Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teens dating outside their race? Anyone? (crickets)

I'm 18 , a freshman in college and I've always liked everyone (black,blue,yellow,green,white) whatever, if I find you attractive then I think that should decide whether or not I would like to have a conversation with a guy, not because of ethnicity. Anywho, I began dating outside of my race in highschool (junior year) I dated my first white guy bc my school was predominately white and the black guys weren't so pleasing to my eye, but anyway he grew up in the city so I consider him a "wangster" lol but later on in the relationship things got bad bc he had no good morals at all so had to let that go, now in December I began dating a guy who is a jewish Israeli but he looks like a tan white guy. He shops at PAC sun, holister etc but alot of my friends are so stuck on sticking to their "own" when it comes to dating so they look at me like I have "jungle fever" and the black males give me dirty looks , I just think it's kind of offensive bc it's like I'm suppose to only date black guys but I cant help that im attracted to who I'm attracted to and besides i feel the guys outside my race have so much more respect for me and they like me for who I am, I don't have to change my hair or be a certain complexion to satisfy their "desirable" needs...sorry if it was really long to read, I just want to know if any of you have a similar story?
    Transitioned Time:
    May 2009-Febuaray 2010
    Fully Natural: 3 years
    Texture/Type:Thick 3c/4a

Yes, I just left a 3 year relationship with a white man, and let me tell you, all men are the same at the end of the day, lol. No but I've had the same reactions from friends & the general black male public (dirty looks). Most of them are just closed minded and/or one sided. I believe in loving ppl for who they are & not based on color.

I've dated White, Indian, Hispanic & Black, at the end of the day I didn't even see all that. If anything it's a different experience when you go to meet the parents. You might learn something From each others differences.

Comment

True true lol men are dogs smh but that's true I got to meet his parents too and they're some of the nicest people I've ever met, I think that's because they're foreign , they're real laid back chill people.
      Transitioned Time:
      May 2009-Febuaray 2010
      Fully Natural: 3 years
      Texture/Type:Thick 3c/4a

Comment

That's dope, because meeting someone's parents, regardless of race, is nerve racking.

Comment

I married a german guy. We met like 5years after his family moved to the US. We liked each other for a few years but never said anything. When we started dating, none of our parents gave us heat. His parents loved me and my parents loved him. And all of our family (bros sis moms dads neices nephews) all got along great
          What annoyed me tho, is when ppl would ask how my dad felt about me dating a white guy (he had a sad experience with racists ppl in the south when he was young). Funny thing is, my dad could care less what color he was, as long as baby girl was happy.

Long story short: as long as your happy, go girl. Just be prepared for a little hateration (ie Our honeymoon in Florida, but that's another story for another day).

*Love has no color*

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I was recently expressing to my sister that I would like to date outside of my race. The only thing is that I've never been approached. I've only dated black or Hispanic men. I guess I could approach them, but I'm not really the flirting type. Now that I go to a predominantly white university I thought that I could more readily put myself out on the dating scene. But I've discovered that the white men don't really date the black girls and if they do it some big secret. & the black men are too busy jumping from one white girl to the next. So I really don't see myself dating anyone while I'm in college.

I mean I do go to a very small school & the white population seem to come from the same background: small town & conservative. Maybe my dating experience, well rather lack thereof, is a combination of factors.

Comment

I dated a white guy in high school and college.

That's my prom pic!
              I don't think anyone really cared or thought twice about us. We had less "cultural differences."

-Bri
              -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

I dated a white guy in college for two years and I accepted him with all his flaws and all. (Recovering from an addiction to weed, nearly dying in car wreck, suicide attempts.) But all this was before me, but he was still battling his demons. Anyway, my parents didn't want me dating him, especially my dad. He was like "My daughter is not going to be some white man's b*tch!" I never brought him around, but the relationship eventually died because I couldn't handle the way he did things, nor did I want to have a relationship where I couldn't have my boyfriend around my family. Besides, he wasn't the greatest boyfriend. Anyway, I'm happy and I think I found my future husband in my current boyfriend, lol.

