Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chagrin Valley Poo Bars? Which is your favorite?

Hi! So I have a few extra dollars in my college student pocket and decided to treat myself to a hair product! I've heard rave reviews about Chagrin Valley and their shampoo bars and wanted to know...which one is your favorite? Which one do you think is the absolute best?

I want one that is great for thick, coarse hair and leaves hair still moisturized. And if it detangles, that is a major plus! Let me know! Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
    Last edited by MyHairIsLikeWhoa; 09-29-2012, 07:28 PM.

I just started using the Babassu Marsh Mallow poo bar.I cut it into cubes to last longer.It gives me so much slip that I can finger detangle without any hassle.Easy breezy!! I started doing an aloe vera juice rinse then I apply conditioner afterwards and rinse again. The result? Soft, detangle hair. This poo bar is one of their best sellers.Here's a pic of the bar and ingredients.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files
    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by MyHairIsLikeWhoa View Post
      Hi! So I have a few extra dollars in my college student pocket and decided to treat myself to a hair product! I've heard rave reviews about Chagrin Valley and their shampoo bars and wanted to know...which one is your favorite? Which one do you think is the absolute best?

I want one that is great for thick, coarse hair and leaves hair still moisturized. And if it detangles, that is a major plus! Let me know! Thanks!

My favorites are the Mud and Clay bar, Buttery Bar Conditioner Bar, and the Rosemary Mint bar. The Buttery Bar Conditioner bar is UPER moisturizing. It is designed for thick, coarse hair. I have been able to detangle with ALL of these bars.

Get some sample sizes. They will last you a good while and give you a chance to try them out.
      B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
        My favorites are the Mud and Clay bar, Buttery Bar Conditioner Bar, and the Rosemary Mint bar. The Buttery Bar Conditioner bar is UPER moisturizing. It is designed for thick, coarse hair. I have been able to detangle with ALL of these bars.

Get some sample sizes. They will last you a good while and give you a chance to try them out.
        Braelynn, don't tell me that!! You all ready got me wanting that mud & clay bar too. Lol.... Hey, I read the reviews for the herb garden bar and every last one said it gave them a boost in hair growth.I looked at the ingredients and it has some of the same ones as my beloved Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening shampoo. I was like well, well, well..mama might have to buy one of these beauties.Lol.....

http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenpriestess View Post
          Braelynn, don't tell me that!! You all ready got me wanting that mud & clay bar too. Lol.... Hey, I read the reviews for the herb garden bar and every last one said it gave them a boost in hair growth.I looked at the ingredients and it has some of the same ones as my beloved Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening shampoo. I was like well, well, well..mama might have to buy one of these beauties.Lol.....

Oh wow, I didn't know that about the herb garden bar! I think I will purchase that one next. That Rosemary Mint bar is good too, the lather is so creamy (it has coconut milk in it). It has the same consistency as my Giovanni Shampoo mix, the ingredients are similar, plus it gives a tingle. Chagrin Valley bars are definitely winning!
          B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

Oh wow, I didn't know that about the herb garden bar! I think I will purchase that one next. That Rosemary Mint bar is good too, the lather is so creamy (it has coconut milk in it). It has the same consistency as my Giovanni Shampoo mix, the ingredients are similar, plus it gives a tingle. Chagrin Valley bars are definitely winning!
            I think maybe I should buy sample bars of the ones I'd like to try. I already have 2 of the babassu marsh mellow bar. I want to sample the herb garden, mud & clay, butter bar, and neem and tea tree oil.

Read those reviews on the herb garden bar.EVERY last one mentioned hair growth.I was like GREAT!!!! I pair the use of this bar with my other natural products and I'll be looking like a black Rapunzel.Lol....

Comment

Braelynn and Raven,

Thanks for the recommendations! Before I made this thread I was seriously torn between the babassu marshmellow bar and the buttery bar! Now its even harder! Maybe ill just get samples of both

And Raven, you make the herb garden one sound really good!

