Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is water good or bad for hair?

I'm so confused beca

I'm so confused because some people say it moisturizes other people says it dries out our hair.

Comment

Hahah, its good for your hair. It's where pretty much all moisture stems from. Some people say it is bad because they are not taking properly care of their hair when they wash it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
      Learning to love my 3c/4a hair for what it is each and every day. I'm in a 2 year waist length challenge, currently collarbone length. Never relaxed, but used excessive heat in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by isacurls View Post
        I'm so confused because some people say it moisturizes other people says it dries out our hair.
        I heard that 2. It's minerals, calcium and other things in TAP water that dries some people hair out. Some invest in filters and see a difference in their hair.

So, I guess it depends on who you ask, because it can vary. Everyone's hair is different. Water dries out some people's hair, when on the other hand, some people it doesn't bother their hair at all.....

But I have heard others speak about this before.
        Free your mind and the rest will Follow

Comment

Lol ok because I don't know how often is best to wash my hair lol because some say its good others is bad.

Comment

Lol ok because I don't know how often is best to wash my hair lol because some say its good others is bad.
            Let your hair be your guide. Trial and Error is the name of the game. At least that's the conclusion I came 2. I started out washing my hair every day and my hair was like "hell 2 the nah"( dry as all get out). So, I slowed up on the washes and my hair said hell to the yeah lol...( go figure ). It's different for everyone.

Conclusion: Always listen to your hair. Trial and error. Eventually, you will have all of this down packed! Just keep at it. Good Luck on your journey!
            Free your mind and the rest will Follow

Comment

from my research, water is good for moisture, but it is also bad because it alters the hair structure and weighs it down due to the water weight--this weight makes the hair vulnerable because it stretches the hair to capacity and this can be a weakness that causes breakage. if the water is hard, that can be an issue as well. but....as one posted stated listen to your hair, but do know that does make the hair weak due to the stretching and altering of the structure...
              "The will of God will never take you, where the grace of God will not protect you"

"No gem is ever polished without friction"

Comment

Lol thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Symfony View Post
                  from my research, water is good for moisture, but it is also bad because it alters the hair structure and weighs it down due to the water weight--this weight makes the hair vulnerable because it stretches the hair to capacity and this can be a weakness that causes breakage. if the water is hard, that can be an issue as well. but....as one posted stated listen to your hair, but do know that does make the hair weak due to the stretching and altering of the structure...
                  Exactly! I believe the term is called Hygral Fatigue. My ends suffered from it and I had to get about 1/2 to 1 inch cut off throughout my one year because of it.
                  B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

I never had a bad effect on my hair .

Comment

In my opinion, water is the ultimate moisturizer it's usually the first ingredient in most hair products

Comment

I soo agree. People say that water damages there hair but I don't understand.

Comment

Unless its hard water or dirty water... But if that's the case a filter, bottled water, boiled, distilled, or rain water is fine to use as long as it's clean water

Comment

Working...
                          X