X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the regular biotin post....

My husband was shaving for work when I barged in the bathroom....not wanting nothing. He asks if I need him for something. I said no. This joker says...you sure? I mean since you in here and all...I can uhh line that mustache up for you! I was like hush meanwhile looking in the mirror and dizzzzamn I indeed had noticeable hair.

I took some cornrows out and did a quick length check 2 days ago..and I had noticeable growth there too. I knew it was biotin bc that's the only thing different I have done over the last month. Then of course the mustache really let me know the biotin is working.

Anywho off to the store for a BAG of razors and/or facial wax lol....but the "stache" has to go.

*****oh yea and I got acne too...up'd my water intake of course and keeping my face and pillowcases (satin pillow case incase I dnt tie my hair up so I know some of my products are on it) clean.
    Natural since Sept 2010 (July if count the two perms I sweated out in the Houston heat)

International and natural.....Inter-N-A-T-U-R -A-L

****One Day*****

LAWD!!!!! I don't need to be reading this. I definitely don't need/want ANY facial hair. What's the dosage of Biotin that ur taking? I started taking mine about 3 weeks ago and I haven't noticed any hair growth in unwanted areas. Now ur gonna have me taking a microscope to my face and stuff lol.
    Last Relaxer: May 2009
    BC: June 3, 2009
    Texturized: Mid 2010
    Last Texturizer: August 3, 2012

My Staples:
    AIA Coconut Co-Wash
    KCCC
    AIA HE
    KCKT
    NH Strengthen and Growth Serum
    SMCES
    Elasta QP Mango Butter

Comment

Yep! Biotin does that lols. Even my underarm hair grows quickly!! But I gotra say, my hair grows, my eyelashes and eyebrows too. So I can't give up my biotin lols.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App
      I am Cool

Comment

Originally posted by CoilyCrimpyJen View Post
        LAWD!!!!! I don't need to be reading this. I definitely don't need/want ANY facial hair. What's the dosage of Biotin that ur taking? I started taking mine about 3 weeks ago and I haven't noticed any hair growth in unwanted areas. Now ur gonna have me taking a microscope to my face and stuff lol.
        I started taking two 1000mcg but I dropped it to just one a day to see if the acne would clear up. But I just started taking two again. Lol not a microscope!!!
        Natural since Sept 2010 (July if count the two perms I sweated out in the Houston heat)

****One Day*****

Comment

Originally posted by Curlytabby View Post
          Yep! Biotin does that lols. Even my underarm hair grows quickly!! But I gotra say, my hair grows, my eyelashes and eyebrows too. So I can't give up my biotin lols.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App
          Yes I ain't giving it up either. My eyebrows are bushy I was getting them done once every two wks now I go weekly!

****One Day*****

Comment

Originally posted by internatural View Post
            I started taking two 1000mcg but I dropped it to just one a day to see if the acne would clear up. But I just started taking two again. Lol not a microscope!!!
            Ohhhhh u doubled the dosage. Yeahhhhhh imma stick with the one pill hahaha. We'll see how that works. I have a 60 day supply and a bottle of Hairfinity. I plan on using that after I run out of Biotin. Did the acne clear up any? How long did u do one a day before u started back with 2?

My Staples:
            AIA Coconut Co-Wash
            KCCC
            AIA HE
            KCKT
            SMCES
            Elasta QP Mango Butter

Comment

Originally posted by CoilyCrimpyJen View Post
              Ohhhhh u doubled the dosage. Yeahhhhhh imma stick with the one pill hahaha. We'll see how that works. I have a 60 day supply and a bottle of Hairfinity. I plan on using that after I run out of Biotin. Did the acne clear up any? How long did u do one a day before u started back with 2?
              I saw some ladies taking up to 5 a day...the bottle says take anywhere from 1-5 a day. So I sd hmmm I'll start with two. I dropped it down to one a day for about a wk and half to see if that would improve acne...didn't do much which is why I switched back to two a day. The acne has gotten better. Like I said I keep my face clean with Clinique face system which I've been using for two yrs...love the stuff. But I also added a face mask facial thing once a week. It's an avocado and oatmeal mixed in a bentonite clay. Between the two my face has cleared up. Oh yea and I wash my pillow cases two a wk. before it was once a week. Also make sure you drink plenty of water to help flush out what your body won't use. I was proud I drank 8 glasses of water yesterday I'm gonna try again today lol.