All I can say is do your thing. It doesn't matter what color his skin is, as long as he makes you happy that's all that matters. Good luck!
                BC: January 10, 2012
                Last relaxer: December 2011
                Hair Type: 4B & 4C
                Length Check: January 10, 2013 - 5 inches

Comment

Well i'm bout to be 14 in 6 days and i've never had the experiences yall had but everyone in my family always like "coco you gone marry a white person and get us all out the hood" i mean we really dont live in the hood but thats what they say and I be like wow is there something wrong with liking people other than black. I don't know whats wrong with people these days *SMH*

Comment

Honey, so many people are still so closed minded. I dated all kinds before I settled down. One was Mexican & Korean, and dorky. White, Puerto Rican, Asian and Cape Verdean. As long as your happy. It's commendable that at such a young age you choose not to discriminate. That's great! Enjoy it and be multicultural. Whatever makes you happy.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeGirl93 View Post
                      I'm 18 , a freshman in college and I've always liked everyone (black,blue,yellow,green,white) whatever, if I find you attractive then I think that should decide whether or not I would like to have a conversation with a guy, not because of ethnicity. Anywho, I began dating outside of my race in highschool (junior year) I dated my first white guy bc my school was predominately white and the black guys weren't so pleasing to my eye, but anyway he grew up in the city so I consider him a "wangster" lol but later on in the relationship things got bad bc he had no good morals at all so had to let that go, now in December I began dating a guy who is a jewish Israeli but he looks like a tan white guy. He shops at PAC sun, holister etc but alot of my friends are so stuck on sticking to their "own" when it comes to dating so they look at me like I have "jungle fever" and the black males give me dirty looks , I just think it's kind of offensive bc it's like I'm suppose to only date black guys but I cant help that im attracted to who I'm attracted to and besides i feel the guys outside my race have so much more respect for me and they like me for who I am, I don't have to change my hair or be a certain complexion to satisfy their "desirable" needs...sorry if it was really long to read, I just want to know if any of you have a similar story?
                      I know how you feel. I haven't ever dated anyone. But, if a guy is attractive to me (& he doesn't act like an idiot), then I don't care what color he is. I've had crushes on guys that are white, black, Latino, Asian, Native American, Middle Eastern - and everything else in between. I'm open to dating guys from other races. My father says he doesn't mind me or my siblings dating outside of our race, but he keeps asking me if I've ever liked any black guys, and he constantly tells me how I'm going to meet nice black guys in college. So, his words and actions aren't exactly lining up. My mom all but told me she doesn't want me to date/marry a non-black guy. My friends and I were talking about this the other day, and my mom's friend overhead and told my mom about it. My mother was all upset, telling me how she never wanted to marry a guy who wasn't black (ummm...we're 2 different people, mother), there's huge cultural differences, white people don't do everything right (I never said any such thing), other races don't know what it's like to be black (how does that relate?), etc., etc. And the rest of her side of the family is ridiculous, too. They're so against any us having relationships with other races (in the romantic sense). They teased my poor cousin for nearly an hour because they found out that he liked a white girl at his school. And when I told them that I wanted to go to the University of Pittsburgh, they laughingly said, "It's okay, you can bring a little white boy home." It drives me crazy! A lot of times I feel like screaming at family gatherings because of the racist comments they make. And then they talk like blacks and whites are the only races in the U.S. They'll say something like, "[Insert beginning of sentence]...it don't matter if you're white, black, blue, green, purple, orange..." Umm, hello? I've never seen people with blue, green, purple or orange skin. There are Asians, Latinos, Native Americans and Middle Easterns/Arabs here, too! They act like they don't exist. It's not just a black and white America anymore (it never really was, anyway). It's a multi-colored, multi-racial, all-inclusive hodgepodge of cultures and peoples.

Comment

I have only dated outside my race ever since I stared dating lol. Don't get me wrong I just never found myself attracted to black males. I love my "brothas" haha but idk its just something... but my boyfriend of a year next month Mason is mixed. I love him to death! We get usual dirty looks and remarks from black boys and girls white guys and girls too ... we brush it off. Shoot it ain't with them why care lol (:

This is me and my baby <3

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CoilsAndCurls96 View Post
                          I have only dated outside my race ever since I stared dating lol. Don't get me wrong I just never found myself attracted to black males. I love my "brothas" haha but idk its just something... but my boyfriend of a year next month Mason is mixed. I love him to death! We get usual dirty looks and remarks from black boys and girls white guys and girls too ... we brush it off. Shoot it ain't with them why care lol (:

This is me and my baby <3

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App
                          You guys make such a cute couple

Comment

I wouldn't mind dating outside my race. But it's hard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Photolove View Post
                              I wouldn't mind dating outside my race. But it's hard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
                              Hard in what sense? For the two people in the relationship, the families of the two individuals, or all parties involved?

Comment

Working...
                              X