SN: every time I am on CurlyNikki forums, it seems like you two are always having great convos on some threads lol

Comment

Braelynn and Raven,

Thanks for the recommendations! Before I made this thread I was seriously torn between the babassu marshmellow bar and the buttery bar! Now its even harder! Maybe ill just get samples of both

And Raven, you make the herb garden one sound really good!

SN: every time I am on CurlyNikki forums, it seems like you two are always having great convos on some threads lol

Hah!!! Lol... Braelynn is a cool lady and she has a lot of good info. I LOVE talking about hair and natural products. The samples are pretty cheap like $2.60 or something like that. I cut my bars into cubes so they last longer.I store mine in sturdy storage ziplock bag.I make sure it's dried off before I place it back in the bag.

The Herb Garden one is chock full of good herbs thus the name.I read the reviews like three times with my mouth hanging open. I almost drooled over the ingredients.Lol..Come to think of it..ALL of their bars are SO tempting!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenpriestess View Post
                  Hah!!! Lol... Braelynn is a cool lady and she has a lot of good info. I LOVE talking about hair and natural products. The samples are pretty cheap like $2.60 or something like that. I cut my bars into cubes so they last longer.I store mine in sturdy storage ziplock bag.I make sure it's dried off before I place it back in the bag.

The Herb Garden one is chock full of good herbs thus the name.I read the reviews like three times with my mouth hanging open. I almost drooled over the ingredients.Lol..Come to think of it..ALL of their bars are SO tempting!!

Aw! I like reading her reviews on certain products too! She raves about Jessicurl and Camille Rose products that I really wanna try too! My natural senses start tingling when I talk about natural hair and products!

And I have GOT to read those reviews on the herb garden! You make it sound sooo good! You should become a chagrin valley spokesperson lol thanks for the advice!

Comment

I reviewed a couple on www.geekycurly.com. I like mud and clay. I use their deodorant and I love the Castile soap too.
                    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlyNikki App
                    -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

Aw! I like reading her reviews on certain products too! She raves about Jessicurl and Camille Rose products that I really wanna try too! My natural senses start tingling when I talk about natural hair and products!

And I have GOT to read those reviews on the herb garden! You make it sound sooo good! You should become a chagrin valley spokesperson lol thanks for the advice!

Aw, thank you ladies so much! PJism can make you a spokes person for a lot of things lol! I have found my staples though, I am glad I am moving past that stage. Raven is awesome too, love the dialogue that I have with her! She makes me want to try the entire Nubian Heritage Line!

Order those sample bars, you won't be sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by beYOUtiful View Post
                        I reviewed a couple on www.geekycurly.com. I like mud and clay. I use their deodorant and I love the Castile soap too.
                        Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlyNikki App
                        Thanks! I will definitely read up on that!

Comment

Aw, thank you ladies so much! PJism can make you a spokes person for a lot of things lol! I have found my staples though, I am glad I am moving past that stage. Raven is awesome too, love the dialogue that I have with her! She makes me want to try the entire Nubian Heritage Line!

Order those sample bars, you won't be sorry!
                          I believe you! And Raven is the queen of Shea Moisture and Nubian Heritage! Is the Rosemary Mint clarifying? Does the buttery bar cleanse your hair well?

Comment

I believe you! And Raven is the queen of Shea Moisture and Nubian Heritage! Is the Rosemary Mint clarifying? Does the buttery bar cleanse your hair well?

Yes, they both cleanse your hair well. I wouldn't consider the Rosemary Mint as clarifying. It's great for an itchy scalp or if you like a soothing tingle. It doesn't dry my hair at all yet cleans my scalp well. The chamomile and citrus bar is more of a clarifying bar. The Rosemary Mint bar has coconut milk, honey, and other moisturizing ingredients. You won't be disappointed with any of them. I forgot to mention I used the Babassu Marshmallow one that Raven raves about when I big chopped and it is great as she says it is.

Comment

Now y'all got me stalking the Chagrin website while looking for spare change to buy the samples 😊

Comment

Working...
                              X