Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you change your hair type if you could?

I totally would. I have very tightly coiled 4Z hair that I absolutely hate. I can't do anything with it and it doesn't seem to grow. I've yet to see any 4C-hair youtube videos that looks like mine. It's borderline depressing.
    Last Perm: November 2009
    1st BC: Oct. 19, 2010
    2nd BC: Oct. 13, 2011

the only thing I would change about my hair if I could would be that my entire head would be the same texture. I have three textures and sometimes its hard to treat them all at once. its kind of like caring for three heads instead of one.
    Think like a Queen. A Queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. -Oprah

Comment

Im sorry u feel that way, I am sure your coils are beautiful. I would definately want my hair to be all one texture. I am not sure about hair typing, but the curls in the back of my head and on the sides are looser and more manageable than the ones on my crown and in the middle of my head. If all of my curls were just one texture I would be happy with that, sometimes I feel as if I am dealing with 2 diff heads.

Sent from my Dell Streak using CurlyNikki App

Comment

@Queen, that is funny we said the same thing. I totally agree having just one texture would make it easier to care for and treat our precious locs!!!

Sent from my Dell Streak using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Nah, I wouldn't change it. I love all kinds of hair and hair types and I love my type 4 hair too. I don't know if anyone has the exact same hair as anyone else, just like no one looks exactly the same either.

I haven't seen anyone on youtube with MY hair, but I still learn sooooooooo much about care and styling from a variety of hair types.

Your hair can grow! How are you taking care of it?
          Big Chop - October 22 2010
          Hair - 4a, Dense, Fine to Medium, Low Porosity

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyStacie View Post
            I totally would. I have very tightly coiled 4Z hair that I absolutely hate. I can't do anything with it and it doesn't seem to grow. I've yet to see any 4C-hair youtube videos that looks like mine. It's borderline depressing.

Have you thought of making your own videos? I can never really tell hair type in videos so I can't suggest any 4C women to check out. However if you feel there is a void in the natural YT community, it would be helpful to you AND other women to fill it. I'm not sure if you have the time or desire and all that. But I think it could be helpful.
            Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I feel about the same as Queen & Yanijo, If all my hair could be just one texture it would be easier to handle. Currently I have to flat twist my crown all the way to my forhead because of the loose curl pattern. But the rest of my hair I can simply do a two strand and be done in mins.
              Last edited by NiqueAmo; 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM.
              Monique
              http://naturalnique.blogspot.com/

Comment

You should check out foreseenatural on youtube. She has a few styles and tips.

But I would definitely make all of my hair one texture. Not sure which one, but just one would be good.
                sigpicLast relaxer 8/21/09
                BC 11/15/09
                NhappyJackie.Onsugar<<<< My Blog
                My FOTKI Youtube

Comment

Nope wouldn't change a thing I love my hair.yea I have have a few different textures but i find a way to make it work and nobody has my hair on YouTube but try to take little from everyone and incorporate into my routine. I believe cipriana from urbanbushbabes hAs 4b/4c hair and it's beautiful!!! Make u can check her out

Hth

:-)

Sent from my iphone CurlyNikki
                  PJ and proud of it.
                  BC 7/17/11

Comment

Hi I have 4b/4C hair(I think) and I honestly wish I had only one texture preferably 4C because my hair looks thicker and it isn't tightly curled. But I am grateful and eventually my hair will grow out good luck!
                    YouTube: TabbyShauna
                    Sent from my Comet using CurlyNikki App
                    I am Cool

Comment

NOPE!

& I haven't even taken the time to classify my curls yet, but I'm also still transitioning....

But at this point, I don't really care! Whatever grows out of my head, I accept it and will have to deal with it!! =)
                      Last Relaxer: Mar '11

Transitioning into the woman I am to be, in more ways than one!

Comment

yup, i wish i had 3b/3c.
                        i still love curly hair but a looser curl would be nice. albeit i think i discovered a big 3b patch at my crown :/ so now i have 3 textures. it gives my hair a nice shape in a wng but in twists it looks wonky
                        cbl - apl - bsl - mbl - wsl - WHIP - HL

fine/medium, dense, low porosity, 3c/4a/4b
                        shamp: CJ daily fix, theraneem gentle
                        con: CJ repair me, Naturelle grow dcs
                        leave in: SSI marsmallow butter
                        seal/style: coiffed sugar foot frosting, gleau oil

Comment

I def would. I wish my hair was thicker. It's thin on the sides and "regular" everywhere else. I like my naps, but I'm trying to learn how to love them.

Comment

I wouldn't change a thing about my hair - I love it! & the texture thing doesn't bother me; I love seeing the different curl patterns growing because it affirms my hair's uniqueness and beauty. Honestly, the hair type doesn't affect how I treat it or what I do to care for it.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenSheba View Post
                              the only thing I would change about my hair if I could would be that my entire head would be the same texture. I have three textures and sometimes its hard to treat them all at once. its kind of like caring for three heads instead of one.
                              Same here!

Blessed in so many ways! Loving my curls!
                              http://www.youtube.com/sheacoconautral

Comment

Working...
                              X