X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you noticed...

...About yourself in regards to permed hair, weaves, wigs, etc? I was the QUEEN of curly hair... Had to have curly ponytails, curled doobie, curly half wigs, curly micros... LOVE curly hair... So why did it take me so long to go natural? I think I've always had that negative connotation in the back of my mind as far as natural hair being 'nappy' and not curly.

I was sitting idle at a red light and looked over and saw a hair store and was numb. I didn't think the stuff I saw was pretty/unpretty, it was more like hmph... Interesting lol.

I totally don't miss that stuff. Maybe I'll toy with flat ironing my hair or even trying out half wigs in the winter, but for right night I feel satisfied.... I feel full... :-)

While I admire someone who has beautiful hair (whether straight and permed or weaved up) I like the 'game' of seeking out those curly naturals... Lol!

What have u noticed about your own opinion in regards to seeing people with permed/etc hair?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki 

Originally posted by Roxanne View Post
    ...About yourself in regards to permed hair, weaves, wigs, etc? I was the QUEEN of curly hair... Had to have curly ponytails, curled doobie, curly half wigs, curly micros... LOVE curly hair... So why did it take me so long to go natural? I think I've always had that negative connotation in the back of my mind as far as natural hair being 'nappy' and not curly.

I was sitting idle at a red light and looked over and saw a hair store and was numb. I didn't think the stuff I saw was pretty/unpretty, it was more like hmph... Interesting lol.

I totally don't miss that stuff. Maybe I'll toy with flat ironing my hair or even trying out half wigs in the winter, but for right night I feel satisfied.... I feel full... :-)

While I admire someone who has beautiful hair (whether straight and permed or weaved up) I like the 'game' of seeking out those curly naturals... Lol!

What have u noticed about your own opinion in regards to seeing people with permed/etc hair?

Honestly, I shake my head when I see a relaxed women with a pretty face but with short scraggly hair trying to cover up the immense damage with weave. I think, if only they would give their real hair a try..... Healthy hair makes a HUGE difference in a women's appearance.
    However, when I see relaxed women with healthy hair, it look beautiful to me. For me its not about relaxed or natural, I just hate to see a girl rocking unhealthy hair.
    Type 4a/3c
    Low porosity
    1" past APL, YAY!
    Favorite Quote:
    Fake hair, fake nails, fake lashes,. Honney, you sure you weren't made in China? ....Brother

Comment

It's so funny how your mind readjusts. My mind consciously looks for other naturals out there. Someone with natural hair automatically pops out to me now. I'll see their hair and think "wow, that looks great" or "OOH, I'll have to try that on my hair." It's almost like I have this thrill when I see another person rocking their natural hair.

It's not that relaxed hair doesn't still look pretty, but it doesn't register on my radar like it used to. In fact, when I see someone with a relaxer, I end up cringing because I think about not just the chemicals, but the hairstyle that you know they used flat irons and curling irons to achieve and all of that's just doing damage to the hair.
      LAST RELAXER: JUNE 20, 2010 / BIG CHOP: AUGUST 3, 2011
      CHECK OUT MY BLOG: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...ce-new-me.html

Comment

Originally posted by truthinmyheart View Post
        Honestly, I shake my head when I see a relaxed women with a pretty face but with short scraggly hair trying to cover up the immense damage with weave. I think, if only they would give their real hair a try..... Healthy hair makes a HUGE difference in a women's appearance.
        However, when I see relaxed women with healthy hair, it look beautiful to me. For me its not about relaxed or natural, I just hate to see a girl rocking unhealthy hair.
        Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by braidsntwists View Post
          It's so funny how your mind readjusts. My mind consciously looks for other naturals out there. Someone with natural hair automatically pops out to me now. I'll see their hair and think "wow, that looks great" or "OOH, I'll have to try that on my hair." It's almost like I have this thrill when I see another person rocking their natural hair.

It's not that relaxed hair doesn't still look pretty, but it doesn't register on my radar like it used to. In fact, when I see someone with a relaxer, I end up cringing because I think about not just the chemicals, but the hairstyle that you know they used flat irons and curling irons to achieve and all of that's just doing damage to the hair.
          I totally agree with everything u just said!

