X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo N.Y. Curlies???

Really looking to connect with a local naturalista Are y'all out there!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

I'm a resident of buffalo... 6 months into my transition... Hi lol

Comment

Yaaaay!!! Ok I'll be 6 months in the 27th! How are you rocking your hair?

Originally posted by Nunatural8412 View Post
      I'm a resident of buffalo... 6 months into my transition... Hi lol

Comment

I'm in Sorrycuse, excuse me, Syracuse.

Comment

I try all different styles... Twist and curls come out good, Bantu knots not so much... I've been flat ironing on low heat because my boyfriend is not fond of the bushy look lol I also have Caruso steam rollers-awesomeness. I've tried roller setting... Doesn't come out so good I'm sure it's because of the texture difference. I am addicted to shea moisture products, I do need a new deep conditioner tho... Planned on a bc in April but I think I will try to push to a full yr and wait until August. What about u?

Comment

Hey PincessBri How long have you been natural?
            Originally posted by PincessBri View Post
            I'm in Sorrycuse, excuse me, Syracuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cae View Post
              Hey PincessBri How long have you been natural?

It's supposed to be Princess, but idk how to change it! A little over a year and a half. I transitioned for a few months but idk how long exactly, I cant remember my last relaxer for the life if me, I must have blocked it from my memory

Comment

Oh ok, you have hair to work with. Me not so much. I'm six months post BC so I dont have alot of hair. Lol! I do twists and braids on my lil bit of hair but I've been rocking my wigs on top as my protective style. I recently bought a handheld steamer and steam a couple times a week with glycerin to help with my moisture issues. I'm not currently using sm products but do own a few, my dc at the moment is Jessicurl dc treatment but I also make my own. I tried to transition but home girl cut off my progress smh oh well. August isn't that far hold out if you can! My bf isn't thrilled about my hair either his issue is the wigs :/ he loved my hair and since I'm hell bent on growing it out first he's impatient!

I try all different styles... Twist and curls come out good, Bantu knots not so much... I've been flat ironing on low heat because my boyfriend is not fond of the bushy look lol I also have Caruso steam rollers-awesomeness. I've tried roller setting... Doesn't come out so good I'm sure it's because of the texture difference. I am addicted to shea moisture products, I do need a new deep conditioner tho... Planned on a bc in April but I think I will try to push to a full yr and wait until August. What about u?

Comment

Try to go online like from a desktop instead of through the forum and see if you can edit your name from there. How are you rocking your hair?

It's supposed to be Princess, but idk how to change it! A little over a year and a half. I transitioned for a few months but idk how long exactly, I cant remember my last relaxer for the life if me, I must have blocked it from my memory

Comment

Originally posted by Cae View Post
                    Try to go online like from a desktop instead of through the forum and see if you can edit your name from there. How are you rocking your hair?

Twist outs all day err' day cuz 1. I'm style challenged and 2. Braid outs look terrible! Every once in a while when I'm bored ill get a sew in and I've had braids twice but it's hard to find someone decent (professional, listens, has their own edges intact) to do braids and the girl that does my sew ins doesn't do braids anymore

Comment

I have never worn weave before so most protective styles and wigs aren't an option. The bf also despises weave so it's out of the question. Been trying to find styles to keep my hands out of it but with the relaxed ends, there rnt many options. Castor oil is my best friend I forgot to mention. I acquired a bald patch towards the front my head in my bang area and I've been using co to bring it back.. It's starting to fill in.

Comment

Lol @ professional, listens, has own edges in tact!! Girl I feel you cause people will have you messed up! I've had twists for my ps but when I loosened them I didn't care for the look. I like the way my curls look after a wash n go though! I kinda wanna take it back and get me some poetic justice braids but have the same problem finding someone. Thought about calling the local hair school to check prices but haven't gotten around to it.

Twist outs all day err' day cuz 1. I'm style challenged and 2. Braid outs look terrible! Every once in a while when I'm bored ill get a sew in and I've had braids twice but it's hard to find someone decent (professional, listens, has their own edges intact) to do braids and the girl that does my sew ins doesn't do braids anymore

Comment

I personally love the ease of wearing a wig as my ps but before going natural I stayed away from weaves mostly. There was a time I was rocking weaves all day erday! But thankfully that phase has past lol. So tell me about this co. Are you just rubbing it into the bald patch? I have used jbco in prepoos and in my oil mix from time to time. Can't tell if it did anything specific though. Probably because I have never used it by itself.
                          I have never worn weave before so most protective styles and wigs aren't an option. The bf also despises weave so it's out of the question. Been trying to find styles to keep my hands out of it but with the relaxed ends, there rnt many options. Castor oil is my best friend I forgot to mention. I acquired a bald patch towards the front my head in my bang area and I've been using co to bring it back.. It's starting to fill in.

Comment

I have regular co and I grease my scalp with it every other day like I used to when I was 12 lol it works wonders... Softens and strengthens my hair and I rub it into the bald patch and my edges... The bald spot is almost all the way filled in. I got it from wearing stretchy heads bands which I've done forever but for a while I was wearing them everyday to hold the edges down. It's too heavy for my ends tho. I also have shea butter that I blended evoo and coconut oil. I use that on wash day after I put my leave in on. U should look at kinkycurlycoilyme they have a castor oil challenge coming up.

Comment

I will check out the challenge, but I'm worried that I'm not disciplined enough to follow a challenge. I just kinda do what i do when she needs it.
                              I have regular co and I grease my scalp with it every other day like I used to when I was 12 lol it works wonders... Softens and strengthens my hair and I rub it into the bald patch and my edges... The bald spot is almost all the way filled in. I got it from wearing stretchy heads bands which I've done forever but for a while I was wearing them everyday to hold the edges down. It's too heavy for my ends tho. I also have shea butter that I blended evoo and coconut oil. I use that on wash day after I put my leave in on. U should look at kinkycurlycoilyme they have a castor oil challenge coming up.

Comment

Working...
                              X