X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Length Goal?

Hey ladies! So my cousin just sat here and said that your hair eventually stops growing when I told her what goal length was 20" in 4 years. She said, "you are not gonna get 20 inches in 4 years, hair eventually stops growing" I'm looking crazy like what sense does that make? I said, ok just wait and see.

So, my hair length goal is at least 20 inches in 4 yrs.
    WHAT'S YOURS?

th
    September 20, 2011 = Last Relaxer

Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/usnaturalgirls
    BIG CHOP VIDEO>>> http://youtu.be/5l6Fa3sDm-o

My hair goal is atleast APL in 3 years. I'm one year & one month in, so we shall see!
    fearfully & wonderfully made - Psalms 139:14.

Current Products
    Prepoo: coconut oil & extra virgin olive oil
    Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Poo/CH Mud&Clay Bar
    Conditioner: HE Honey I'm Strong/HE Totally Twisted
    Stylers: Eco Olive Oil Gel/AIAN Curling Jelly/Shea Butter Mix/SM Deep Treatment Masque
    Butters/Moisturizers: Shea Butter Mix/SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie/Reve Essentials

Comment

Originally posted by Tranita View Post
      Hey ladies! So my cousin just sat here and said that your hair eventually stops growing when I told her what goal length was 20" in 4 years. She said, "you are not gonna get 20 inches in 4 years, hair eventually stops growing" I'm looking crazy like what sense does that make? I said, ok just wait and see.

So, my hair length goal is at least 20 inches in 4 yrs.
      WHAT'S YOURS?

th
      Well it is kinda true...our hair has something called its terminal length...it is the longest length your hair can grow before shedding...each follicle produces about 20 strands over our lifetime and there are different phases in which our hair grows...our hair grows for a certain length of time before shedding not after a certain length it sheds if that makes sense...you should read the science of black hair it explains it really well...but this doesn't mean we can't reach our hair goals or that it is impossible to grow to certain lengths

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
      Last relaxer november 2011
      Big chopped august 3,2012

Comment

Originally posted by chiquita View Post
        Well it is kinda true...our hair has something called its terminal length...it is the longest length your hair can grow before shedding...each follicle produces about 20 strands over our lifetime and there are different phases in which our hair grows...our hair grows for a certain length of time before shedding not after a certain length it sheds if that makes sense...you should read the science of black hair it explains it really well...but this doesn't mean we can't reach our hair goals or that it is impossible to grow to certain lengths

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
        I understand shedding but she is basically thinking of it as how relaxed hair stayed that one length.
        September 20, 2011 = Last Relaxer

Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/usnaturalgirls
        BIG CHOP VIDEO>>> http://youtu.be/5l6Fa3sDm-o

Comment

My goal length is waist length in 2 years, apl by the end of summer and if I make that id like to be bra strap length by spring break 2013

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

My hair goal is BSL by the end of April 2013 and MBL or WL by my graduation May 2014. I have a short term goal of touching APL by the end of the summer, if not at least by the end of 2012.

Sent from my MB520 using CurlyNikki App
            5 years natural August 2012

2 years curly July 2012

Check out my blog: hairevolution.tumblr.com
            Leave comments here on CN: Evolution of Hair: A Picture Blog

Comment

I want MBL in 3 years.
              PJ and proud of it.
              BC 7/17/11

Comment

The back of my head is just grazing the bra strap when stretched, but the front and sides have always been shorter. I can tell that when my hair gets longer it'll take on a "v" shape. So for now my.goal is for the front and sides to finally grow past my collarbone

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App

Comment

My goal is WL. I was natural until I was 17 years old. Way back then my hair was WL. I thought it would be nice to get back to that length. I don't have a timeframe. However long it takes to get there is fine with me.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

My goal is: at the shortest, midback and at the longest, waistlength. =)

This isn't an unresonable desire. These lengths are in my blood. Now it's up to me to treat my hair right! Oh no!

Sent from my SGH-T759 using CurlyNikki App
                    Am I AMUSING you or just CONFUSING you, am I the Beast you visualized...?

Comment

My hair grows so dang slow even with all my protective styling .. I'll be 3 years natural in sept 19-29th and I'm not even apl yet... My hair is about 8-9 inches... Ill do measurements once I take kinky twist out... But at this point I'd be happy with being full apl...:-(

http://www.youtube.com/beginningnew

Comment

BSL by the end of this year...once it gets to waist length, i will probably just maintain it there or go between bsl and wl...any longer is expensive! Can you imagine the amount of products needed?

Comment

I want BSL by 2013 and I will be happy with that !!

Follow my blog at www.urnatural.blogspot.com
                          && my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hkbeautiigurl?feature=guide

Comment

My goal is APL! After that I will let it grow longer if possible but I dont think I will let it get to WL... I am wayyy too busy to maintain all of that hair lol
                            BC: 5/8/12 never felt more beautiful<3
                            Last relaxer:April 2010

Comment

Shoulder length , all the way around , with shrinkage .
                              Im tired of bangs , but my bangs are my slowest part growing on my head right now .
                              By next year I expect to have shoulder length in the back . But it will prob be until 2013 until my bangs hit my chin . They are right above my eyebrows now :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                              X