X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henna, Cassia? Conditioning/Detangling Properties

I'm looking for something to cut down on my detangling time and offer more conditioning properties. Things have really improved with some of the advice given here but my hair is so dense that it still takes some time to detangle and shingle/smooth product through if I want to do wash and go styles.

I was thinking of doing henna and read through the whole henna thread. At this point, I'm really looking for something that conditions or adds slip and helps detangle. I will revisit the issue of color later. What is a good combo for what I'm looking for?

I have 4a/b and 3c hair and looking at my curls, it seems that if they were to loosen, they would turn into waves or maybe be too straight so I'm not sure about loosening my curl pattern. On the other hand, my hair is uber thick so something that would help with keeping it a bit more stretched would be good. Sometimes I keep some of my length if I twist. I can literally see my hair shrinking sometimes after I wash it. I know that shrinkage is inevitable but would any of the henna like items help with that? My hair is already pretty strong so would Amla cause breakage or just condition?
    Last edited by PinkIce; 02-18-2013, 05:24 AM. Reason: Please Delete, Placed in Right Forum--Thanks
    Last relaxer May 2011 BC'ed April 13, 2012
    Simba's Details:
    3C/4a Corkscrew/Fractal/Zigzag Curls
    Density: High Density (Me) Tot: (Medium Density)
    Width: Medium (Me) Tot: (Medium to Fine)
    Porosity: Low Porosity (Me) Tot: (High Porosity)

Simba's Staples: Donna Marie, Camille Rose, GDLI, Organicals, Design Essentials (Organic Cleanse, Twist Lotion, Creme Gel, Mousse), Curls, Bee Mine, Koils By Nature Coco Aloe Deep, Chagrin Valley--Henna Bar and Det. Tea Rinse

Hi!

I use cassia because i dont want the color deposit of henna. I haven't seen any loosening effects from using cassia but my hair tolerates this far better than any other protein treatment I've tried (except curl junkie but that's expensive!). I don't think either henna or cassia with add slip in the traditional sense. However, it will help your hair retain moisture better and smooth the cuticle so I guess your hair will be more manageable.

I also use amla/brahmi oil in my cassia and haven't experienced breakage but my hair is fine/medium so that could be it. HTH and that others will chime in.
    cbl - apl - bsl - mbl - wsl - WHIP - HL

fine/medium, dense, low porosity, 3c/4a/4b
    shamp: CJ daily fix, theraneem gentle
    con: CJ repair me, Naturelle grow dcs
    leave in: SSI marsmallow butter
    seal/style: coiffed sugar foot frosting, gleau oil

Comment

Originally posted by rerope View Post
      Hi!

I use cassia because i dont want the color deposit of henna. I haven't seen any loosening effects from using cassia but my hair tolerates this far better than any other protein treatment I've tried (except curl junkie but that's expensive!). I don't think either henna or cassia with add slip in the traditional sense. However, it will help your hair retain moisture better and smooth the cuticle so I guess your hair will be more manageable.

I also use amla/brahmi oil in my cassia and haven't experienced breakage but my hair is fine/medium so that could be it. HTH and that others will chime in.
      Thanks a ton for your response. I ordered some neutral Henna and also have some Amla coming.

I did use the Henna poo bar from Chagrin Valley along with one of their detangling rinses and I loved the results. I may try a henna gloss to add more vibrance to my hair now that I've seen a few videos on it--the task doesn't look as daunting as I've read about.

I looked at your stats and it seems we have very similar hair properties so I will take a look at more of your posts soon. I also ordered Teressentials Mud Wash to see how well they work. I'm super excited about my hair now that I'm understanding it a little more!! Thanks again
      Last relaxer May 2011 BC'ed April 13, 2012
      Simba's Details:
      3C/4a Corkscrew/Fractal/Zigzag Curls
      Density: High Density (Me) Tot: (Medium Density)
      Width: Medium (Me) Tot: (Medium to Fine)
      Porosity: Low Porosity (Me) Tot: (High Porosity)

Simba's Staples: Donna Marie, Camille Rose, GDLI, Organicals, Design Essentials (Organic Cleanse, Twist Lotion, Creme Gel, Mousse), Curls, Bee Mine, Koils By Nature Coco Aloe Deep, Chagrin Valley--Henna Bar and Det. Tea Rinse

Comment

Working...
      X