Comment

I too seek out the naturals. I ran into one at the store the other day and I approached her and we had a nice conversation. She had been natural 3 years and her daughter since she was 11. I have no problem talking to other naturals and they are just as excited as I am.

When I see women with relaxers/weaves/wigs. I look real hard and think to myself...her hair is breaking, she has new growth, it doesn't even look good, I wonder how much time she spent at the salon, and on top of it, they spend all that time and money on weaves and the weaves don't even last a full month! And that is with human hair. Been there done all of that!

I get looks and stares but never approached...yet. Its like they want to say something but are afraid to??

Love being Natural
            BC: 2 inches cut off from remaining relaxer 04/01/2011
            4C
            Kimmaytube leave in
            Sheabutter mix
            WATER
            Oils

Comment

Lol I actually have no problem with permed hair on other women. my best friend hair is permed, but its thick ,beautiful, long and growing. She never had a problem with perms. Now me is a different story my hair hate is with a passion.

I have seen other naturals and have transitioning hair friends and its beautiful. I don't judge or feel bad when I see someone with really bad permed hair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I've never been relaxed, but I have worn weave before. I give props to healthy hair and good-looking weaves, but when I see a bad weave/wig or scraggly/chewed/see through relaxed hair I always say to myself "you CANNOT think that THAT MESS looks better than your natural hair".
                Rocking this head of curls since June 3, 1982!

Yeah, I have GOOD HAIR, and SO DO YOU!

Comment

I don't judge women with perms either, but when its looking crazy and broke off and they really think they are looking hot, I have a problem with it. I don't say anything I just think to myself. Like I stated before, I have been there and dont all of that.

I would not be fooled by women with thick relaxed hair. Eventually that lye is going to eat away at that "thick" hair and over the years it becomes thin and brittle, and starts to shed. OAN: There are women that have beautiful relaxed hair....for now.

Love being Natural
                  BC: 2 inches cut off from remaining relaxer 04/01/2011
                  4C
                  Kimmaytube leave in
                  Sheabutter mix
                  WATER
                  Oils

Comment

Originally posted by braidsntwists View Post

Hello I agree! My mind have adjust ever since I started transitioning! And I also cringe at relaxer especially the thin looking ones :/

Sent from my Comet using CurlyNikki App
                    I am Cool

Comment

Lol so funny...

Comment

I thought about this on Sat night. I was at the CN meet up and there were a few girls there with wigs and some ugly quick weaves. It just confused me. You are with your sisters. And yet you still don't feel comfortable in your natural hair. It's like going to a event for your sorority and not wearing the colors.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
                        Last Relaxer: June 17,2010
                        Gave Relaxed Ends the Boot: June 14,2011

Comment

I have no prob wit weaves or perms but i was at disney downtown and this girls lace front was a HOT mess lol and i went to universal and i saww soooo many curlies fron short to long hair it was crazy lol nd i saw this guy wit SL curly hair i just wanted to touch it damn he was sexy haha

Comment

I dont think my views have changed. I dont ever care too much abt what the next person is doing. I do love seeing naturals WITH THEIR HAIR ON POINT. When I see naturals looking a hot d@mn mess, it does make me cringe in my head. And just generally unhealthy hair is always sad 2 look at. Poor Lil Tink Tink.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App
                            "Real hair, real nails, and real eyes bring real guys." -Common
                            OfficialVenusVsMars on IG
                            @PerfectlyHood on Twitter!
                            http://www.nyenzo.com

Venus vs Mars Blog on Facebook! Make sure to like the page!
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Venus-...57562550954275

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Hood View Post
                              I dont think my views have changed. I dont ever care too much abt what the next person is doing. I do love seeing naturals WITH THEIR HAIR ON POINT. When I see naturals looking a hot d@mn mess, it does make me cringe in my head. And just generally unhealthy hair is always sad 2 look at. Poor Lil Tink Tink.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App
                              Lol @ Poor lil tink tink.

Comment

Working...
                              X