X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Hair Questions

I searched for a thread, but came up with nothing. I think having a thread for random questions would come in handy.

I only ask because I have a question but didn't think it needed its own thread.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop the very outer edges all around my twa (can't believe I get to say that now) to stop forming a ''ring'' when my hair dries?

Originally posted by BlessedBmyRoots View Post
    I searched for a thread, but came up with nothing. I think having one would come in handy.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop the very outer edges all around my twa (can't believe I get to say that now) to stop forming a ''ring'' when my hair dries?
    like stray hairs?
    Take a look at my blog! http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...rk-lovely.html

Dont hesitate to comment!

Comment

No, I mean my edges. The outer ring of my hair line. The very front of my head, behind my ears and the nape of my neck. I'm still trying to find my moisture balance, but while I'm getting coils and curls all over my head that part just dries and sticks out like a crown. No curls or anything.

I tried to take a pic, but my lighting is too bad

Comment

I figured it out. My edges weren't getting as much moisturizing products as the rest of my head was. I kept overlooking them. That, and my edges don't coil as much as the rest of my hair does.

Comment

I can do a flat twist!! I said that out loud and my niece just looked @ me like ''Really, Auntie?''. But anyways, umm...silly question... How do I secure it? I have about 3 inches of hair.

Comment

I know the feeling. I was excited after I big chopped and realized I could do twist outs and braid outs. Yesterday I pinned up the sides, I was so excited. Lol

--------------
            <3 MzSt3f

Comment

Glad I found this, I was just about to create a thread. Anywho...

Does anyone use some type of humidity resistant holding spray on their hair?

I'm trying to get ready for this summer heat and want to know if it's worthwhile to buy. I see a lot of different brands stores.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App

Comment

When I big chop my hair , are my waves going to turn into curls ?

Sent from my ADR6330VW using CurlyNikki App
                The Young Naturalistaaaa(:

Comment

I'm a thread grazer so I just mill around all the threads and topics and read and pick up on things lol But I read a thread similar to this asking about anti humidity products for twist outs or something. But it's in the Styling Natural Hair forum. You should check there.

Originally posted by BlackIsBeautiful View Post
                  Glad I found this, I was just about to create a thread. Anywho...

Does anyone use some type of humidity resistant holding spray on their hair?

I'm trying to get ready for this summer heat and want to know if it's worthwhile to buy. I see a lot of different brands stores.

Last edited by HugsXandXKisses; 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM.
                  5 years natural August 2012

2 years curly July 2012

Check out my blog: hairevolution.tumblr.com
                  Leave comments here on CN: Evolution of Hair: A Picture Blog

Comment

It's possible. When I was relaxed I was never bone straight so my ends were wavy. When I big chopped I had curls.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App
                    I want my hair to look good, feel good, and grow. The best combinations of science and nature should make that happen right.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedBmyRoots View Post
                      I searched for a thread, but came up with nothing. I think having a thread for random questions would come in handy.

Great idea starting this thread! I have a lot of random hair questions but I'll keep it simple lol. Ok, my hair is getting thicker as it grows and some of my products are starting not to work. What is a good, moisturizing conditioner for thick, kinky hair?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki

Comment

Originally posted by HugsXandXKisses View Post
                        I'm a thread grazer so I just mill around all the threads and topics and read and pick up on things lol But I read a thread similar to this asking about anti humidity products for twist outs or something. But it's in the Styling Natural Hair forum. You should check there.
                        Thanks! I'll search there

Comment

Originally posted by novicenatural89 View Post
                          Great idea starting this thread! I have a lot of random hair questions but I'll keep it simple lol. Ok, my hair is getting thicker as it grows and some of my products are starting not to work. What is a good, moisturizing conditioner for thick, kinky hair?

I have super thick kinky hair and for deep conditioning I love Mixed Silk deep conditioner and for added softeness ill add organic honey to it.

But if you're looking for a good leave in or moisturizer I swear by Elasta QP Olive oil and Mango Butter. We just had a whole thread on it and the majority was good reviews. hth

Comment

Originally posted by BlackIsBeautiful View Post
                            I have super thick kinky hair and for deep conditioning I love Mixed Silk deep conditioner and for added softeness ill add organic honey to it.

But if you're looking for a good leave in or moisturizer I swear by Elasta QP Olive oil and Mango Butter. We just had a whole thread on it and the majority was good reviews. hth

Thanks! Where can I find these?

Comment

Originally posted by novicenatural89 View Post
                              Thanks! Where can I find these?

Mixed Silk is a brand at Sallys and Elasta QP can be find at Walgreens and I've also seen it in the bss.

Comment

Working...
                              X