X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I do the porosity test right?

So I think I have low porosity, but maybe I did it wrong.

So I had a glass cup and in the shower I got a shed hair, I saw the bulb, filled up the water and put it in. It didn't sink at all. I figured it didn't sink because it was a circle (it was still coiled) so after the shower, I took it out and tried to un coil it, but it knotted. Part of it sunk but not all the way down, the part w/ the most hair (like the knotted part) stayed right on top. The part right underneath the water had water bubbles formed around the strands.

So do you think it was low or high, or should I just do it again the next time I shampoo?

ETA: Whoops maybe I should've asked this in the random hair questions thread rather than making a whole new thread... oh well.
    Last edited by NaturalBlackjack; 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM.
    Last Relaxer: The End Of August/2011 Big Chopped: November 2nd 2012

Originally posted by NaturalBlackjack View Post
    So I think I have low porosity, but maybe I did it wrong.

So I had a glass cup and in the shower I got a shed hair, I saw the bulb, filled up the water and put it in. It didn't sink at all. I figured it didn't sink because it was a circle (it was still coiled) so after the shower, I took it out and tried to un coil it, but it knotted. Part of it sunk but not all the way down, the part w/ the most hair (like the knotted part) stayed right on top. The part right underneath the water had water bubbles formed around the strands.

So do you think it was low or high, or should I just do it again the next time I shampoo?

ETA: Whoops maybe I should've asked this in the random hair questions thread rather than making a whole new thread... oh well.
    I think that you would get a better response if you post this in the "All things low porosity" thread in the Natural Hair Support section.

I did not use the water test to determine my hair's porosity because I found it to be very confusing. I had my hair analyzed at profilehttp://livecurlylivefree.com/hair%20analysis.htm
    Last Perm: 9/09 BC: 9/10 Hair= 4a/b, fine, low elasticity & low porosity

Favorite Products: Giovanni SAS Shampoo and Conditioner, GDLI and Kimmaytube Leave In with GDLI. Non Giovanni = Vatika oil, Cherry Lola Treatment; Styler and Sealer = Carol's Daughter Marguerite's Magic

"Never let success go to your head or failure go to your heart"

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Esq View Post
      I did not use the water test to determine my hair's porosity because I found it to be very confusing. I had my hair analyzed at profilehttp://livecurlylivefree.com/hair%20analysis.htm
      I already know I'm low-porosity, but I've been thinking about purchasing this. Is it actually worth it?
      Last perm: April 2, 2012 Long-Term Transitioning
      Wiry texture Coarse strands Normal porosity Normal elasticity High density

Rhassoul clay Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
      Komaza Califia Moisturizing Cream Oils Hydrolyzed protein
      Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

Originally posted by Tania View Post
        I already know I'm low-porosity, but I've been thinking about purchasing this. Is it actually worth it?
        I think that it is better than the trial and error of trying different products, not to mention the expense. For $19.95, you will get your Live Curly Live Free hair analysis profile based on the hair sample and information you provided, along with some tips on which product ingredients to look for or avoid based on your determined hair type, as well as information on different product types.

Favorite Products: Giovanni SAS Shampoo and Conditioner, GDLI and Kimmaytube Leave In with GDLI. Non Giovanni = Vatika oil, Cherry Lola Treatment; Styler and Sealer = Carol's Daughter Marguerite's Magic

Comment

I think that it is better than the trial and error of trying different products, not to mention the expense. For $19.95, you will get your Live Curly Live Free hair analysis profile based on the hair sample and information you provided, along with some tips on which product ingredients to look for or avoid based on your determined hair type, as well as information on different product types.
          But is it like an in-depth analysis? Is it a page long, half a page, a few lines? Sorry I'm asking so much! I'm just afraid it'll tell me things I already know like "You have low porosity, you have thick strands and your head hates protein". Lol.

I wish they'd show a sample report so we can actually see what kind of information they are providing.

Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

But is it like an in-depth analysis? Is it a page long, half a page, a few lines? Sorry I'm asking so much! I'm just afraid it'll tell me things I already know like "You have low porosity, you have thick strands and your head hates protein". Lol.

I wish they'd show a sample report so we can actually see what kind of information they are providing.
            My report was six pages. It covered my Hair Type Information, Product Ingredients Information, and Product Type Information. I understand your concerns, because I was the same way. However, at that time I had wasted more than $19.99 on products that did not work, so I took a chance, and I am so glad that I did.

Comment

I think that you would get a better response if you post this in the "All things low porosity" thread in the Natural Hair Support section.

Yeah, okay, I'll ask there, thanks

I also was looking at getting the analysis a while back. It's only 20 which isn't that much, but then again, what if they're giving me information I can find out on my own. Exactly how deep is this analysis? How much information will they be giving me for 20$?
              Last Relaxer: The End Of August/2011 Big Chopped: November 2nd 2012

Comment

My report was six pages. It covered my Hair Type Information, Product Ingredients Information, and Product Type Information. I understand your concerns, because I was the same way. However, at that time I had wasted more than $19.99 on products that did not work, so I took a chance, and I am so glad that I did.
                SIX pages?! Ohhh wow. Fine fine, I'm sold. Lol! Thanks!

Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

Working...
                X