X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General product discussion

I did not want to do this in another thread and go too far off the thread topic so I'm starting one. I have questions, comments, views, and discoveries regarding products(both manufactured and homemade) and I invite you all to pour into this thread what you can't in other threads.

Down 2 bizness...

Firstly, Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream was in my local grocery store.... I wasn't expecting that at all. Not even my local Sally's carries it and here it is at the same store where I procured my lasagna fixins...weird.. ... but I'mma see if I like it.

Secondly, I first heard of Eco Styler about 2 months ago on CurlTalk. And 2day I saw it for the first time. I did not buy any cuz I wasn't sure what hold strength would do me well. I'm a 4c and I don't need my kinks gettin all hard and crunchy. Help me out, kids!

Lastly, I was in Sally's 2day and in addition to finding a pack of tracks reduced to 3.99, I also found Ion brand prepoo treatment that is cone free. It's a blend of olive, lavander, and argan oils. I'mma put it in my bentonite hair mask rather than as an actual prepoo. Seeing as how I don't poo NEmore... just wanted to put that out there in case NEone is interested.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlyNikki App

@KOrso I LOVE Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier but I LOATHE the Curly Cream stuff.It was like paste in my hair.I tried to like the Curly Cream but ughhhhh....

One of my good friends is a straight natural but to give her hair a break she wore a curly pony for about a week.For real I want to try it but I feel weird with phony ponies.Do you wear them?

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App
    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

I do not like Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade. It left so much build up in my hair. I had to manipulate it with some Organix Anti-Breakage, EVOO, and Honey. Hopefully it does better. If not, to the trash it goes.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using CurlyNikki

Comment

I complained about Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade in one of my youtube videos (xquisitelyfyne "The Sucky Six").

I love ponytails. I'm very particular about the ones I wear. I prefer making my wig/quickweave tho...

Was is like paste like Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue?? I haven't used it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KOrso View Post
          I complained about Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade in one of my youtube videos (xquisitelyfyne "The Sucky Six").

I love ponytails. I'm very particular about the ones I wear. I prefer making my wig/quickweave tho...

Was is like paste like Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue?? I haven't used it yet.

I have yet to try MJ's products but Motions went on really good. It was the next day when I combed my hair that I saw residue and it made my hair feel chalky. It was just gross. Not something I would buy again.

Comment

Can NEone school me on Eco Styler? I'm quite Eco Styler ignorant.

Comment

I finally tried Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream. I like it so far. I applied it after wetting my hair in the morning so my fro wouldn't be crunchy. If your hair is easily weighed down, don't use this product. I have very coarse, dry, tightly curled hair. I think the real test will be a twist/braid out.....

I still need a Eco Styler lesson......help kids!

Comment

TW curly cream seems to be good if you use it with other TW products. It works good for my TWA. But I am not crazy about it. I do like the bodifier mist. I added some to my spritz bottle.

Also.... anybody try the Eden peppermint and tea tree temple balm? It is one of my new faves for my edges and napes. I think it is helping regrow them.

Comment

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the TW Bodifier. I'd try it but it's hard finding TW products where I live...

Comment

Originally posted by KOrso View Post
                    I've been hearing a lot of good things about the TW Bodifier. I'd try it but it's hard finding TW products where I live...

I LOVE TW Protective Mist Bodifier.I first heard about it from YT's Family Going Natural.I buy the gigantic bottle from the beauty supply.I pour some into my spritz bottle and add water to dilute it.My son and I use it every day.I turned my mom onto it and she loves it too.We have 3 different textures and it works for all of us.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App
                    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

You can get the mist from Sally's.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I've been getting softly defined and moist curls with CURLS Pomade. I thought that lil container wouldn't be enough but you don't need much at all. I hated it the first time I got it, because it couldn't slick back NOTHING! My edges, the front of my hair, baby hairs, nada! But it has a good hold for twistouts.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App
                        Tightly coiled 4a TWA
                        CW: GTTTT
                        S: EVOO&EVCO

Comment

Originally posted by leaderlnss View Post
                          You can get the mist from Sally's.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
                          Here in Tucson, AZ you gotta find the right Sally's store. The two Sally's I frequent don't have it at all. I found the TWCCC at a grocery store. And it's probably just a test to see if it sells.

Comment

Has anyone tried the curls cleansing cream from sallys/target? What are your thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
                            Learning to love my 3c/4a hair for what it is each and every day. I'm in a 2 year waist length challenge, currently collarbone length. Never relaxed, but used excessive heat in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by IndieCoils View Post
                              Has anyone tried the curls cleansing cream from sallys/target? What are your thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
                              Is that the knock off Wen?

Comment

Working...
                              X