X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Henna or Not??

I have been thinking about doing henna to strengthen my hair and add color, but I have a few concerns. I have thin hair and I was wondering if henna would loosen my curl pattern. I have 4a/b hair and my hair gets almost straight on the sides from doing a twist out. Also, I have been using a box color and my hair color is copper. Could I use henna on top of my current color? Any advice would be greatly appreciated😃

Hi there I can only comment on where of your questions. Henna won't loosen your curl pattern. Little to none if any at all. Check the mehandi site for concerns on henna and coloring.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using CurlyNikki App
    Naturally me

No makeup - No relaxer - Just as I am!
    http://www.naturalandprofessional.blogspot.com/

Comment

Henna probably won't loosen your curls much if at all. My hair is very fine and I love that henna strengthens my hair, it feels thicker and I don't get the tangles I did before henna. You can henna over a box dye, however you shouldn't try box dye over henna. Henna is a permanent coating on the hair and box dye either won't get through or will give uncertain results. Go to the henna for hair (Mehandi.com) website. Check out the ebook. The owner has literally written the book on Henna. Its good information even if you buy your henna elsewhere.

Henna for Hair
      Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
      Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
      Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
      Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
      Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the advice ladies!! I will definitely checkout the mehandi website.

Comment

I wanted to dye my hair with henna but a couple of my teachers in cos school said you shouldn't bleach over henna. Eventually I would want to lighten my hair and I've read stories online of ppl not knowing you shouldn't bleach over henna and their hair snapped off. I'm not sure If it happens to everyone but I'm not taking the risk

Comment

Originally posted by Candice898 View Post
            I wanted to dye my hair with henna but a couple of my teachers in cos school said you shouldn't bleach over henna. Eventually I would want to lighten my hair and I've read stories online of ppl not knowing you shouldn't bleach over henna and their hair snapped off. I'm not sure If it happens to everyone but I'm not taking the risk

Your cos teacher is right. Henna is not for you if bleaching is in your near future. Henna also does not lighten dark hair. So if you have dark brown, black hair, the henna is only going to coat it not lighten and color it red. You might see a kind of glow in sunlight and bright lights.
            Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
            Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
            Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
            Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
            Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Attachment

trying this out
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X