Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
DC W/Peppermint Oil I am looking for a Base thats natural any suggestions Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC W/Peppermint Oil I am looking for a Base thats natural any suggestions

A new thing I am doing to DC is use peppermint oil with my Quick Cap.
    I would like to add shea butter or a base to the oil but I am not sure what to use that is 100% natural.

Originally posted by Wavy-N-Sexy View Post
    A new thing I am doing to DC is use peppermint oil with my Quick Cap.
    I would like to add shea butter or a base to the oil but I am not sure what to use that is 100% natural.
    Okay, if you are talking about peppermint essential oil, you should add it to a carrier oil in less than 1%.

Good oils to use as the carrier. These are great because you can buy them locally.
    Olive oil- doesn't have to be virgin, pure is fine.
    Smart Balance cooking oil - a mix of canola, soy, olive and vitamin e oils. All oils that are good for skin and hair (inside and out)
    Coconut oil - supermarket brand is fine. Just read the ingredients to make sure its only coconut.

Add one or two drops of peppermint oil to 2 ounces of carrier oil. Peppermint oil in too large an amount will irritate your skin.
    Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
    Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
    Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
    Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
    Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X