Doesn't the hair finite have biotin in them? I know I take an everyday womans vitamin and it doesn't have it in there. Keep me posted on your growth!

****One Day*****

Comment

I was looking for something to grow my brows back with after a bad brow waxing years ago. Thanks for the info. I am supposed to start the Hairfinity this weekend, not a fan of the size or smell. If I can't take it I will switch to Biotin.

Comment

Originally posted by Meka1 View Post
                  I was looking for something to grow my brows back with after a bad brow waxing years ago. Thanks for the info. I am supposed to start the Hairfinity this weekend, not a fan of the size or smell. If I can't take it I will switch to Biotin.
                  Oh yes biotin pills are sooo small. But if you do switch be sure to still take a women's vitamin of some kind!

****One Day*****

Comment

Will do! Thanks for the great info.

Comment

I have been taking Jarrow brand 5000mcg biotin 1x a day for at least 3 yrs and my nails are stronger, my hair has grown faster everywhere, but not on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by coilykinks View Post
                        I have been taking Jarrow brand 5000mcg biotin 1x a day for at least 3 yrs and my nails are stronger, my hair has grown faster everywhere, but not on my face.
                        I think the ones I use are natures way or nature something. But I'll look for those. Bc these are take 1-5xday which equals 1000-5000mcg a day. Anywho does your hair still grow at the same rate as when you first started taking them? Hopefully the whole extra body hair will subside but for now I'll just keep my razor handy. Also I really could benefit from stronger nails so maybe a 5000mcg wil work for me. I'm gna google marrow to see what stores around me sale them. Thanks for the info!

****One Day*****

Comment

Originally posted by coilykinks View Post
                          It has good reviews on amazon...which I use a lot. But the more you buy the cheaper it gets. I have less than half a bottle so I will give these a go! Thanks for posting!

****One Day*****

Comment

I think the ones I use are natures way or nature something. But I'll look for those. Bc these are take 1-5xday which equals 1000-5000mcg a day. Anywho does your hair still grow at the same rate as when you first started taking them? Hopefully the whole extra body hair will subside but for now I'll just keep my razor handy. Also I really could benefit from stronger nails so maybe a 5000mcg wil work for me. I'm gna google marrow to see what stores around me sale them. Thanks for the info!
                            I just looked the up...you can find them on vitacost.com. I purchase most of my vitamins there. I have a supply of hair,nail, and skin now. But I will try these after I'm finished!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using CurlyNikki App
                            Twitter: @HAUTE219
                            Instagram: Kamiele1908
                            Last Relaxer: January 2010
                            Transitioned 19 months
                            Big Chopped 7 inches 8.19.2011
                            Current Length: APL (when stretched).
                            Goal: Shoulder-length Twist-out & a SUCCESSFUL WASH-N-GO by Summer 2013
                            No heat...No worries!!

Comment

I saw some ladies taking up to 5 a day...the bottle says take anywhere from 1-5 a day. So I sd hmmm I'll start with two. I dropped it down to one a day for about a wk and half to see if that would improve acne...didn't do much which is why I switched back to two a day. The acne has gotten better. Like I said I keep my face clean with Clinique face system which I've been using for two yrs...love the stuff. But I also added a face mask facial thing once a week. It's an avocado and oatmeal mixed in a bentonite clay. Between the two my face has cleared up. Oh yea and I wash my pillow cases two a wk. before it was once a week. Also make sure you drink plenty of water to help flush out what your body won't use. I was proud I drank 8 glasses of water yesterday I'm gonna try again today lol.

Doesn't the hair finite have biotin in them? I know I take an everyday womans vitamin and it doesn't have it in there. Keep me posted on your growth!
                              5 a day?!?? That's crazy!!! I can't swallow that many pills a day lol. How are u doing with ur water intake? I need to up mine drastically. I have crazy growth so far but for health reasons I need more water. Oh and yeah the Hairfinity vitamins has 2500mcg of biotin in them. I just posted a pic in the "transitioners post your new growth" thread. I'm 19 weeks post texturizure and ready to cut these scraggly ends lol. I'll do a side by side of me at 7 weeks and now. It'll be posted in my blog, on here, tomorrow. 😊

My Staples:
                              AIA Coconut Co-Wash
                              KCCC
                              AIA HE
                              KCKT
                              SMCES
                              Elasta QP Mango Butter