X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any high school naturals?

Are you natural in high school ? Did you transition or big chop ? How long did you transition ? How long have you been natural ? What were your transitioning styles ? How did your classmates take it ? What Did your mom/dad say when you told them you wanted to go natural ?

I am in the 11th grade 10months post relaxer. I have been wearing weaves as transition styles. I plan to big chop in January (New Year New Hair) I dont think there are many naturals at school that I know of. Its my choice so my mom isnt stopping me although she isnt a big fan. I mean overall im excited and cant wait to be fully natural!

Sent from my SGH-T499 using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files

Comment

Im in the 11th grade too &' im 3 months post relaxer .

Comment

JUNIOR 2014!! I'm going on 4 months natural and I transitioned for about 6 months..... So yeah.. I just wore wash and gos and I wear my hair in twist ^_^ I really like it so do people at me school. Even though they ask if I'm getting dreads ._.

Comment

Im am a Freshiee ! I big chopped my 8th grade year, & currently 10 months post. Trasitioned for 8 months.
          [creating me!, NATURALLY]

Comment

I'm in tenth grade ! Transitioned for ten months then big chopped !

Sent from my ADR6330VW using CurlyNikki App
            Attached Files
            The Young Naturalistaaaa(:

Comment

Yes , I'm a Senior class of 2013. I transitioned & Bc. I transitioned for a year. Since i count from when i BC'ed 15 months. I kept braids in or I flat ironed my hair. A lot of people liked it , they said it showed my personality more but some girls were mad because i had long hair & cut it. My mother didn't have a problem with it as long as i didn't bc, but i got her to ok my bc & she cried.

Comment

I am a sophomore. I'm really 2015 but I might graduate in 2014. I decided to go natural in 8th grade. I have kinky twists in when I decided. I had the twists in for 3 months and transitioned for 2 more months when I took them out. The only transition style I had was a bob. That was when I started cutting my permed ends off. My mom and dad really didn't care. Now my mom is about 4 months into her transition. But I am now saving money to get sisterlocks. I should have them by the end of the month!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
                Last edited by KrazEKinkEKurlz; 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I'm a senior '13!!!! And I've been natural for 5 years. I flatironed through my transition and usually just wear wash and goes.

Comment

Heyyyyyyy! I'm a freshman as well! I transitioned for a while in 6th grade, snipping little by little of permed ends and was fully natural by that summer/beginning of 7th grade! I see a lot of naturals at my school with twas! I think its cute and great since we all share our tips/advice and what not!
                    Haterz gonna hate!

Comment

I'm a junior! i went 3 months without a relaxer, but i didn't officially start transitioning until June, then i big chopped July 31st. so I transitioned for about 2 months. I'll be 3 months natural on Halloween. I had TONS of transitioning styles; roller sets, twist outs, braid outs, Bantu knot outs, braids, etc.. some people liked it, a lot of people didn't, but i didn't care if anyone liked it or not. my dad didn't notice until a few days after I chopped (he doesn't live with me). my mom told me she hated it, then she learned to love it. she always has fades & usually uses a texturizer, but now she wants to go natural completely.

tried a little updo on my hair but you can't really see it in the picture lol

twitter: imdecentlydope
                      Instagram: imdecentlydope
                      kik: thecurlyfry (:
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am a natural in High School! :-) I'm 16, I'm a Junior. I transitioned for 6 months, & I chop chopped my relaxed hair off 5 days ago, so I've been completely natural for 5 days lol. My classmates loved my hair, I got alot of compliments of my hair, no negative ones,My main transition styles were Grecian Twists, bantu knots, curly mohawks, braid outs. But now I wear wash & gos, or bantu knots with a scarf .

Sent from my LG-VM696 using CurlyNikki App
                        Last edited by NiWesttt; 10-11-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Are you natural in high school ? YEs.
                          Did you transition or big chop ?transitioned for like 2 or 3 months planned for longer . But i got fed up so i big chopped :/
                          How long did you transition ? 2 or 3 months
                          How long have you been natural ? almost 8 months
                          What were your transitioning styles ? braids
                          How did your classmates take it ? called me telma from "Good Times"
                          What Did your mom/dad say when you told them you wanted to go natural ? She was like okay well that you. I like my creamy crack .
                          Look At My Fro

Comment

Yes, i'm a senior. I've always been natural my whole life. Most people like my hair..even the white kids tell me they wish their hair got like mine lol. My mother never let me get a perm even when I would beg her when I was little because kids made fun of my "puff ball". I'm soo glad she didn't let me get one.

Comment

Hi! I'm a junior and I've been natural for 5 months now! I transitioned for about a year on May 1st and I've been loving my hair ever since

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using CurlyNikki App
                              Last edited by YourBeautiful:); 10-19-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X