Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henna help

Hi curly lovers
    I am almost 10 mos. in and I've been thinking about henna-ing my hair. I order my henna yesterday and it'll be here soon. How do I do this? What do I need? I've read a lot about what I need to buy the types of henna. But now what? What is the best recipe?
    The following pictures are not mine just what I'd like my hair color to look like
    Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
    Any help would be awesome

Mrs. NaturalSkky
    Attached Files

Hey Mrs. NaturalSkky

What type of henna are you using? Since u are new at using henna I would say just keep it simple. Use water, green tea, and whatever hair oil you already use. Please make sure you deep condition afterwards for at least an hour or more. HTH

P.S. go to www.hennasooq.com and hennablogspot.com for great henna info. This is where I buy all my herbs.

Sent from my MB855 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Naturalskky View Post
      Hi curly lovers
      I am almost 10 mos. in and I've been thinking about henna-ing my hair. I order my henna yesterday and it'll be here soon. How do I do this? What do I need? I've read a lot about what I need to buy the types of henna. But now what? What is the best recipe?
      The following pictures are not mine just what I'd like my hair color to look like
      Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
      Any help would be awesome

Mrs. NaturalSkky
      I'm such a henna head, it's unreal. I use Jamila BAQ henna and LUSH Henna blocks (when I'm feeling fancy). The best thing to do is keep your recipe simple, until you get the hang of it ... Once you've got it down you could probably get a bit more fancy or just leave well enough alone. Also, color is a process ... it'll take a few applications for the color deposit to be as vibrant as the ladies in the pics - I see you attached Shelli (of Hairscapades). You should check out how she does it. Happy henna'ing!

~NeeC1
      Attached Files
      No one should work harder FOR you ... THAN you. Self-reliability - get you some!

Comment

Unless u have the same type of hair type and curl pattern as the pics u posted, u won't get those same results. I henna and it turns my grays red. But I have only hennaed about 4 times. It does make my hair soft and seems very healthy afterwards, but my curl pattern or texture has not changed. I follow CurlyNikki's tutorial on Henna on her website very simple!!!!!
        Hope this helps.

Comment

I've been hennaing my hair for 2 years and those colors more than likely wont be produced from henna unless you have greys or another color in your hair currently that the henna will go over and change. Or unless the henna you ordered is chemically enhanced.

I used jamila henna, I've used other hennas with high lawsone content but jamila produces the best for me.

What are you trying to achieve from henna?. I love that its a conditioning treatment. It strengthens my hair and adds shine to it as well. If I could get more color if take it but the color won't show much unless you're a brown shade of hair color naturally.
          Naturally me

No makeup - No relaxer - Just as I am!
          http://www.naturalandprofessional.blogspot.com/

Comment

Use henna, egg and olive oil mixture work wonders for hair. Donít use henna without oil, it can dry the hair too much.
            Last edited by katherinejohn; 02-07-2013, 12:32 AM.
            Beauty Salon in Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

Comment

Working...
            X