X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly NYC Meet Up

Hey guys, sort of spur of the moment but I was talking to some other curlies about meeting together for a day trip in New York. The influence for this meet up is Shea Moisture's pop up shop which will be in Bryant Park (Manhattan) until January 8th. The products are regular price or 3 for $25. Of course besides going there we could do lunch together as well. We were thinking either January 4th or 5th. It'd be open to any east coast curlies who would want to attend or any curly who happened to be in the area at the time for that matter. If you'd be travelling from a nearby state without a car, the megabus <<megabus.com | Now serving over 20 million bus customers in North America>> has great rates.
    sigpic

Im in!!!
    fearfully & wonderfully made - Psalms 139:14.

Current Products
    Prepoo: coconut oil & extra virgin olive oil
    Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Poo/CH Mud&Clay Bar
    Conditioner: HE Honey I'm Strong/HE Totally Twisted
    Stylers: Eco Olive Oil Gel/AIAN Curling Jelly/Shea Butter Mix/SM Deep Treatment Masque
    Butters/Moisturizers: Shea Butter Mix/SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie/Reve Essentials

Comment

Thinking bout it but I don't drive in the city. But I'm also skeeved by public transportation.

Comment

I am in, I am in the city and can meet for a bit. Nursing my little one, might have to bring him.

Comment

I would love to participate. I am a native New Yorker and it would be great to meet you ladies. I travel on the road with my husband but I could request for some home time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Judah View Post
            Hey guys, sort of spur of the moment but I was talking to some other curlies about meeting together for a day trip in New York. The influence for this meet up is Shea Moisture's pop up shop which will be in Bryant Park (Manhattan) until January 8th. The products are regular price or 3 for $25. Of course besides going there we could do lunch together as well. We were thinking either January 4th or 5th. It'd be open to any east coast curlies who would want to attend or any curly who happened to be in the area at the time for that matter. If you'd be travelling from a nearby state without a car, the megabus <<megabus.com | Now serving over 20 million bus customers in North America>> has great rates.
            I'm currently in the city for family emergency ... I was driving by Bryant Park yesterday & noticed the pop-up ... I'm going to go there today sometime. I wish you guys were meeting up sooner than later, but I understand. I didn't expect to be in the city at this time, so I'm trying to find "fun" things to do with my girls while we're here to get away for a little while - it's pretty easy to do. So, Bryant Park here we come ... Will post any pertinent info that I gather!

~NeeC1
            No one should work harder FOR you ... THAN you. Self-reliability - get you some!

Comment

Neecccccccccc1 !!! Yooooo ^^^^^

Lol

I wanna go yall going half on my ticket right

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Good looking out Neec1. Too bad you'll be gone before then. Glad to see some native NYers are interested because you guys will definitely know more about the city than I do lol. Maybe the two of you can recommend some good spots for lunch.

@ KC: This is no time to be skeeved woman!

@Lizzi: I'm sure no one will mind if you have to bring the little one. A mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do *in my Tommy Pickles voice*

The 4th or 5th works fine for me either way but which day of the two do you ladies prefer?
                sigpic

Comment

I hope the 4th works for everybody. Cause I was planning to go and just haven't got around to it yet. It'd be great to meet you guys.
                  Sent from my iPhone using
                  CurlyNikki

Instagram:nikkijo22

Comment

Great!! I can do both days. I'll think of a place to meet in that area and places to eat. For now I can think of Virgil's, a BBQ place a few blocks west - really good and something for everyone (really good salads for vegetarians). We can discuss more in detail when it gets closer

Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Ooh--I didn't know about this...I may go myself! I'm about 2 hrs north of the city. Thanks for posting! 😀
                      ~Blen

Need strength? Wait. <Isaiah 40:31>

Last relaxer~ March, 2010
                      Chop/Officially Natural ~ January 2011

Staple Prods: Terressentials Mud Wash, Shescentit and BASK Condishes, Juicy Naturalista and UFD's Curly Magic & Super Curl.

On deck: Belle Butters, All Things O'Natural & Marie Dean.

Bringing back: Afroveda, Darcy's Botanicals & Shea Moisture.

Follow me on Twitter@Blencouragesu

Comment

The 4th? Friday? afterwork? It's only good for me if we trying to hit a night club or something cuz a sista has a 9-5 with a 45 min commute, longer if I gotta pick up one of my rugrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Netteyp View Post
                          Neecccccccccc1 !!! Yooooo ^^^^^

Lol

I wanna go yall going half on my ticket right

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App
                          Netteyp -
                          You're silly, girl! LOL I didn't get by Bryant Park today - it's been drizzling all day & I've been back & forth to Queens all day. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by sometime tomorrow morning ...

~NeeC1
                          No one should work harder FOR you ... THAN you. Self-reliability - get you some!

Comment

I might just go tomorrow to check it out, don't know if I can wait until next month. I can go again for sure as a group

Comment

Here's a list of other shops that will be there
                              List of Shops | Holiday Shops at Bryant Park

So, one person can't do the 4th and one person can't do the 5th,and the rest of us will do any day, correct?

@ Lizzi: Ha, if I lived in NY I'd probably do that myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X