when needed
                      weekly protective styles

Comment

I use it on my spritz bottle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlyNikki App