Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2012 Hits and Misses

Hope it not a thread started already!
    If not Cmon ladies whats your hits nd misses?
    I'LL start

Hit: oyin hair dew and bsp twist out. It is epic soft and shiny

Miss: Desert Essence coconut condish the smell is Toooooooooo Strong and artificial

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Hit:
    - Aussie Moist 2-in-1 Shampoo
    - Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong Conditioner
    - Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner
    - Tropical Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Miss:
    - CC's Naturals Sugar Scalp Scrub

Potential Miss:
    - CC's Naturals flax seed gel
    sigpic

Comment

Hit:

Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
      Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk

Miss:

Shea Radiance Hair Repair Cream

Comment

Hits: CoilyHeadChick's Hair Perfection
        Cantu Naturals Loc and Twist Gel

Miss: Shampoo Bars
        B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

Hit:
          Curl junkie: deep fix, curl rehab, smoothing lotion conditioner, smoothing lotion leave in, and beauticurl argan & olive oil leave in

Alikay Natural's: Moisturizing Black Soap shampoo (my hair was so soft. I almost felt like I didn't need to use a conditioner)

Miss:

Alikay Natural's: Honey & Sage deep conditioner. For me it had absolutely no slip, just sat on top of my hair, and had these little shells that were extremely difficult to rinse out of my hair.
          Holy Grails:
          Cleanser: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil. ACV.
          Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil
          Leave-in: Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In & SMTN&MO
          Styling Products: EcoStyler. Alikay Naturals Curling Custard.
          Oils: Coconut oil. Carol's Daughter Hair Balm. Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade. Alikay Natural Shea Yogurt. Naptural85's oil mix.
          Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque. Jessicurl Deep Conditioner.

Comment

Hits: Cowashing with conditioning cleanser (condish + AVJ + ACV) and adding a sulphate poo to the mix
            Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Delight Leave-In Conditioner
            Curls Curl Creme Brulee
            Oyin Handmade Juices and Berries
            Carol's Daughter Tui Moisturising Leave-In Conditioner

Misses: Suave Naturals as DC (honey, oils, extra condish...didn't make a dent in that potassium chloride)
            Using conditioner with silicones...ultra fail. After several weeks strictly CG, my hair won't accept silicones at all

Potential Miss: conditioning with TRESemme Naturals NM conditioner - old formula. There isn't a ton of short chain alcohols in it, but my hair felt so parched and lost its normal spring curl definition, shine and moisture

Comment

Miss: Tresemmes Moisture Rich Shampoo AND Conditioner

*CurlyChemist im going to try your conditioning cleanser idea. Sounds awesome*

Sent from my SCH-I405 using CurlyNikki App
              *Last Relaxer: April 20, 2010
              *Big Chop: September 4, 2010
              *very thirsty & dense

Comment

Hit: cc's naturals flaxseed gel. It is slimy but light. I didn't have to use a lot. Working on 3 day hair so far...

Miss: cc's naturals leave in. It was a little too thick and it was hard to get it out of the bottle while in the shower. A pump would be better. It didn't help my curls clump either. Anyway I'll use it up but won't repurchase.

Comment

Originally posted by pyces82queen View Post
                  Miss: Tresemmes Moisture Rich Shampoo AND Conditioner

*CurlyChemist im going to try your conditioning cleanser idea. Sounds awesome*

Sent from my SCH-I405 using CurlyNikki App
                  Aw, thanks I inadvertently got the idea from Peepla (her video about it is here -----> 329. My shortcut shampoo/scalp wash - YouTube ), but forgot she'd mentioned it until Naya said something about it. It has truly been a godsend for me. I just couldn't do plain shampoo, cowashing, clays, mud washes, or just ACV. But when those things are blended together, it's just like a cleansing conditioner, without really feeling like one, if that makes sense lol.

SN: If you add ACV, make sure that you only add a bit 0.5-1 tsp; 1.5 tsp at the most. Adding a bit of a poo (maybe the TRESemme Moisture Rich poo could work in this mix) helps the mixture to lather more, and it's a bit more cleansing. I usually make it on a week-by-week basis and leave it in my fridge overnight.

Comment

Miss - strike 1: Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic. Did a wng and this did elongate my curls a bit. However in the area where my curls are the loosest, this left the hair limp with too loose of a wave for my liking. I will try this on top of a curling cream as well as on a twistout or braidout.

Hit:
                    -Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
                    -Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
                    If you can find either of these on the ground, make sure you READ THE LABEL! I spent the last 2 weeks looking in every Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Target, Sally's and local BSS for the hair masque only to find out a couple hours ago that I had accidentally bought a jar about a month ago thinking it was the Curling Cream!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hit: As I Am Smoothing Gel....gives me the perfect slick backed look when I'm wanting that Sade look. No crunchy,dry texture and offers a nice shine.

Miss: None as of it....have yet to try out my new goodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hit: miss jessies curly buttercream and curly meringue, one n only argan oil shampoo and conditioner and hydration mask

Miss: none so far

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App
                        Big Chopped 06/30/12
                        TWA and loving it!!

Comment

Hit: CoilyHeadChick's Hair Martini, moisture, softness, and SHINE! I am really loving her line so far. I have the Shine and Seal but I haven't tried it yet.
                          B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

I liked that one too. That's actually going on my December buy list as I only had a sample and loved it...

Originally posted by beautyjunkie12 View Post
                            Hit: As I Am Smoothing Gel....gives me the perfect slick backed look when I'm wanting that Sade look. No crunchy,dry texture and offers a nice shine.

Miss: None as of it....have yet to try out my new goodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hit: cream and coco raspberry ganache deep conditioner, orange honey marmalade and the curls for days pudding. I also liked her carrot almond whipped Shea frosting. Aunt Jackies Knot on my watch.

Miss: Cream and coco Cocmallow cowash conditioner bar and shescentit rich moisture masque...didn't leave my curls popping
                              Stalk me here

Media Content Blog
                              :
                              http://assortedflavors.ilovetastemakers.com

Natural Hair Blog: http://obsessednapturally.wordpress.com/

Personal Blog:
                              http://eriebaybee7.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X