Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hair/body products have you made lately?

I'm thinking of getting some olive oil to infuse with rosemary, and make amla oil as well. I'd like to make my own flax seed gel too.
    http://cnw2.blogspot.com/2013/02/back-at-one.html CNW

I make or improve almost all of my hair products. These are my currents:
    - DC: Giovanii's 50/50 with added coconut oil, honey and red clay
    - Herbal rinse: black tea with various herbs
    - Shampoo: Black soap with glycerine and various herbs
    - Spray: Water, glycerine, Vit E, essential oils
    - Styling butter: Shea, mixed with my homemade hair growth pomade (herbal infused oils and bees wax)

I guess the only thing I don't make is my leave in and some other hair cream type things I use. I also make most of my skin product too cause I'm never satisfied with what I buy in the store.

Comment

Today I made:

- flax seed gel
      - whipped shea butter to use as a pomade
      - lighter shea butter mix to use as a sealer

Last week I made a hair/body oil mix that leaves me skin silky smooth after a shower. It's also nice for my scalp. I also mixed some water and avj for an everyday spritz. I did a clay wash and clay mask today too (bentonite clay + coconut milk).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Judah View Post
        Today I made:

- flax seed gel
        - whipped shea butter to use as a pomade
        - lighter shea butter mix to use as a sealer

Last week I made a hair/body oil mix that leaves me skin silky smooth after a shower. It's also nice for my scalp. I also mixed some water and avj for an everyday spritz. I did a clay wash and clay mask today too (bentonite clay + coconut milk).
        I think I'm going to try the flaxseed gel. How do you preserve it

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
          I think I'm going to try the flaxseed gel. How do you preserve it
          I put a little vitamin e oil in it but the shelf life of it is only around 2 weeks. You'll also need to refrigerate it.
          sigpic

Comment

I made a coconut milk shampoo mix:

1/4 cup coconut milk
            1/3 cup liquid castile soap
            1 tsp vitamin E or almond oil
            10-20 drops essential oil

You only need about 1 teaspoon to was hair.
            When you are down to nothing, God is up to something!

Comment

- Lemon Scented Black African Soap : Liquified some of my Black soap with distilled water, small amount of Vitamin E and Almond oil, drops of Lemon EO for scent

- Lemon Scented Body Oil: EVOO, EVCO, Almond oil, Vitamin E, and Lemon EO. Looooove

- Also made some oatmeal bar soap
              Kinkies And Curlies

Prepoo: Coconut Oil & Jojoba Oil
              Shampoo: Creme of Nature: Argan Oil Sulfate-free Shampoo
              DC: Organic Root Stimulator: Olive Oil Replinishing Conditioner w/ Honey & EVOO
              Leave-In: Kinky Curly: Knot Today
              Styler: Shea Moisture: Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel
              Oils: EVOO, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Jojoba, Coconut
              Spritz: Water & Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, Water, & Oils

Comment

For winter I made a chocolate whipped pudding I used
                African Shea butter
                Water
                Coconut oil
                Cocoa powder from trader joes
                I melted the shea and coconut oil added water whipped with a fork then added cocoa powder had soft hair that smelled amazing I eyeballed everything
                I made some flaxseed gel tonight it looks too watery but I put it in the fridge I hope it'll thicken up
                And a kaolin clay hair mask with Shea coconut oil and water maybe next time I'll add aloe Vera or cocoa powder

Comment

Ummm chocolate pudding and coconut milk shampoo! Now yall speaking my language. I just made the gel and I'll let u know how it turns out. I want to make a hair milk with coconut milk. Any suggestions on ingredients. I was thinking glycerine, coconut oil, coconut milk, castor oil? I want to make a lotion like consistency for daily moisture

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Judah View Post
                    I put a little vitamin e oil in it but the shelf life of it is only around 2 weeks. You'll also need to refrigerate it.
                    Thanks for that tip.

Comment

Originally posted by X0hellokitty0x View Post
                      For winter I made a chocolate whipped pudding I used
                      African Shea butter
                      Water
                      Coconut oil
                      Cocoa powder from trader joes
                      I melted the shea and coconut oil added water whipped with a fork then added cocoa powder had soft hair that smelled amazing I eyeballed everything
                      I made some flaxseed gel tonight it looks too watery but I put it in the fridge I hope it'll thicken up
                      And a kaolin clay hair mask with Shea coconut oil and water maybe next time I'll add aloe Vera or cocoa powder
                      I'm def making this. I likes 😃.

Comment

I love the sound of what all of you made. Very creative and inspiring.

Comment

I made the gel. It was really easy and my hair LOVES it. I did flat twist last night and took them out today. No crunch! Def going to use this for buns and stuff as I get longer.

Comment

Lately have made an oil infusion well I made it several weeks ago but finally filtred it recently I used : shikakai, lavander, nettle, henna, rosemary extract, ylang ylang eo, vitamine E
                            As a french I tend to do long sentences and spelling mistakes.. I beg your pardon

My hair love : oils, soap, water, homemade mixes and rhassoul

My blog

sigpic

Comment

Olive oil infused with caledula, rose petal, rosemary, chamoile and comfrey..
                              Im a have try to make my own indian oil infusion..

Comment

Working...
                              X