Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything You Need To Know About Henna!

Hey Ladies,

I found this article...a one stop shop...with everything you need to know about henna!

It's a long article, but it was a good review for me and I learned some new information! Hope you all find it useful

http://www.byregion.net/articles-healers/Henna.html
    I KNOW I got good hair...It's AFRICAN in my family!

The Long Kiss...Hair Blog

MelMelBee, do you henna or are you just researching???

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyHairJunkie View Post
      MelMelBee, do you henna or are you just researching???
      I've been henna'ing regularly (bi-monthly then monthly) for the past 10 months. My hair loves it!

Comment

I'm building up my nerve to start. I have a lot gray and my strands are thin and could use some help. Maybe in the next couple of months I will do it.

Comment

I'm building up my nerve to start. I have a lot gray and my strands are thin and could use some help. Maybe in the next couple of months I will do it.
          Go for it! I have a few grey strands and henna does turn them red, however it looks so beautiful. I was thinking fire engine red, but it's a cool color red. And the more applications you do, the deeper the red will get. Henna has been the best thing I could've done for my hair along with proper sealing.

Comment

Hey ladies, I too have been trying to Henna but scared as well. I bought a box about 4 months ago but have not used it. The unknown has me

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App
            BrownEyed Natural

Comment

Originally posted by Curllovinmom View Post
              Go for it! I have a few grey strands and henna does turn them red, however it looks so beautiful. I was thinking fire engine red, but it's a cool color red. And the more applications you do, the deeper the red will get. Henna has been the best thing I could've done for my hair along with proper sealing.
              I think I will probably love it once I get started but I think I have to just do it. How many times did it take before it turned your gray and what do you use to seal??

Comment

I think I will probably love it once I get started but I think I have to just do it. How many times did it take before it turned your gray and what do you use to seal??
                My gray strands turned red after the 1st application. The red gets darker each time I henna. I always seal with coconut oil after I rinse the henna out of my hair. If you are hesitant about the color, you can always add indigo or just do a patch test before you commit. I was scared too, but I just did it, absolutely the best thing for my hair. It is so much stronger and appears to be so much thicker. My husband noticed that my hair was thicker, enough said!

Comment

I too love Henna. Im doing it tonight and I cant wait!! I was actually surprised how red it turned out. Its not too bright but it looks really well in the sunlight. I love it! Go for it!

Comment

*bump*

Some good info for new Henna users

Comment

***bumping again***

Alot of the newer questions can be answered in this article (on page 1)
                      Last edited by MelMelBee; 06-25-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Cousin you're awesome!! Thanks for this. I'm so scared!

JusBnNappy from my iPhone
                        Big Chop: 5/20/2011

"Don't Remove the Kinks from your hair... Remove them from your Brain."

~ Marcus Garvey ~

ChocolateHairAffair - http://www.youtube.com/user/JusBnNappy

Twitter: @ChocHairAffair

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
                        ~India Arie~

Comment

Thanks this is very helpful. I'm trying Henna for the 1st time as I type. Very excited to see the results.

Thanks CurlyGirls,

Last Perm 08/08
                          Big Chop 07/09

Comment

Does henna work if you workout and sweat a lot? That's one of the only reasons why I have always gotten permanent color; because I sweat like crazy and don't want anything running down my face and neck when I sweat.
                            B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
                              Does henna work if you workout and sweat a lot? That's one of the only reasons why I have always gotten permanent color; because I sweat like crazy and don't want anything running down my face and neck when I sweat.
                              LOL! Henna is not like good ole Jazzing...haha! Henna does not sit on top of the hair, but is absorbed into the cortex of your hair, so it will not "drip" or run. The only way you will see some (and I mean very little) running, is if you don't wash it completely out of your hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X