X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease who use it?

Ok so I started using grease again..Idc bout what they say don't use on ur hair. It worked for me as a child and its working now. Who else use grease? Love the results? What kind? I use Indian hemp by softee..only 1.80..love the price the smell and results

Originally posted by Kinky_coils92 View Post
    Ok so I started using grease again..Idc bout what they say don't use on ur hair. It worked for me as a child and its working now. Who else use grease? Love the results? What kind? I use Indian hemp by softee..only 1.80..love the price the smell and results
    I find that grease and water are the only things that work on my hair. You know what they say if it isn't broken don't fix it

Comment

I use Africas Best and it keeps my hair soft.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Vaseline user right here...
        ●BC'ed @ 22 mo. post,May 2012.
        (Living in sub-tropical humidity hell)

Staple styles: "Band" outs, WNG, banded ponytail
        Stable Products: Aussie Miraculously Smooth (rinse out+leave in), Giovanni (DC+Shampoo), JBCO, Grease/wax, any type of glycerin free gel

Comment

Do a search under Curly Products for "Grease is Back" and you'll find a great thread.

I used to use Dax Coconut oil grease to seal. The only reason I stopped is because silicone serums work so much better. I use it on my skin in the winter.

Also, Lorraine Massey, author of "The Curly Girl Method" is the one who said not to use grease, silicones, mineral oil and everything else that is good for our hair. Her badly researched method infected the hair community. Then she pimped her own products.
          Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
            Do a search under Curly Products for "Grease is Back" and you'll find a great thread.

I used to use Dax Coconut oil grease to seal. The only reason I stopped is because silicone serums work so much better. I use it on my skin in the winter.

Also, Lorraine Massey, author of "The Curly Girl Method" is the one who said not to use grease, silicones, mineral oil and everything else that is good for our hair. Her badly researched method infected the hair community. Then she pimped her own products.
            I wonder what proof she had to say these things were bad for our hair. I have to read up on her

Comment

I would try using some of Dax new greases that are mineral oil free

Here's the link for samples
              However, if you would still like to try samples of some of our products you can buy them off our website at http://www.imperialdax.com/store/pro...les-59-12.html . For $3.00 you will receive four samples of our ROOTS Hair Mayonnaise, ROOTS Bergamot Butter, ROOTS Olive Cream, ROOTS Jojoba Oil, Neat Waves, Pomade, Black Beeswax, Removing Shampoo, and Restoring Conditioner. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.Attachment

Instagram @mrsjackiesfort
              Attached Files

Comment

I just recently started using pink grocomplex to grease my scalp. I used it in my relaxed days on my hair and scalp, and my hair was always flowing down my back. The oils just aren't heavy enough to keep my scalp from itching during these winter days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by AngieCharme View Post
                  I wonder what proof she had to say these things were bad for our hair. I have to read up on her
                  I can't find the "grease is back" thread can u send the link please ?

Comment

Originally posted by AngieCharme View Post
                    Bad research was her proof. By the time she rescinded her bad information, it had already spread across the hair communities.

She didn't say they were bad for our hair, but she said if you weren't going to shampoo your hair, don't use products that would need to be shampooed out, such as grease, silicones and mineral oil.
                    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

You have to do a title search.
                      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Here's the link ~ http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...ease-back.html

Comment

+1000000000.....what is good for OUR hair isnt good for white hair, which Lorraine is....they dont like "greasy" hair just keeping it real. I dont understand why someone with African hair would follow European standards for curly hair!
                          Transitioned for 20 months Sept 1, 2011-May 8, 2013
                          Hair Info: 4a, fine strands, high density
                          Cant live without:
                          Cantu SB Leave In & Curls Cashmere Curls Jelly

Comment

Lmao @ "infected the hair community"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rayven View Post
                              +1000000000.....what is good for OUR hair isnt good for white hair, which Lorraine is....they dont like "greasy" hair just keeping it real. I dont understand why someone with African hair would follow European standards for curly hair!
                              +1000000 agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X